Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556666 times)

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #8250 on: July 30, 2016, 10:33:58 PM »
I am wondering if anyone else is changing their views on Berahino?

I have faced he does not want to be at the club any longer and I think he was a real prat in the way he hit to twitter and dropped his bundle last season.

However... There has to be a time where a person is able to change employers and Berahino must be getting very frustrated as well, it is still after all his life he is living. I know contracts are there for both sides, but it is rare to see a situation dragging out this long.

He seemed to face the fact he would not get to leave last year, he seems to be handling things better that he might not get to leave this season and if the rumors are true of him potentially heading overseas and leaving us with nothing at the end of this contract, well for my way of thinking... I won't hold that against this.

Look he has at times been extremely immature, no doubt at all.
He has at times said things completely disrespectful and inappropriate.. .

However he is still a young lad, he could be earning a lot more elsewhere, he could be playing for a team more suited to strikers and he already had a club as high up as a Tottenham offering coming for him, so he will be thinking he could be playing for a club that plays in Europe also (potentially).

IF the club says to him this transfer period... Screw you, we are keeping you to the end, then I for one will be upset at the club, not Berahino if he chooses to say "screw you" and leaves overseas and with us completely empty handed.

Take the 20m, or set a realistic amount... 22, 23? Whatever the amount is... and let both parties move on with life. Stop being belligerent for the sake of it and let us as a club use the funds and others to secure our squad for this season.

Also... I don't think our handling of this case bodes well for any player looking to come into the club

1. He could be earning a lot more with us if he would agree to sign a new contract.  His choice.

2. Maybe he just doesn't fancy moving to either Stoke or Palace, as he doesn't see them as a step up

mateinone

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8251 on: July 30, 2016, 10:39:36 PM »

1. He could be earning a lot more with us if he would agree to sign a new contract.  His choice.

2. Maybe he just doesn't fancy moving to either Stoke or Palace, as he doesn't see them as a step up

1. Yes he could, but whether that matches what he would earn elsewhere seems unlikely, we are not one of the higher paying teams in the Prem. I don't know what the other clubs are offering, but I would think it is more and by now... the goose is already cooked. Also yes it is his choice to sit out his contract, but then we are in no position to moan when he chooses to leave to Europe and leaves us empty handed.

2) Maybe... Thought I think most people would consider those clubs as playing a brand of football more suited to an attacking player. Obviously his thoughts on those two clubs are left to us to imagine at the moment, but I would be surprised if Stoke has not received some sign of encouragement from Berahino's camp to be still making bids.

Regardless
It doesn't change my mind that I am now switching to the camp that I don't blame him anymore. He made mistakes, but I tihink the club are now being pretty pathetic in their handling of him.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #8252 on: July 30, 2016, 10:41:13 PM »
For those who went today...
How did he play?

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8253 on: July 30, 2016, 11:07:39 PM »
1. Yes he could, but whether that matches what he would earn elsewhere seems unlikely, we are not one of the higher paying teams in the Prem. I don't know what the other clubs are offering, but I would think it is more and by now... the goose is already cooked. Also yes it is his choice to sit out his contract, but then we are in no position to moan when he chooses to leave to Europe and leaves us empty handed.

2) Maybe... Thought I think most people would consider those clubs as playing a brand of football more suited to an attacking player. Obviously his thoughts on those two clubs are left to us to imagine at the moment, but I would be surprised if Stoke has not received some sign of encouragement from Berahino's camp to be still making bids.

Regardless
It doesn't change my mind that I am now switching to the camp that I don't blame him anymore. He made mistakes, but I tihink the club are now being pretty pathetic in their handling of him.

I have no doubt that he could be earning about 4 times what he currently earns, and become our top earning player, if he has signed a new contract (even one with a buyout clause).

I believe it's pretty clear that the club will not sell him until we have signed a replacement.  That is currently a logjam as we can't yet sign Sakho.  Even if we do sign Sakho, it depends on us selling Berahino.  We can only sell him to a club which he is prepared to sign for. 

We need to sell him now, but if he doesn't want to go to the clubs who want him, then neither he nor the club are in a position that we would like to be in.

wba13

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8254 on: July 30, 2016, 11:10:54 PM »
I believe price been set for little toe rag gone as soon as replacement comes in ,you can hold club to ransom, loan to Brentford kicked out bad attitude, did something on training pitch hit by morro and then decided to tweet like when Stoke placed bid for him get the bad influence out our great club sooner the better.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #8255 on: July 30, 2016, 11:43:47 PM »
For those who went today...
How did he play?

He ran around a bit and tried but the way we played wouldn't have been complimentary to the world's best strikers let alone Berahino. Like i say, he tried but we were just too deep.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8256 on: July 30, 2016, 11:49:21 PM »
He ran around a bit and tried but the way we played wouldn't have been complimentary to the world's best strikers let alone Berahino. Like i say, he tried but we were just too deep.
and there in lies the problem that wont change until the dinosaur has gone,i hope the new owners can see this

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #8257 on: July 30, 2016, 11:54:02 PM »
and there in lies the problem that wont change until the dinosaur has gone,i hope the new owners can see this

We don't play to his strengths. Another playing out of position. Put him on the last man and playing in behind and we'd see more end product.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8258 on: July 31, 2016, 12:17:16 AM »
Everton want £75 million for Lukaku, so £30 million is fair for Saido imo.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8259 on: July 31, 2016, 12:24:52 AM »
Like it or like it not he is our best striker
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

Throstletown

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8260 on: July 31, 2016, 07:40:26 AM »
We dont need strikers the way we play, and Im in the lads corner now let him go and enjoy football again.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #8261 on: July 31, 2016, 10:07:16 AM »
Like it or like it not he is our best striker
On the evidence of the last 12 months no he is not our best striker.

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8262 on: July 31, 2016, 10:14:41 AM »
On the evidence of the last 12 months no he is not our best striker.

Played in the right position he would outscore Rondon every time.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8263 on: July 31, 2016, 10:26:50 AM »
I don't understand how anybody can be happy with him staying. The sooner he goes the sooner we can move forward. Keeping him makes no sense!

I think it's because
no 1,  on his day (though we haven't seen many of them of late) he is one of the best young english strikers in the premier league
no 2, how much would that calibre of player cost to replace (ask spurs to sell us Harry Kane for £20 million & see what they say)
no 3 , would Albion really spend £20+ million on one player to replace him (take into account his wages to)
no 4,  if yes would that player really want to ply his trade for us ? ??? :(

I think he will go but will feel like we've missed a trick in doing so.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #8264 on: July 31, 2016, 11:08:57 AM »
Played in the right position he would outscore Rondon every time.
Very debatable...not enough evidence to sway either way.

B714LF

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #8265 on: July 31, 2016, 12:03:44 PM »
In the premier league he's no Harry Kane. Far from it. Been here way to long. Glad to see the back of him. He's so highly thought of he will end up at Stoke or palace!

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8266 on: July 31, 2016, 12:36:40 PM »
In the premier league he's no Harry Kane. Far from it. Been here way to long. Glad to see the back of him. He's so highly thought of he will end up at Stoke or palace!

Who said he isn't. He outscored Kane in the U21's. You aren't really factoring in the service Kane gets at Spurs compared to what Saido gets here.

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8267 on: July 31, 2016, 12:41:04 PM »
So far in his career he's miles away from Harry Kane in performance, achievements and attitude . Why is Harry Kane playing champions league and international football whilst Saido might join Stoke if he's lucky. The football world can't be fooled by someone who thinks he's good (most of the time) . He has potential to be good but he also also has potential to drop down the leagues too if his head isn't right longer term so his career is in the balance now whereas Harry Kane is already the finished article and would get into most if not all top six teams.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 05:33:38 PM by darbolina »

sing on our own

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8268 on: July 31, 2016, 03:47:07 PM »
I'm not convinced by Berahino tbf, take away his penalties and he's had 7 or 8 good games in 3 seasons. If he was as good as he though he was we'd have a hybrid of Messi and Ronaldo.

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8269 on: July 31, 2016, 05:26:37 PM »
Who said he isn't. He outscored Kane in the U21's. You aren't really factoring in the service Kane gets at Spurs compared to what Saido gets here.

Francis Jeffers has the best goalscoring record for the U21's.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #8270 on: July 31, 2016, 05:48:56 PM »
An ITK poster elsewhere has said this afternoon that Berahino is going to sign for Stoke. Fingers crossed that we'll soon be able to see an ending to this drawn out and undesirable episode.

Lloydy

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8271 on: July 31, 2016, 05:50:50 PM »
An ITK poster elsewhere has said this afternoon that Berahino is going to sign for Stoke. Fingers crossed that we'll soon be able to see an ending to this drawn out and undesirable episode.

Maybe there has been some significant movement between us and Stoke that has meant we can now push on with Sakho.
No no, no no no no, no no no no, no no shots on target.......

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8272 on: July 31, 2016, 06:15:35 PM »
I think it's a case of shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted. I would imagine the lad would have felt he was being cheated out of a decent contract by the pitiful wages he was getting, pitiful when compared to other 10+ goals a season strikers.
The catalyst would have come when he played for England U 21's and asked the likes of Harry Kane if  Daniel Levy trusted him with a lot of money. :)

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #8273 on: July 31, 2016, 06:36:01 PM »
Maybe there has been some significant movement between us and Stoke that has meant we can now push on with Sakho.

Or vice versa - we've got closer to Sakho so it frees Saido

He/him

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8274 on: July 31, 2016, 07:52:00 PM »
Latest from John Percy

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/07/31/saido-berahino-set-to-leave-west-brom-after-diafra-sakho-agrees/

West Bromwich Albion are ready to offload Saido Berahino after agreeing a £15million deal with West Ham for Diafra Sakho.

Berahino will be cleared to complete a move away from the Hawthorns as Tony Pulis closes in on a club record deal for Sakho, the Senegal international.

Stoke and Crystal Palace have both made offers worth around £20million for Berahino and his unhappy 12 months is coming to an end, with a move likely this week.

Sakho is expected to officially sign for West Brom in the next 48 hours and the deal will beat the club's previous record of £12million for Salomon Rondon.

West Brom have also stepped up their interest in Leicester defender Jeffrey Schlupp and tabled an improved offer of £10million.

Leicester rejected an opening bid earlier this month but Pulis has returned with another proposal after identifying Schlupp as the man to solve his problematic left-back position.

Doesn't say where he's going but the Sakho deal was always the key to his leaving.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.