Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556743 times)

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #4950 on: September 03, 2015, 11:04:00 PM »
The best sentence in that report....

It was the sort of picture that most people wish was of themselves, including footballers, but it was also the sort of picture that a lot of people, including footballers, take one look at and say to themselves: “What a big time cock.”

;D
more like small time prick

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4951 on: September 03, 2015, 11:28:00 PM »
I was fortunate enough to meet Ben Foster when he visited my workplace today. When I enquired about his opinion on Saido, his reply was extremely negative, and he stated it would've been better if he had just 'knuckled down'. So there's at least one team mate not best pleased about him. :D
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

garry

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #4952 on: September 04, 2015, 12:05:45 AM »
He needs to ask himself just one question: Do I want to have any chance of playing for England next year in Euro 2016?

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4953 on: September 04, 2015, 05:28:54 AM »
I don't think he's even considered it. More than likely, he's probably too upset about missing out on the mega bucks that Spurs were going to pay him.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4954 on: September 04, 2015, 06:12:32 AM »
I woke up this morning and found that he is still a w@nker! ;D
Baggie in Southampton

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4955 on: September 04, 2015, 06:56:28 AM »
Saido Behrainho owes this football club far more than it owes him. So far in his short career he has not coveted himself well off the field. In stark contrast to someone like Tyrone Mings. Who is proof being a young, wealthy footballer doesn't act as an excuse to act like a brain dead moron.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #4956 on: September 04, 2015, 07:26:15 AM »
I woke up this morning and found that he is still a w@nker! ;D
when you wake up tomorrow you will probably think the same. and you would be correct.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4957 on: September 04, 2015, 07:43:51 AM »
Saido Behrainho owes this football club far more than it owes him. So far in his short career he has not coveted himself well off the field. In stark contrast to someone like Tyrone Mings. Who is proof being a young, wealthy footballer doesn't act as an excuse to act like a brain dead moron.

I agree with you Scooby, but I said this the other day and got some adverse comments back from folk who I suspect don't know the full story of SB.

When he leaves us I think he will turn out to be a 'big time charlie' TBH. Lets just say that I am looking forward to reading his account of recent events in his autobiography his mum will no doubt write........
MAGA!

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4958 on: September 04, 2015, 08:44:23 AM »
Sending "him" on his holidays was a mistake in my opinion he should have been treated no difference to the likes of Stone,Matty phillips,Charlie Austin to name a few who had their dream of more £££££ being sweeped away at the end of the transfer window   

nick_wba

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #4959 on: September 04, 2015, 08:48:28 AM »
I agree with you Scooby, but I said this the other day and got some adverse comments back from folk who I suspect don't know the full story of SB.

When he leaves us I think he will turn out to be a 'big time charlie' TBH. Lets just say that I am looking forward to reading his account of recent events in his autobiography his mum will no doubt write........

I was one of them, and I do know the full SB story, but I still really don't understand why he owes the club?

Yes he came over here from Africa on his own, but it wasn't like the Albion went over to Burundi to play machine gun preacher, scouted a load of kids playing on dirt football pitches, paid for them to fly over to England for a trial and gave a few of them contracts. He had already moved to Birmingham, he was already playing kids Sunday League football, he already had a home and a life in Birmingham the time he joined the academy - he would have been treated no differently to any other young kid trying to make it. If he wasn't good enough, he would have been thrown off the conveyor-belt just like any other kid without any regard for where he came from. Why does he owe us? This is all getting completely ridiculous.

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4960 on: September 04, 2015, 08:49:41 AM »
Sending "him" on his holidays was a mistake in my opinion he should have been treated no difference to the likes of Stone,Matty phillips,Charlie Austin to name a few who had their dream of more £££££ being sweeped away at the end of the transfer window

Phillips & Austin have never actually asked to leave QPR. Unlike Berahino & Stones.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4961 on: September 04, 2015, 08:54:15 AM »

If it hadn't been international week, I don't think TP would have given him leave. I just don't think he wanted Berahino around during a less busy period.
I still think Berahino's angling for the sack, I think he'll be told in no uncertain terms on Monday, that's not going to happen. He will be allowed to leave, possibly in January, but on JP & TP's terms.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4962 on: September 04, 2015, 08:55:17 AM »
Then we will have to beg to differ Nick, I get your point about picking him from a sunday league team etc, and had he been no good he would have been discarded, but after the support and training he has received in his 11 years with us, I think he could and should have been a lot more respectful about the club in the press.

We all know what a talent he is and we all know he is destined for bigger and better things, and until recently I suspect that the majority of us were fully behind him, but not any more.....
MAGA!

wappingbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4963 on: September 04, 2015, 09:06:02 AM »
Is he even that good???   Dont you think him scoring 20 last year was just one of those weird statistical aberrations that happens sometimes?  I dont think he would have scored 10 goals this year, either with spurs or us. His all round play is nothing special

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4964 on: September 04, 2015, 09:10:05 AM »
Phillips & Austin have never actually asked to leave QPR. Unlike Berahino & Stones.
dont believe these were genuine transfer requests more being told to ask so they wouldnt be entitled directly to their 5% of the fee thus reducing the club wanting to buys costs in real terms allowing them to compensate the players at a later dat.e
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4965 on: September 04, 2015, 09:17:58 AM »
dont believe these were genuine transfer requests more being told to ask so they wouldnt be entitled directly to their 5% of the fee thus reducing the club wanting to buys costs in real terms allowing them to compensate the players at a later dat.e

I agree but they acted like pro's when their moves didn't materialize was the point i was trying to make  :-[ sorry for not making that clear
Don't know if i have now.

harrowbaggie

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #4966 on: September 04, 2015, 09:39:42 AM »
looks like the boy has finally removed the offensive tweets !!

https://twitter.com/SBerahino

sammyg

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4967 on: September 04, 2015, 09:42:08 AM »
He's got some making up to do, hat trick against villa , an apology, and plenty of goals , then he gets his move in January.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4968 on: September 04, 2015, 09:42:43 AM »
Is he even that good???   Dont you think him scoring 20 last year was just one of those weird statistical aberrations that happens sometimes?  I dont think he would have scored 10 goals this year, either with spurs or us. His all round play is nothing special

He actually only scored 14 in the PL, the other 6 were in the cup and that included 4 against Gatershead that he famously did not celebrate.

However, I can think of a few goals he has taken under pressure, particularly against Man U where his class shines through... personal opinion only. Like a lot of our strikers really, with the correct service he could have scored a lot more........ 

Needs a slap though... where's Mozza when you need him?? 
MAGA!

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4969 on: September 04, 2015, 09:44:35 AM »
Good article from the secret footballer which offers an interesting insight into the saga quite long so I won't post it in it's entirety.

http://www.thesecretfootballer.com/articles/the-secret-footballer/28015/can-peace-break-out-in-big-time-saido-berahino-saga/

An interesting view is that Pulis wanted shot of him at £23m but Peace vetoed it. From what we now know that only £5m of that was guaranteed we could hardly spend,  the other £18m that was performance related given that our current Head Coach doesn't trust the player's temperament.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4970 on: September 04, 2015, 10:04:34 AM »
I wonder if the full details of the offer will ever be leaked out to the public.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4971 on: September 04, 2015, 11:07:54 AM »
Just my opinion.
To those who question his temperament I fully understand where you are coming from.
To those who question his talent I still say he is quality.

Saido Berahino has not said that the support base is full of w@nkers. He has voiced his frustrations very immaturely via the medium of social media. However, having stated that he has been immature I personally believe there has been a massive over reaction to his Tweets, especially the one from yesterday. Hopefully there will be an apology to both the club and supporters now that he has removed said Tweets, although in all honesty this would carry no weight with many.

The kid appears to have two major talents in life. Getting up people’s noses and playing football. Hopefully he can give the Vic’s stick a rest to allow the talent which I would dearly love to see come to its fruition at the Albion a chance to do the talking.

F(kin’ man up Saido, stop acting the tw@t and resume your career with some semblance of humility towards your employer and those who cherish the club and the game’s traditions.

Ball’s in your court as far as I am concerned chap, what’re you going to do with it?
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

charliemike

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4972 on: September 04, 2015, 11:14:27 AM »
We all know that we are all waiting for this spoiled twonk to be out the way .unfortunately he knows he will have to come back in the team . Prospects of getting him out the way will only bear fruit if he is playing . Players that are potential millionaires don't need to accept punishment do they?.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #4973 on: September 04, 2015, 11:22:18 AM »
I hope that Rondon performs to his max, and SB is basically surplus to requirements.

Rondon with Lambert (who I personally do not rate) & Vic as support should be good enough IF we are able to get the ball to them in the right manner.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4974 on: September 04, 2015, 11:32:48 AM »
I hope that Rondon performs to his max, and SB is basically surplus to requirements.

Rondon with Lambert (who I personally do not rate) & Vic as support should be good enough IF we are able to get the ball to them in the right manner.

Agree with you on that. I have a bit of sympathy with Lambert because to me he is an out and out No9 and I think he is being asked to perform a role that he is not comfortable with. He will score for sure....... 
MAGA!