Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556982 times)

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #9600 on: December 28, 2016, 11:29:38 AM »
christ is he still here :(
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9601 on: December 28, 2016, 11:30:38 AM »
MAGA!

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9602 on: December 28, 2016, 11:49:00 AM »
Totally agree. If he wants a big club then Everton or West Ham are the biggest that he can realistically hope for.  Can't see Spurs coming back in for him but you never know.
and wham are a big club?their only attraction is the bright city lights of that london shitehole,why anyone wants to live there is beyond me.a disaster in waiting given todays political climate and anyhow they no bigger than us so its a sidestep for him or even a downstep

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #9603 on: December 28, 2016, 12:12:09 PM »

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9604 on: December 28, 2016, 12:12:45 PM »
Pulis tried to get rid in his first transfer window. If he truly wanted him to be in the first team he would be.

If he truly wanted him gone he would be too

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #9605 on: December 28, 2016, 12:22:38 PM »

maybe that's what will happen now. I think Berahino's "never going to play for Peace" comment really pee'd off Peace to the point where he may well have decided that if Berahino isn't going to play for him he won't play for anyone else.

Now we have a new owner we may see the back of Berahino.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9606 on: December 28, 2016, 12:28:03 PM »
maybe that's what will happen now. I think Berahino's "never going to play for Peace" comment really pee'd off Peace to the point where he may well have decided that if Berahino isn't going to play for him he won't play for anyone else.

Now we have a new owner we may see the back of Berahino.

You may well be correct, I guess only time will tell...

Either way it needs to get sorted sooner rather than later so we can get another striker in... we're too reliant on rondon atm it only takes one knock and we're screwed when we have 1 striker who ain't getting a look in and another one who cant score.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #9607 on: December 28, 2016, 12:31:38 PM »
You may well be correct, I guess only time will tell...

Either way it needs to get sorted sooner rather than later so we can get another striker in... we're too reliant on rondon atm it only takes one knock and we're screwed when we have 1 striker who ain't getting a look in and another one who cant score.

Agreed Adamw, we really do need to get another striker in, someone with quality too not just another back up.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #9608 on: December 28, 2016, 12:51:12 PM »
what difference is another striker going to make the way tone plays his football, super sub maybe

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9609 on: December 28, 2016, 01:05:02 PM »
what difference is another striker going to make the way tone plays his football, super sub maybe

We need another striker even if it's just a back up incase rondon gets injured... saido ain't getting game time and Robson kanu ain't shown he can score goals for us

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #9610 on: December 28, 2016, 01:11:53 PM »
We need another striker even if it's just a back up incase rondon gets injured... saido ain't getting game time and Robson kanu ain't shown he can score goals for us

he probably aint managed an hours football yet

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9611 on: December 28, 2016, 01:21:28 PM »

he probably aint managed an hours football yet

His goalscoring record overall speaks volumes, all the times rondon has looked tired and fatigued and pulis still starts him over Robson kanu... tells us everything we need to know

But until this saido situation is sorted, I can't see us going in for another striker

moggie

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #9612 on: December 28, 2016, 03:13:29 PM »
I still think Berahino will sign for a European football club to make the most money for him and his agent. I think he would like the Albion to be short changed as well. I hope I'm wrong!

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9613 on: December 28, 2016, 05:03:00 PM »
A little thing called a contract says differently. I'm not sure that Pulis has the authority to sack him. (And the bomb squad shows you can't get rid of people who don't want to go)
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9614 on: December 28, 2016, 05:30:46 PM »
Newcastle rumoured to be interested. Everton clearly are, Stoke no doubt as well, and it will be a surprise if West Ham aren't. Maybe even Southampton as well.

I think we'll get £10m. Can't see Berahino turning all of them down. We'll probably give an incentive to go to one of them, i.e. he keeps 50% of any fee over £8m which is what we'd probably get at tribunal if he stays in England.

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9615 on: December 28, 2016, 06:32:30 PM »
A little thing called a contract says differently. I'm not sure that Pulis has the authority to sack him. (And the bomb squad shows you can't get rid of people who don't want to go)

But by listening to peoples stories and theories on here its;

1) a player that dont want to be here at all
2) clubs were interested
3) pulis tried his best to get rid (according to VVVAlbion)

If that was the case, he wouldn't be here right now.

Im not pulis' biggest fan (but i will give him credit where its due) - and he has done way more than he needs to, to try and get saido back fit and into the team.
Why send him to france? - that comes at a cost... why are we paying to get someone fit when potentially we could not get a penny back from it in the end
Why did pulis put him with the 'kids'? - Don't forget this is the immature/disruptive/troublemaking/stuck up saido were talking about... why would you risk that around the young positive lads?

People want saido far away from this club as possible.. and i can see where people are coming from, he has potential and the club gave him his chance... in my eyes he's blew it more than once

But because that's what most fans want to happen, people will refuse to face the facts that he is still a West Bromwich Albion player and come the end of the season he could potentially sign a new contract.  (After all, the club don't want him to leave without a fee and his ambition is to play for a top club - like it or not it's a possibility)

Me personally, I don't believe he can make up for all he's said and done and I think the best option for everyone would be for him to be gone asap... but im also wise enough to realise that is not the only option.

After all.. this is the baggies.. full of suprises  :-[

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9616 on: December 28, 2016, 07:19:55 PM »
But by listening to peoples stories and theories on here its;

1) a player that dont want to be here at all
2) clubs were interested
3) pulis tried his best to get rid (according to VVVAlbion)

If that was the case, he wouldn't be here right now.

Im not pulis' biggest fan (but i will give him credit where its due) - and he has done way more than he needs to, to try and get saido back fit and into the team.
Why send him to france? - that comes at a cost... why are we paying to get someone fit when potentially we could not get a penny back from it in the end
Why did pulis put him with the 'kids'? - Don't forget this is the immature/disruptive/troublemaking/stuck up saido were talking about... why would you risk that around the young positive lads?

People want saido far away from this club as possible.. and i can see where people are coming from, he has potential and the club gave him his chance... in my eyes he's blew it more than once

But because that's what most fans want to happen, people will refuse to face the facts that he is still a West Bromwich Albion player and come the end of the season he could potentially sign a new contract.  (After all, the club don't want him to leave without a fee and his ambition is to play for a top club - like it or not it's a possibility)

Me personally, I don't believe he can make up for all he's said and done and I think the best option for everyone would be for him to be gone asap... but im also wise enough to realise that is not the only option.

After all.. this is the baggies.. full of suprises  :-[
If you're going to quote me, quote me correctly. You've added "tried his best".

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/sport/football/602369/Tottenham-Transfer-News-Tony-Pulis-furious-Saido-Berahino/amp

Maybe the press were making it up? (Quite possibly)
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9617 on: December 28, 2016, 07:53:15 PM »
If you're going to quote me, quote me correctly. You've added "tried his best".

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/sport/football/602369/Tottenham-Transfer-News-Tony-Pulis-furious-Saido-Berahino/amp

Maybe the press were making it up? (Quite possibly)

TONY PULIS is reportedly 'furious' West Brom failed to sell Saido Berahino before then end of the summer transfer window.

There is the key word!

I could find about 3 different links of pulis saying saido is doing great and he wants him back in the first team..

Like i say, time will tell as no one really knows whats going on.

orville

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #9618 on: December 29, 2016, 12:49:54 PM »
Ligue 1 leaders Nice are reportedly in talks with West Brom striker Saido Berahino (ESPN)

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/rumour-mill-pulisic-talks-liverpool-chelsea-want-34m-striker

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #9619 on: December 29, 2016, 06:40:24 PM »
Ligue 1 leaders Nice are reportedly in talks with West Brom striker Saido Berahino (ESPN)

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/rumour-mill-pulisic-talks-liverpool-chelsea-want-34m-striker
maybe there was more to the fat camp visit.

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #9620 on: December 30, 2016, 10:19:18 AM »
Isn't Nice where Balotelli is? They'd get on great!

He/him

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9621 on: December 30, 2016, 02:23:35 PM »
Tony Pulis says Saido Berahino is not ready to be involved with West Brom's first-team as the striker is struggling with physical and mental aspects of his game. Berahino has not played since September and has not scored in his last 14 games in all competitions for West Brom, a drought stretching back to February. The 23-year-old recently returned to the club after being sent to a conditioning camp in France to help him lose weight and regain fitness.

This is a farcical and disgraceful situation and club coaching staff must shoulder some blame. It seems to me that Pulis doesn't want to play him before the end of the transfer window in case Berahino gets injured. We must be the laughing stock of the rest of the league.

collins101

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9622 on: December 30, 2016, 02:38:13 PM »
He was out on boxing day was pretty melow, when asked 'why are you out, shouldn't you be getting fit' he responded with 'what's the point when you know you're never going to be picked anyway'... take that as you will
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 05:31:40 PM by collins101 »

botters

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9623 on: December 30, 2016, 05:24:19 PM »
He was out on boxing day was pretty melow, when asked 'why are you out shouldn't you be getting fit' he responded with 'what's the point when you know you're never going to be picked anyway'... take that as you will

That just sums up Berahino's pathetic attitude. What about getting fit for a move away or if he is to stay then say that he is going to prove Pulis wrong and get back in the first team.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #9624 on: December 30, 2016, 05:55:59 PM »
He was out on boxing day was pretty melow, when asked 'why are you out, shouldn't you be getting fit' he responded with 'what's the point when you know you're never going to be picked anyway'... take that as you will
Is this from a good source ? Strikes me as a question that a player would not be too happy to be asked.