Author Topic: Slaven Bilic  (Read 683458 times)

Baggie79

• Senior Baggie

Re: Slaven Bilic
« Reply #275 on: July 01, 2019, 05:17:05 AM »
Really enthused and excited by the appointment, genuine hope for the first time in a long while. Welcome to the Albion Super Slav!!
Gera, Gera, Gera

mikehy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #276 on: July 05, 2019, 11:01:50 AM »
I wonder if he is getting frustrated yet by the lack of signings?

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #277 on: July 05, 2019, 11:34:03 AM »
I wonder if he is getting frustrated yet by the lack of signings?

Nope. At this point it's only fans frustrated partly because we're not privy to the goings on. Bilic is professional he knows we have over a month yet before the window closes, that's more than enough time.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #278 on: July 05, 2019, 01:25:44 PM »
He will get frustrated with the jerks we have in charge, only way he will succeed is to have total control of football side of club.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #279 on: July 05, 2019, 01:38:28 PM »
Ally Robertson: I hope Slaven Bilic tells us exactly what he thinks

Sensible article from Ally

Source: https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/west-bromwich-albion/2019/07/05/ally-robertson-i-hope-slaven-bilic-tells-us-exactly-what-he-thinks/
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Mr Cynical

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #280 on: July 05, 2019, 01:51:11 PM »

Source: https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/west-bromwich-albion/2019/07/05/ally-robertson-i-hope-slaven-bilic-tells-us-exactly-what-he-thinks/

"The rebuild has already started to gather pace with Craig Dawson leaving for Watford. "

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #281 on: July 05, 2019, 03:33:09 PM »

wise words, I differ on Sal but thats about all
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #282 on: July 08, 2019, 12:26:21 PM »
Hope Slav's got a rabbit or six to pull out of the hat. An already thin squad is getting thinner by the day
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #283 on: July 08, 2019, 12:27:42 PM »
Wonder how much Bilic is on board with the current situation of losing our best players ?
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #284 on: July 08, 2019, 12:30:05 PM »
Wonder how much Bilic is on board with the current situation of losing our best players ?

He, as we all were, was perfectly aware of the situation before he took over. He won't be half as concerned, if at all, as some of the fans. He will know all the goings on behind the scenes.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #285 on: July 08, 2019, 12:31:42 PM »

I imagine he would have been made aware of the position fairly early on in the discussion process. It is why I harped on about it so much last season and is now coming to bear fruit, we had to get promoted last season as our squad was always going to be a shadow of its former self this season. We were never going to have as good a chance of promotion as we had last season and we completely blew it through poor management choice.

Slaven is going to need to work a miracle this season to have us anywhere near competing for promotion.

Mr Cynical

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #286 on: July 08, 2019, 12:46:03 PM »

I guess it's common practice, and therefore obvious to Bilic, those in the last year of their contracts will naturally be sold (or extend) that's Dawson, Phillips, Rondon and HRK (please).

Also, JRod's departure is a contractual obligation, I'm sure he'd be aware of the clause.

I'd be much more concerned about what reassurances he got regarding player aquisitions.  At the very basic level we have 60 goals to replace from last season. plus two defenders to find to ensure we are tighter than last season.  Assuming JRod and Rondon go in the next few days we'll be 10 players down on the squad size at the end of last season.  I am worried that Jenkins' ultra-conservative approach is going to leave us short, in effectivemess if not numbers.  (i.e. Players that aren't good enough, but are cheaper.)

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #287 on: July 08, 2019, 01:34:14 PM »

I'd expect him to be fully on board with it otherwise we could well be looking for another manager sooner rather than we expected

glosterbaggie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #288 on: July 08, 2019, 07:42:43 PM »
I'd expect him to be fully on board with it otherwise we could well be looking for another manager sooner rather than we expected
Indeed I don't think he is the kind to "suffer fools" and I may be unkind there.But can only go on last seasons performance. 
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell"
"You can't put a price on being able too live with yourself"As I said to a tory MP

Gilsey 56

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #289 on: July 08, 2019, 08:58:29 PM »
I think if he wasn't on board with the players going we would be looking for a new manager now.
I just wish he was appointed a bit quicker and totally agree that this season will be a transitional one and keep our expectations in check.
if we do really well, brilliant, but as long as we can see a platform being created I will be happy for a rebuild year, after all thats what we have all been crying out for.
In the beginning there was light.......Followed by the king Jeff Astle.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #290 on: July 08, 2019, 09:02:00 PM »
Wouldn't surprise me if he walks god knows what bull his been sold.

keithowba86

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #291 on: July 08, 2019, 09:18:56 PM »
he knows exactly what he's been sold! dont panic! he's got signings lined up ready to fill those voids!

sammyg

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #292 on: July 08, 2019, 09:23:31 PM »
he knows exactly what he's been sold! dont panic! he's got signings lined up ready to fill those voids!

Liking the confidence! Hope that is the case.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #293 on: July 08, 2019, 09:26:18 PM »
What does anybody think Bilic and the board were discussing prior to his appointment the weather? If you listen to his interview at his appointment he does reference that some players may leave, well at that point he had to know that was at least a possibility but without concrete offers on the table he nor the club could be absolutely certain either way.

Well two have left and no doubt will be replaced one way or another.

He won't walk because this was always on the cards.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 09:58:56 PM by Standaman »
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #294 on: July 09, 2019, 08:02:12 PM »
Is there a news blackout with the new gaffer?

baggiemart

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #295 on: July 09, 2019, 08:19:12 PM »
This is something that needed doing at the start of last season.

But I don't think we had the personnel confident enough of doing such changes.

Lets face it , we failed last season. So we need to change the team so that we don't fail again.  We might need a season to set the foundations but in the long run I am sure it will all come good.

If we had kept the side that finished last season we would not have made the play offs next season

The defence was not good enough, the midfield was to old and not mobile enough and the attack was not sharp enough.

slate

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #296 on: July 09, 2019, 08:26:52 PM »

Most of your posts are incredibly negative. Try and keep your pecker up old man.

NathWBA

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #297 on: July 09, 2019, 08:31:15 PM »
I’m pretty sure he would have been well aware of Rodriguez release clause, there hasn’t been an unexpected departure at all yet.
The Lord's My Sheperd I'll Not Want
He Makes Me Down To Lie,
In Pastures Green,He Leadeth Me,
The Quiet Waters By.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #298 on: July 09, 2019, 08:37:45 PM »

Of course he won’t walk. All of this would have been discussed during his interview discussions.

Nathan

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #299 on: July 09, 2019, 08:46:14 PM »
This is something that needed doing at the start of last season.

But I don't think we had the personnel confident enough of doing such changes.

Lets face it , we failed last season. So we need to change the team so that we don't fail again.  We might need a season to set the foundations but in the long run I am sure it will all come good.

If we had kept the side that finished last season we would not have made the play offs next season

The defence was not good enough, the midfield was to old and not mobile enough and the attack was not sharp enough.

Absolutely right in every respect. We were crying out for sweeping changes last Summer, on and off the pitch. Instead we were stuck with Moore and the same backroom and the same under achieving players, nothing changed, no new impetus, just a wasted season. Now we are having the much needed (vital) sweeping changes, people are panicking. It's a year too late in my eyes but it's exactly what is required. I knew we would be 99% certain to be losing Dawson, Rodriguez, Rondon and Hegazi so I'm damn sure Slaven did too! He would be preparing his targets with that knowledge. I'm quite sure Slaven is thrilled deep down that he can put his own stamp and mark on the team without being reliant on and lumbered with the old guard. I for one am excited by the season ahead. Slaven will do us proud.