Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556672 times)

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #6525 on: January 31, 2016, 09:56:31 AM »
We have a goal scorer already, what we are lacking is a supplier to feed the goal scorer. If we bring someone in that can get regular quality crosses into the box, Rondon will score plenty.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6526 on: January 31, 2016, 09:58:04 AM »
Given that one of JPs reasons in the summer was the lateness not allowing to get in replacements, it should be moving forward today if its going to happen, you'd have thought?

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6527 on: January 31, 2016, 10:09:08 AM »
No good if we don't get an adequate replacement in !  Phillips can be useful addition but we would still a GOAL SCORER if he went !

Am sure we will have some striker options well advanced.   After seeing Lambert yesterday there's no way JP will not get a replacement in.  My money would be on Walters.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6528 on: January 31, 2016, 10:15:16 AM »
If we don't recieve any bids today. We need to offer him a new deal and try and give him some motivation to pull on the shirt. He's our top scorer and has barely played. We don't have a good enough supply line to make goals for rondon. Berahino makes his own goals and is better finisher (except headers)
O Albion we love you

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6529 on: January 31, 2016, 10:26:20 AM »
I think he will be going to be honest. Peace isn't stupid, he will take what is available at the last minute to avoid further depreciation of his prize asset. I have no hard feelings towards Saido either, a lot of us were nobheads when we were his age. He is only human.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #6530 on: January 31, 2016, 10:39:25 AM »
If we don't recieve any bids today. We need to offer him a new deal and try and give him some motivation to pull on the shirt. He's our top scorer and has barely played. We don't have a good enough supply line to make goals for rondon. Berahino makes his own goals and is better finisher (except headers)
If he doesn't go, I like what you are saying.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6531 on: January 31, 2016, 11:45:28 AM »
For me he should stay, only guy we have that actually looks like scoring, when he put the 2 in yesterday nobody chanted "oh but you were 10 minutes late for training"?
I'm not defending poor behaviour, man management is difficult..but that's the bloody job.

Also people taking as if Saido is the only saleable asset to free of funds for Phillips , not true Chester, foster, Myhill , mcmananman , sess (I'd be angry), rondon (although we would take a hit) or........fletcher/Gardner/yacob now that we have Sandro and potentially Evans ..".or even vic.

There are options
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6532 on: January 31, 2016, 11:50:02 AM »
For me he should stay, only guy we have that actually looks like scoring, when he put the 2 in yesterday nobody chanted "oh but you were 10 minutes late for training"?
I'm not defending poor behaviour, man management is difficult..but that's the bloody job.

Also people taking as if Saido is the only saleable asset to free of funds for Phillips , not true Chester, foster, Myhill , mcmananman , sess (I'd be angry), rondon (although we would take a hit) or........fletcher/Gardner/yacob now that we have Sandro and potentially Evans ..".or even vic.

There are options

Foster or Myhill can't be sold as we've loaned out

McManaman can't be sold - is injured and out for 6 weeks

Chester, Poc, Gamboa, Lambert, Anichebe, Gardner are  all realistic if acceptable bids received by tomorrow night. 

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6533 on: January 31, 2016, 11:54:35 AM »
Foster or Myhill can't be sold as we've loaned out

McManaman can't be sold - is injured and out for 6 weeks

Chester, Poc, Gamboa, Lambert, Anichebe, Gardner are  all realistic if acceptable bids received by tomorrow night.

Gardner won't be sold or nor should he. He covers too many positions and works his bwillicks off. He gets too much stick from supporters in my opinion basically because he gets played out wide and doesn't offer the skillset that us supporters want from a wide player but he does a job and actually has been decent when played centrally. No world beater but a reliable backup with a very good attitude.

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6534 on: January 31, 2016, 11:55:05 AM »
Roma striker Doumbia is having a medical at Newcastle, which suggests any move there for Berahino must be very doubtful. Newcastle have also supposed to have bid for Swansea's Gomis.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6535 on: January 31, 2016, 11:59:53 AM »
Roma striker Doumbia is having a medical at Newcastle, which suggests any move there for Berahino must be very doubtful. Newcastle have also supposed to have bid for Swansea's Gomis.
shouldn't be sold to toon keep him til summer he's goals should keep us up

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6536 on: January 31, 2016, 12:09:21 PM »
I think he will be going to be honest. Peace isn't stupid, he will take what is available at the last minute to avoid further depreciation of his prize asset. I have no hard feelings towards Saido either, a lot of us were nobheads when we were his age. He is only human.

I agree, but I am starting to question who the sale of Saido would be good for. From memory we were going to offer Saido a new deal until he got into a bit of bother with the law. So I am guessing he is still on about £15,000 a week, which isn't much for a player of his quality. For all his faults he showed what he could do yesterday. So we want the money to go and buy more players? Why don't we just make him the biggest wage earner and 'motivate' him?

Whilst I am fed up with him, I know there is an excellent footballer there somewhere. All he has to do is bang a few in and his profile will go through the roof.
MAGA!

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #6537 on: January 31, 2016, 12:18:45 PM »
Pinched from another site....

'NEWCASTLE TO BID HIGH FOR BERAHINO'

Newcastle are prepared to outbid Tottenham to land Saido Berahino, according to Sunday Express journalist John Richardson.

Richardson understands Newcastle are willing to pay upwards of £20m to secure his services because they see Berahino as a man who can push them up the Premier League table.

Speaking on the Sunday Supplement, Richardson said: "They (Newcastle) are desperate for somebody who can put the ball in the back of the net.

"They've signed some good players but they haven't got a natural goalscorer. (Aleksandar) Mitrovic seems a decent player but he's not a natural goalscorer and could be better as an impact player

"They're desperate for someone like Berahino and for once, to be fair to Mike Ashley, he's pushing the boat out. He is saying: 'Whatever it costs, we will try and get him'. He spent big in the summer and again he's spent big in January, more than any other club, and they're making up for lost time.”

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6538 on: January 31, 2016, 12:20:19 PM »
Pinched from another site....

'NEWCASTLE TO BID HIGH FOR BERAHINO'

Newcastle are prepared to outbid Tottenham to land Saido Berahino, according to Sunday Express journalist John Richardson.

Richardson understands Newcastle are willing to pay upwards of £20m to secure his services because they see Berahino as a man who can push them up the Premier League table.

Speaking on the Sunday Supplement, Richardson said: "They (Newcastle) are desperate for somebody who can put the ball in the back of the net.

"They've signed some good players but they haven't got a natural goalscorer. (Aleksandar) Mitrovic seems a decent player but he's not a natural goalscorer and could be better as an impact player

"They're desperate for someone like Berahino and for once, to be fair to Mike Ashley, he's pushing the boat out. He is saying: 'Whatever it costs, we will try and get him'. He spent big in the summer and again he's spent big in January, more than any other club, and they're making up for lost time.”

That article was from before they signed Doumbia this morning

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6539 on: January 31, 2016, 12:23:45 PM »
I think Chris Martin needs us and we need him. He would be rubbish anywhere else IMO and literally whenever he has a half good game we are immense. He has to be a lone striker. Imagine if he went in to say a Wolves side that played 4-4-2, he would be rubbish and get 10 a season. He gets the service from our very good quality side and I think a lot of 'lumps' who hold the ball up would get 15 a season in that position with our squad.

Sorry mate, another quote. No go at any cost as far as I'm concerned.
And if you read through our forum you'll find comments about how talented Luke Moore is or how good Pepe Mel, Alan Irvine,  Tony Pulis is. Just because someone writes it on the internet doesn't make it accurate.
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6540 on: January 31, 2016, 12:23:58 PM »
I agree, but I am starting to question who the sale of Saido would be good for. From memory we were going to offer Saido a new deal until he got into a bit of bother with the law. So I am guessing he is still on about £15,000 a week, which isn't much for a player of his quality. For all his faults he showed what he could do yesterday. So we want the money to go and buy more players? Why don't we just make him the biggest wage earner and 'motivate' him?

Whilst I am fed up with him, I know there is an excellent footballer there somewhere. All he has to do is bang a few in and his profile will go through the roof.

So if we give him a new contract at £60k a week and a buy-out price clause where does it leave us if he carries on behaving like a pr*ck?  I'd like to think that such a contract would motivate him but I fear that too much has happened for it to work.

It would also mean no funds to fix the gaping holes in our squad unless we can offload Chester and one or two others.  The timing of Macca's injury is most unfortunate as we could definitely have sold him

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #6541 on: January 31, 2016, 12:29:48 PM »
And if you read through our forum you'll find comments about how talented Luke Moore is or how good Pepe Mel, Alan Irvine,  Tony Pulis is. Just because someone writes it on the internet doesn't make it accurate.

They were both assessments of his general play from people who watch him week in week out.

Specifically they applied to how he'd be used here if signed.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6542 on: January 31, 2016, 12:33:01 PM »
They were both assessments of his general play from people who watch him week in week out.

Specifically they applied to how he'd be used here if signed.

Maybe they just don't want to see him go!

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #6543 on: January 31, 2016, 12:55:39 PM »
How much does he think he is worth, now that Man Utd are thinking of trying for Lukaku at £65 million?

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #6544 on: January 31, 2016, 01:00:30 PM »
Newcastle United transfer news: Seydou Doumbia to sign from Roma – Berahino to follow? goo.gl/fb/wZsqr3

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6545 on: January 31, 2016, 01:02:18 PM »
How much does he think he is worth, now that Man Utd are thinking of trying for Lukaku at £65 million?

Minimum £35m to £40m if he's fit, playing and scoring regularly in the PL.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6546 on: January 31, 2016, 01:04:48 PM »
Newcastle United transfer news: Seydou Doumbia to sign from Roma – Berahino to follow? goo.gl/fb/wZsqr3

Behind the times - Doumbia deal already done this morning. They want Berahino or Gomis but are sure that Peace won't sell to them

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6548 on: January 31, 2016, 01:38:00 PM »
So if we give him a new contract at £60k a week and a buy-out price clause where does it leave us if he carries on behaving like a pr*ck?  I'd like to think that such a contract would motivate him but I fear that too much has happened for it to work.

It would also mean no funds to fix the gaping holes in our squad unless we can offload Chester and one or two others.  The timing of Macca's injury is most unfortunate as we could definitely have sold him

We can put a 'dont be a prick' clause in there somewhere! I take your point but we have potential relegation rivals bidding for our best player which cannot be right.........if he goes, who else is going to score? We had the lot on the pitch yesterday and SB is the only one who knows where the goal is.n
MAGA!

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #6549 on: January 31, 2016, 03:06:59 PM »
toon have bid 21m upfront . breaking news on ssn