Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556664 times)

smosher34

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #7275 on: February 26, 2016, 07:58:35 PM »
should of been said months ago !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hong Kong Phooey

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #7276 on: February 26, 2016, 08:14:53 PM »
He's a bit of a ****, but at least this is a step in the right direction.

He didn't have to do it, but if he is serious, then he now needs to show us out on the pitch, he owes us...
In football, as in life, facing up to difficulties makes us stronger…Carlos Corberan

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7277 on: February 26, 2016, 08:45:23 PM »
I fully accept his apology and will 100% support the lad.

Honestly I sometimes despair with people who will not accept an apology, we all  make them, the only people who don't are people who do nothing and take no responsibility for anything.

I would imagine how far he has set himself back, especially when he sees an 18 year old youngster grabbing headlines for Man Utd in Europe. Time he can never get back!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 09:14:45 PM by The Black Pearl »
Baggie in Southampton

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7278 on: February 26, 2016, 09:01:55 PM »
People slated him for what he said and wanted an apology, he has apologised and people are still complaining? lol WOW our 'fans' really are immature and dumb no wonder where the laughing stock with what other fans see as a 'Sh*t fanbase', the majority will find any reason and excuse to complain about the club they claim to love.

Me personally, I couldn't give a toss what hes done or said or if he said sorry or not, i dont pay his wages so it dont affect me, BUT if he's a west brom striker i expect goals... and hes our only player that can find the net (bare in mind hes cost us F ALL compared to ideye and rondon) so thats good enough for me.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #7279 on: February 26, 2016, 09:03:04 PM »
"Don't tell me , show me " .
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7280 on: February 26, 2016, 09:21:01 PM »
The reporter didn't hold back at all, brilliant! Will probably be warned to stick to the mundane question list only in future by her superiors  :P

Agreed hopefully she can interview TP after games.
the regime don't like it man

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7281 on: February 26, 2016, 10:29:45 PM »
People slated him for what he said and wanted an apology, he has apologised and people are still complaining? lol WOW our 'fans' really are immature and dumb no wonder where the laughing stock with what other fans see as a 'Sh*t fanbase', the majority will find any reason and excuse to complain about the club they claim to love.

Me personally, I couldn't give a toss what hes done or said or if he said sorry or not, i dont pay his wages so it dont affect me, BUT if he's a west brom striker i expect goals... and hes our only player that can find the net (bare in mind hes cost us F ALL compared to ideye and rondon) so thats good enough for me.
I didn't,don't want an apology,as i said in my previous post i couldn't care less, he doesn't mean it anyway he will do anything to smooth things over so he can get his move. I for one can't wait for that day. Oh and by the way i am neither immature or dumb!! It's called having an opinion

gavinrussell

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7282 on: February 26, 2016, 10:44:10 PM »
Agreed hopefully she can interview TP after games.
Hope she replaces the usual after match sycophant. ..about time someone asked TP questions that are not scripted..

Barrington

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7283 on: February 26, 2016, 10:56:37 PM »
I didn't,don't want an apology,as i said in my previous post i couldn't care less

Just an observation, but if "you couldn't care less", why are you on almost every single page of anything discussing Berahino berating him in the same way every time. I don't post too often but whenever I check any threads about Berahino I know I will not have to scroll far to find your name and a rant with exclamation marks about him which seems like you're about to have a coronary. You post about him that often that I would be truly shocked to not see you commenting on him whenever I open a thread about him. I think most people are aware of your dislike of him, I really feel that you don't need to keep repeating yourself over and over again, we've got the message. But, hey ho, it's your opinion and free speech and all that malarkey so just crack on because who am I to tell you what to do etc etc. Have a nice evening :)

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7284 on: February 26, 2016, 11:22:06 PM »
Took him long enough.  I'm not convinced though.  He needs to up his game and show that he is sorry by putting in committed performances.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7285 on: February 27, 2016, 12:06:36 AM »
Just an observation, but if "you couldn't care less", why are you on almost every single page of anything discussing Berahino berating him in the same way every time. I don't post too often but whenever I check any threads about Berahino I know I will not have to scroll far to find your name and a rant with exclamation marks about him which seems like you're about to have a coronary. You post about him that often that I would be truly shocked to not see you commenting on him whenever I open a thread about him. I think most people are aware of your dislike of him, I really feel that you don't need to keep repeating yourself over and over again, we've got the message. But, hey ho, it's your opinion and free speech and all that malarkey so just crack on because who am I to tell you what to do etc etc. Have a nice evening :)
I get wound up because people don't or don't want to accept he doesn't want to he here and if jp and allowed him to leave he would be gone. I really can't see why people want to forgive him, he as made his feelings clear how he feels about the chairman the fans and the club, now some of you might be able to forget but i won't. I also think that he as made the dressing room unhappy with is antics and we would have been better off letting him go. I am not on my own in this thinking either, at the end if the day i have been going to the Albion long before him and god willing will be going long after he as gone.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7286 on: February 27, 2016, 08:46:39 AM »
I think fans are entitled to be a little cynical about the apology and it's timing. Does it mark a turning point in Saido's career? Possibly but I think that career is unlikely to be at the Albion. I would love to have a fit and firing Saido working with a coach who could get the best out of him, but sadly that seems unlikely.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7287 on: February 27, 2016, 08:49:55 AM »
Looks like an advertising/marketing video to me!
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7288 on: February 27, 2016, 08:50:19 AM »
I didn't,don't want an apology,as i said in my previous post i couldn't care less, he doesn't mean it anyway he will do anything to smooth things over so he can get his move. I for one can't wait for that day. Oh and by the way i am neither immature or dumb!! It's called having an opinion

how do you know? as he told you this? or is it just your 'opinion' that your trying to turn into a fact?

you've never said something you regret? you've never apologised and said something you didn't mean?

like he said... hes human and made mistakes, im sure you have too that doesn't mean everyone has to hate you,

'just my opinion' btw.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7289 on: February 27, 2016, 09:28:35 AM »
I don't really give a toss if he means this apology or how long its taken him to make one. I just want him to do what he should have from the start by getting his head down and performing on the pitch.

socalbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7290 on: February 27, 2016, 09:32:27 AM »
I'm genuinely surprised with the reaction of so many when it comes to Saido's "apology". Being so concerned on the timing of it, whether it was genuine and if it is or is not too late to even bother apologizing. Without a doubt the guy has acted like a selfish, immature spoiled brat with a real bad attitude. Of course as a fan seeing him act this way has been frustrating and it has cost us points. However, I could care less if he apologizes as it's just words from a pro athlete I don't know personally. What I do care about is him scoring goals and if that starts happening all I gotta say is it's better late than never. He has had an attitude problem most of the season, hasn't played  consistently, has looked uninterested but is our joint top goalscorer having played a fraction of the minutes that Rondon has played so call me shallow but I can look past his faults and off field mistakes because he is without a doubt our best goal scorer and we need him. A bad attitude Berahino will get us more goals than a hard working, likable Rondon!!

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7291 on: February 27, 2016, 09:35:17 AM »
It seems the modern footballer isn't overly bothered who he plays for so long as he receives his paycheck at the end of the day. Don't kid yourself that any of our squad are any different to Saido. Some are just a bit longer in the tooth and more media savvy. (Our head coach being a great example of this judging by the interview on his thread).

I take everything I hear that comes directly from the club with huge dollops of salt.
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7292 on: February 27, 2016, 09:42:19 AM »
It seems the modern footballer isn't overly bothered who he plays for so long as he receives his paycheck at the end of the day. Don't kid yourself that any of our squad are any different to Saido. Some are just a bit longer in the tooth and more media savvy. (Our head coach being a great example of this judging by the interview on his thread).

I take everything I hear that comes directly from the club with huge dollops of salt.

Probably the most accurate opinion on here, some people are just like you say a bit more savvy and wiser, berahino is the one who wants to move onto better things and has gone about it the wrong way however I wish we had 10 more players like that and a manager who wants to achieve something in there careers, rather than journeymen and plodders.

swad35

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7293 on: February 27, 2016, 09:48:36 AM »
Not sure myself, doesn't really need to apologise, I mean he is probably out of here at the end of the season, his put up with stick before, most fans have just accepted his behaviour as being the actions of a modern day footballer and that he is going anyway, he could have just bided his time.

The only reason I can see the point of him apologising is that he his genuinely sorry or a marketing tool to his future club to let them know he has "grown up" and not as big a risk to squad harmony. I suspect the tool.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7294 on: February 27, 2016, 10:21:55 AM »
O.K then Saido, now get on with it..........
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7295 on: February 27, 2016, 10:45:31 AM »
Really not bothered one way or the other about him, but that's a shame because I used to have so much admiration for him.

I just want him to score for us as much as possible now to the end of the season. Then if he does I genuinely wish him well whatever he does.

Just bear in mind all those 'get out of our club' folks, we'd be six goals the poorer right now, we're starving here and sadly beggars can't be choosers.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7296 on: February 27, 2016, 03:04:07 PM »
Really not bothered one way or the other about him, but that's a shame because I used to have so much admiration for him.

I just want him to score for us as much as possible now to the end of the season. Then if he does I genuinely wish him well whatever he does.

Just bear in mind all those 'get out of our club' folks, we'd be six goals the poorer right now, we're starving here and sadly beggars can't be choosers.

Yup, not much he can do about the season gone, he still has a lot of games to sign off in our good books.  Just a shame that we didn't have him firing on all cylinders this season, I can imagine we'd have quite a few extra goals and if we'd had Foster in, we'd probably have conceded less too.

Webby

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7297 on: February 27, 2016, 07:54:49 PM »
If you want 60K a week and a top 6 team then do that for 11 more games Saido.

Pennies dropped
Love, Live, Life, and I'm dead. - "Weezy F. Baby"

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7298 on: February 27, 2016, 07:59:54 PM »
If you want 60K a week and a top 6 team then do that for 11 more games Saido.

Pennies dropped

Spot on.  Do that for rest of the season and the world's his oyster.

Not just his attacking performance which was impressive. Did his defensive work extremely well in linking the play.  Showed a lot of game awareness

Baggieman1805

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7299 on: February 27, 2016, 08:28:11 PM »
Brilliant performance today Saido
Carry that on for the rest of the season and we will have either

a - A very good PL striker next season

or

b - An even healthier bank balance