Author Topic: Pepe Mel  (Read 163234 times)

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

Re: Pepe Mel
« Reply #525 on: October 25, 2017, 04:30:06 PM »
He goes through more clubs than Rory Mcllroy.

At least he can find plenty of clubs to employ him as their manager...unlike a certain Mr. Irvine.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #526 on: October 25, 2017, 04:33:16 PM »
He goes through more clubs than Rory Mcllroy.

hes only had two since he left us i think, should have striaght swapped him with tony cluless
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 04:35:25 PM by WBAinDEVON »
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #527 on: October 25, 2017, 04:47:36 PM »
At least he can find plenty of clubs to employ him as their manager...unlike a certain Mr. Irvine.

Irvine worked his balls off while here and that I respect.

I don't give Pepe Mel all the blame for his reign. He was given a very tough job and the appointment wasn't right for both parties in my opinion. It was like trying to put a glove on your foot. Although when you hear reports of him going sight seeing rather than training and players not respecting him then it's hard to see how he would have succeeded here. If it wasn't for Downing we would have been relegated that season I have no doubts about that. He was the real gaffer during that time.
the regime don't like it man

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #528 on: October 26, 2017, 05:53:11 PM »
Yes. Let’s get Downing back.
Born Baggie. Die disheartened.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #529 on: August 07, 2018, 02:53:30 PM »
I posted about Pepe Mel last week,Looks like it got deleted. nothing offensive. just asking if anyone knows what hes up to. is he in work etc

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #530 on: August 07, 2018, 09:50:19 PM »
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #531 on: August 08, 2018, 08:12:55 AM »
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pepe_Mel

cheers for this but it doesnt tell me anything i dont already know. it would be nice to know of his whereabouts after Deportivo

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #532 on: March 05, 2019, 09:42:33 AM »
“Former West Brom boss Pepe Mel has taken on this new challenge”

Back in business, good luck Pepe

Source: https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/former-west-brom-boss-pepe-15921772
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #533 on: March 05, 2019, 08:29:22 PM »
good luck to Pepe Mel

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #534 on: March 07, 2019, 08:48:49 PM »
I have never understood the level of affection for him ,each to their own but I thought he was rubbish
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #535 on: March 07, 2019, 09:06:23 PM »
I have never understood the level of affection for him ,each to their own but I thought he was rubbish

I would say the affection stems from the board and players completely stitching him up.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #536 on: March 07, 2019, 09:06:29 PM »
You and me both mate!

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #537 on: March 07, 2019, 09:40:20 PM »

Always thought exactly the same lol, has he done anything decent anywhere else either?

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #538 on: March 07, 2019, 10:32:05 PM »
Always thought exactly the same lol, has he done anything decent anywhere else either?
Nothing
Gets sacked every fortnight and is now in la liga 68

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #539 on: March 08, 2019, 09:03:12 AM »
A very affable type of character who came across as having empathy with the fan base.

He was a pawn, parachuted in to Albion by Dave McDonough. I don’t think he was ever really suitable or up to Coahing / Managing in English football and, cruelly, some may say the same about Spanish football also.

Nice chap though, but thank goodness for the much maligned Keith Downing
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #540 on: March 08, 2019, 10:51:02 AM »

I think many were swayed by dreams of swashbuckling football played at breakneck speed on the high press. When our leaden footed donkeys of the time failed to deliver on Pepe's (and our) aspirations, attentions turned to his disarming smile, engaging chatty style, ability on the acoustic guitar and his eminently shaggable looking daughter. Just a few thoughts, I'm not sure regarding the order of preference but there you go  ;) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #541 on: March 08, 2019, 11:13:42 AM »
I think many were swayed by dreams of swashbuckling football played at breakneck speed on the high press. When our leaden footed donkeys of the time failed to deliver on Pepe's (and our) aspirations, attentions turned to his disarming smile, engaging chatty style, ability on the acoustic guitar and his eminently shaggable looking daughter. Just a few thoughts, I'm not sure regarding the order of preference but there you go  ;) .

Dan, I think we have a clue to your order of preference  ;) and can’t say I blame you  ;D
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #542 on: March 08, 2019, 04:39:52 PM »
Pointless appointment at the time. No good bringing in one man to work alongside a setup already in place and not letting him bring his own men in. Didn't work out and one of the reasons it was never going to work is the players again deciding who they want to play for and how they want to play as those players have done on a few occasions.

Modern football where the players get paid more than the person supposedly managing them !! Managers will never win, they will succeed for a while but then players get bored or a manager fails to select a player who has power and sway in  the dressing room and the minute that happens he's on countdown for his nice payoff ready to repeat it all over again at another club. Unless you're an Alex Ferguson type where you have the clout to get rid of anyone who starts playing up you will never win longterm.

Football management best job in the world.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #543 on: March 08, 2019, 05:15:59 PM »
Pointless appointment at the time. No good bringing in one man to work alongside a setup already in place and not letting him bring his own men in. Didn't work out and one of the reasons it was never going to work is the players again deciding who they want to play for and how they want to play as those players have done on a few occasions.

Modern football where the players get paid more than the person supposedly managing them !! Managers will never win, they will succeed for a while but then players get bored or a manager fails to select a player who has power and sway in  the dressing room and the minute that happens he's on countdown for his nice payoff ready to repeat it all over again at another club. Unless you're an Alex Ferguson type where you have the clout to get rid of anyone who starts playing up you will never win longterm.

Football management best job in the world.

And the best redundancy packages
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #544 on: March 08, 2019, 06:40:06 PM »
it was me that kept us up that season anyway, the spanish flag atmosphere pulled us through

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #545 on: November 20, 2019, 03:36:30 PM »
Any news on Pepe folks

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #546 on: November 20, 2019, 03:50:40 PM »
Any news on Pepe folks
He’s at Las Palmas

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #547 on: November 21, 2019, 05:15:28 PM »
correct Hunnington. in gran caneria in feb, might go to a game if there at home that week

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1009547156?-11200:789

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #548 on: November 23, 2019, 07:42:12 PM »
Any news on Pepe folks

Yeah, Levi's won.