Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556863 times)

BB74

• Senior Baggie

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #5675 on: December 07, 2015, 10:47:29 PM »
Why do some still idolise him? I'm baffled.

PepeMel

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5676 on: December 07, 2015, 11:27:18 PM »
Agreed which is why we should have taken the money even with the staged deal Spuds offered. I think it was pretty obvious how things were going to pan out if he stayed.

That staged deal was laughable from a wealthy premier league club

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5677 on: December 08, 2015, 12:22:01 AM »
I am with you on that one!!

wappingbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5678 on: December 08, 2015, 12:35:44 AM »
what do you reckon his transfer value is now?, what with his lacklustre form so far this season, not playing (even as a sub) and his contract rolling down.

somewhere in the 10-15 mio range from someone who is desperate AND who thinks they can sprinkle magic dust over him to get him back to scoring form.

There is NO WAY a top 6 club is going to be interested in him.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #5679 on: December 08, 2015, 12:48:28 AM »
We won't sell for less than £25 million.

January is when clubs are desperate and they saw how little we needed to sell him by our stance on deadline day.

I've got no doubt Pulis wants to sell but Peace will not consider a lower bid than he turned down 3 months ago.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #5680 on: December 08, 2015, 06:12:05 AM »

January is when clubs are desperate and they saw how little we needed to sell him by our stance on deadline day.

I've got no doubt Pulis wants to sell but Peace will not consider a lower bid than he turned down 3 months ago.

I think he'd rather do that than loose him for nothing next year
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #5681 on: December 08, 2015, 06:14:28 AM »

That staged deal was laughable from a wealthy premier league club

It's they who will be laughing. They won't be paying anywhere near the origional asking price IMO.

sing on our own

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5682 on: December 08, 2015, 07:03:25 AM »
Due to his age he can't leave on a free even when his contract expires, it will be a similar scenario as Danny Ings where Burnley will get a hefty 'development' fee despite him leaving on a free.

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5683 on: December 08, 2015, 09:01:56 AM »
Due to his age he can't leave on a free even when his contract expires, it will be a similar scenario as Danny Ings where Burnley will get a hefty 'development' fee despite him leaving on a free.

Absolutely correct. If reports are to be believed, Spurs offered us around £20 million (even if it was all heavy add on's) so we can prove his market value and he scored 14 premier league goals last year so he can also be compared to those at that age with a similar goal scoring record.

Media reports are suggesting Danny Inngs will go for around £10 million.
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5684 on: December 08, 2015, 09:21:25 AM »

I see a young man who is trying his best to overcome his personal troubles and has made mistakes along the way. From his own twitter account after the spurs game:

Great team spirit from the lads today, best display of football at home this season so far. #OnToTheNextOne #boingboing #Godwin

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5685 on: December 08, 2015, 09:24:10 AM »
Absolutely correct. If reports are to be believed, Spurs offered us around £20 million (even if it was all heavy add on's) so we can prove his market value and he scored 14 premier league goals last year so he can also be compared to those at that age with a similar goal scoring record.

Media reports are suggesting Danny Inngs will go for around £10 million.

The only problem is if he continues not to feature much for the next 18 months the tribunal will look at him as a mid table squad player rather a regular starter who is scoring goals for fun and you can forget £10m. It really is not in our best interests to let this drag on unless he is in the team and playing well.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

AshD

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5686 on: December 08, 2015, 09:35:01 AM »
I see a young man who is trying his best to overcome his personal troubles and has made mistakes along the way. From his own twitter account after the spurs game:

Great team spirit from the lads today, best display of football at home this season so far. #OnToTheNextOne #boingboing #Godwin

He also came out gushing about how he was grateful to be allowed to play in the Under 21s last night...

Call me cynical, but could it be he is trying to improve his public image to help seal a move away in January? He has rarely come out with such tweets before!

I'm afraid I have no confidence in him to be sincere or genuine - maybe he will change, and for his own sake I hope he does, but from his past antics, I can't believe that he has all of a sudden turned over a new leaf!

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5687 on: December 08, 2015, 09:43:36 AM »
He also came out gushing about how he was grateful to be allowed to play in the Under 21s last night...

Call me cynical, but could it be he is trying to improve his public image to help seal a move away in January? He has rarely come out with such tweets before!

I'm afraid I have no confidence in him to be sincere or genuine - maybe he will change, and for his own sake I hope he does, but from his past antics, I can't believe that he has all of a sudden turned over a new leaf!

In all seriousness that's exactly what he needs to do genuine or not he needs to show that he has a learning side to him.

AshD

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5688 on: December 08, 2015, 09:51:10 AM »
In all seriousness that's exactly what he needs to do genuine or not he needs to show that he has a learning side to him.

That is true, and if the penny has finally dropped for him, fair play...but it would take a lot more than a few tweets for me to change my opinion of him!

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5689 on: December 08, 2015, 09:59:43 AM »
He scored for the under 21's in a 2-1 defeat.
Happy to give him the benefit of the doubt and hope that these tweets are a genuine attempt to re-build bridges. I'm far to long in the tooth not to err on the side of caution though. If he is still here in February, and happy to be so, then that will be the true test.

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5690 on: December 08, 2015, 10:04:16 AM »
His couldn't care less attitude, shown by his lack of effort when he has played, his weight gain, his non appearance when the subs warm up at half time etc, is I think because he believes that he is just treading water until a big club comes and rescues him in January. He seems to believe the talk of Chelsea, Man Utd etc nonsense in the papers. However, it seems clear to me that this ain't going to happen, either because the bids don't meet our valuation or because other clubs will be put off by his attitude. Then what happens? Personally, I don't give a monkeys if he wants to earn £15k a week for the next 18 months and then signs for some Championship club on a free, which is what I can see happening unless Saido changes his ways very quickly.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #5691 on: December 08, 2015, 10:09:43 AM »

Your Cynical.  ;D

So am I.
I think its better that we ship him out, re-invest the money and move on.

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5692 on: December 08, 2015, 10:12:32 AM »

Not cynical at all, let his football do the talking anything else is just words. He got his head down and scored in an U21 game that's a start. I would go as far to suggest Berahino should look to McLean who has also been controversial but has let his football do the talking and the fans are warming to him. Especially now we can see his fiery nature on the pitch not just off it.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5693 on: December 08, 2015, 11:03:19 AM »
If is a very long two lettered word.

If he switches on.
If he gets his head down.
If he can be arsed.
If he tries.
If he scores.
If he signs a new deal.
If he retains his value.
If he is sold.

If is often the prefix for three other words…… if - only he had.
If only he had switched on…………
If only he had got his head down………. etc.

I am still a huge fan of this lad’s current talent and believe in his future potential.
Sadly I can see it all ending in tears for both him and us.
Such a pity.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5694 on: December 08, 2015, 11:07:23 AM »
If is a very long two lettered word.

If he switches on.
If he gets his head down.
If he can be arsed.
If he tries.
If he scores.
If he signs a new deal.
If he retains his value.
If he is sold.

If is often the prefix for three other words…… if - only he had.
If only he had switched on…………
If only he had got his head down………. etc.

I am still a huge fan of this lad’s current talent and believe in his future potential.
Sadly I can see it all ending in tears for both him and us.
Such a pity.

I have wondered whether he might move sideways to a lower league premiership club, he's a good player if you can get him on side.

tylerm

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5695 on: December 08, 2015, 11:43:39 AM »
I have 2 theories as to why he is not being played
1.A deal is done with someone
2.We don't want to play him as other suitors may realize that he is not as good as he thinks he is
Either way he needs to be gone in January

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #5696 on: December 08, 2015, 11:51:57 AM »
I have 2 theories as to why he is not being played
1.A deal is done with someone
2.We don't want to play him as other suitors may realize that he is not as good as he thinks he is
Either way he needs to be gone in January

or maybe it's because he's done nothing to justify selection.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

koren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5697 on: December 08, 2015, 11:55:08 AM »
Saido Berahino ‏@SBerahino  15 hours ago
Was great for me to be allowed to play u21s and get 90minutes under my belt tonight, sad there unbeaten run has ended though!!

Looked like that he was happy to play.
The PRIDE of midlands

hunsletbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5698 on: December 08, 2015, 12:23:46 PM »

Wouldn't count on it we have seen what a pigs ear Peace made of the Wingie transfer QPR offered 3 million turned it down 6 months later we accept 2.5 million from Cardiff and how many appearances did he make in that 6 months 2 was it plus his wages we were paying.Peace is stubborn and not as clever as some make out.

AshD

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5699 on: December 08, 2015, 12:24:37 PM »
Saido Berahino ‏@SBerahino  15 hours ago
Was great for me to be allowed to play u21s and get 90minutes under my belt tonight, sad there unbeaten run has ended though!!

Looked like that he was happy to play.

If he isn't matchfit, its not going to help his chances of a move in January. I'm afraid I can't see past ulterior motives for him tweeting!!!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 12:26:48 PM by AshD »