Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556661 times)

Nathan

• Youth Baggie

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #2200 on: February 01, 2015, 12:01:41 PM »
Without the passionate fans, good and bad elements, we have NOTHING as a club............end up like Fulhams' uncommitted 'neutrals end'.

Exactly, The Hawthorns needs to be even more passionate, vocal and intimidating like I've said in another thread on here yesterday. Players might begin to get the message then. I don't know how these supporters moaning about fans shouting abuse coped when there was a REAL atmosphere at football grounds!

Baggie Boy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2201 on: February 01, 2015, 12:02:54 PM »
To be fair it wasn't just one fan, as I was sat right in front of this argument there were at least 20 or 30 swearing and abusing him. It's absolutely ridiculous, people wonder why he gets moody or doesn't seem to be enjoying himself but how would a fan like it if 20 or 30 people came into their place of work and started abusing them.

Nathan

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2202 on: February 01, 2015, 12:04:37 PM »
I didn't say he had debated with anyone on there at all but why should he keep off ?

He has the same right to go on there as anyone but howwould you feel if you keep getting notifications from fans abusing you, some of the comments lately have been a disgrace.

For 15 grand a week, soon to be probably more double that, I think I might just about be able to put up with it  8)

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #2203 on: February 01, 2015, 12:07:22 PM »
For 15 grand a week, soon to be probably more double that, I think I might just about be able to put up with it  8)

I could put up with it, i'm a 45 year old bloke though used to getting grief, water off a ducks back to me and I guess you as you seem the same age or so but he's a kid learning his trade and having had a frustrating few weeks by the look of it.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Baggie Boy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2204 on: February 01, 2015, 12:07:37 PM »

He gets paid to play football, not get abused.

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2205 on: February 01, 2015, 12:09:52 PM »
And you think this is any different anywhere else do you?? It's a bloody football ground, not an effing theatre with everyone giving a polite round of applause when the show finishes. Did you go to football in the eighties when there was REAL fights and abuse? It's laughable that this is what you think it is like at the Hawthorns now. Football has ALWAYS been tribal and passionate. There is less abuse of players now than at any time in the last 32 years that I've been watching the Albion. As for saying there is no humour and no respect amongst the Albion support?? I seriously don't know where you've been! You haven't been watching the same Albion as I have over the years.

You say all this about it being a football ground and not a theatre and go on about the 80's, yet it offends your sensibilities when a player responds to idiots in the home fans abusing them?

He shouldn't react but its really hard to have any sympathy for the morons who abuse the players needlessly (I mean miscontrolling a ball leading to them swearing at him, really!?) and think it should be a one way street. You pay money to watch a football game. Nowhere on your ticket does it say you get a free pass to do whatever you want.

Aztech

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2206 on: February 01, 2015, 12:10:05 PM »
I could put up with it, i'm a 45 year old bloke though used to getting grief, water off a ducks back to me and I guess you as you seem the same age or so but he's a kid learning his trade and having had a frustrating few weeks by the look of it.

45 year old  :o

One hell of a paper round!  :P
It is not the taking part, but the winning that counts.

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2207 on: February 01, 2015, 12:10:19 PM »
Fans are very cynical these days. I remember Colin West  getting dogs abuse following lacklustre displays with no goals. To abuse your top scorer who came through the youth system from 10yrs old and who is the clubs greatest asset is just weird! It's like people are bitter about their own lives so turn up to matches wanting make our players suffer. We are like Wolves a few years ago!

Nathan

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2208 on: February 01, 2015, 12:11:08 PM »
To be fair it wasn't just one fan, as I was sat right in front of this argument there were at least 20 or 30 swearing and abusing him. It's absolutely ridiculous, people wonder why he gets moody or doesn't seem to be enjoying himself but how would a fan like it if 20 or 30 people came into their place of work and started abusing them.

Oh poor diddums, 20 people shouting naughty words at him. It's hardly full scale abuse is it! I've had abuse at work from customers but I haven't turned to them and told them to f*** themselves or else I would have been out the door with my P45. He is a footballer playing in a football ground for God's sake, what does he expect??!! He isn't at the Vicar's tea party is he.

albionden

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #2209 on: February 01, 2015, 12:13:29 PM »
He gets paid to play football, not get abused.

totally agree mate , as for shocking, what cantona did was shocking , not this !

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #2210 on: February 01, 2015, 12:13:58 PM »
45 year old  :o

One hell of a paper round!  :P

:D Can't all keep our youthful good looks like yourself

Baggie Boy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2211 on: February 01, 2015, 12:17:00 PM »
Oh poor diddums, 20 people shouting naughty words at him. It's hardly full scale abuse is it! I've had abuse at work from customers but I haven't turned to them and told them to f*** themselves or else I would have been out the door with my P45. He is a footballer playing in a football ground for God's sake, what does he expect??!! He isn't at the Vicar's tea party is he.
Maybe not but remember he was most likely frustrated already at the time, as we were losing. If he is already in a bad frame of mind then it wouldn't take too much for him to snap- he is human.

Plus I think you trivialise the 'full scale abuse'. One of the fans three rows back shouted 'I'm going to break your f***ing mums neck'. Now you may reduce that to 'diddums' but I for one would definitely react to that.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2212 on: February 01, 2015, 12:20:48 PM »
One of the fans three rows back shouted 'I'm going to break your f***ing mums neck'. Now you may reduce that to 'diddums' but I for one would definitely react to that.

Seriously? Amazed nobody twatted him.
Wonder why this was not mentioned earlier?
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Nathan

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2213 on: February 01, 2015, 12:23:56 PM »
You say all this about it being a football ground and not a theatre and go on about the 80's, yet it offends your sensibilities when a player responds to idiots in the home fans abusing them?

He shouldn't react but its really hard to have any sympathy for the morons who abuse the players needlessly (I mean miscontrolling a ball leading to them swearing at him, really!?) and think it should be a one way street. You pay money to watch a football game. Nowhere on your ticket does it say you get a free pass to do whatever you want.

No, it doesn't offend my sensibilities whatsoever. All I'm doing is trying to put it in perspective. Football grounds have always been a place where working class blokes can go for a couple of hours on a Saturday to get away from the missus and family for a bit and yes, let off a bit of steam and get passionate about their club. It has happened for 130 odd years. Why should it be now that some people are saying this is wrong?? No wonder atmosphere at football grounds appear to have been lost forever. From the age of 6 since I first went up the match I can remember fans shouting abuse. That's what happens. It's a football match.

Baggie Boy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2214 on: February 01, 2015, 12:25:50 PM »
Seriously? Amazed nobody twatted him.
Wonder why this was not mentioned earlier?

Initially when the ball went out of play that wasn't said, it was just 'f***ing move' and the like, then when he had reacted I heard that being said, whether Berahino heard it or not I don't know, I hope not as it's embarrassing.

I would also like to say that it was the fans who had the last say, after a couple of comments Berahino did ignore the fans, so I think he is being criticised a little too much. As albionden rightly said, Cantona was shocking, not this.

For the record I do think Berahino is sometimes out of order with his actions and I do think he could mature a bit, however I don't attribute any blame to him for yesterday.

Nathan

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2215 on: February 01, 2015, 12:30:10 PM »
Maybe not but remember he was most likely frustrated already at the time, as we were losing. If he is already in a bad frame of mind then it wouldn't take too much for him to snap- he is human.

Plus I think you trivialise the 'full scale abuse'. One of the fans three rows back shouted 'I'm going to break your f***ing mums neck'. Now you may reduce that to 'diddums' but I for one would definitely react to that.

As I said before, I'm speaking as a third party as I wasn't sat in the East Stand so didn't hear it. I had no knowledge of what was actually shouted, all I've been trying to defend is that for a hundred years, fans have shouted abuse at players and that they should rise above it. This abuse on the other hand is obviously a few steps further isn't it and I'm not going to defend that whatsoever. As SmethDan said, if this was said, I'm surprised nobody slapped him.

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2216 on: February 01, 2015, 12:33:13 PM »
No, it doesn't offend my sensibilities whatsoever. All I'm doing is trying to put it in perspective. Football grounds have always been a place where working class blokes can go for a couple of hours on a Saturday to get away from the missus and family for a bit and yes, let off a bit of steam and get passionate about their club. It has happened for 130 odd years. Why should it be now that some people are saying this is wrong?? No wonder atmosphere at football grounds appear to have been lost forever. From the age of 6 since I first went up the match I can remember fans shouting abuse. That's what happens. It's a football match.
Slavery happened for hundreds of years before someone stood up and pointed out it was morally wrong  ;)
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2217 on: February 01, 2015, 12:33:23 PM »
Initially when the ball went out of play that wasn't said, it was just 'f***ing move' and the like, then when he had reacted I heard that being said, whether Berahino heard it or not I don't know, I hope not as it's embarrassing.

I would also like to say that it was the fans who had the last say, after a couple of comments Berahino did ignore the fans, so I think he is being criticised a little too much. As albionden rightly said, Cantona was shocking, not this.

For the record I do think Berahino is sometimes out of order with his actions and I do think he could mature a bit, however I don't attribute any blame to him for yesterday.

Fair play and thanks for explaining in more detail.
Much appreciated, especially as I don't get to hear crowd/player interactions from my eyrie toward the back of the Smeth'.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Baggie Boy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2218 on: February 01, 2015, 12:35:01 PM »
Fair play and thanks for explaining in more detail.
Much appreciated, especially as I don't get to hear crowd/player interactions from my eyrie toward the back of the Smeth'.
No worries, normally I would agree with Nathan that players should try to ignore it, something which Brunt does well to be fair, I just think yesterday was OTT.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #2219 on: February 01, 2015, 12:38:54 PM »
Football supporters - quick enough to dish it out but act so precious when they get a bit back. If you can't take it then don't dish it out.

I feel quite sorry for Saido because he was our only threat in that second half yesterday, effectively having to do it by himself and it still isn't good enough for some supporters.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Baggie Boy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2220 on: February 01, 2015, 12:41:55 PM »
Football supporters - quick enough to dish it out but act so precious when they get a bit back. If you can't take it then don't dish it out.

I feel quite sorry for Saido because he was our only threat in that second half yesterday, effectively having to do it by himself and it still isn't good enough for some supporters.

Here here, my point exactly. I do think there is a difference between complaining about players between fans and having a bit of a moan, that is a right of the paying fan. It is wrong when it progresses to actively abusing players.

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2221 on: February 01, 2015, 12:54:08 PM »
We may as well just cash in on him because he'll never be accepted by a large number of our fans. It seems he can do no right in some peoples eyes. Always looking for the negatives and not what he actually brings to us. He's by far our best player and without him we'd have gone down last season and certainly been bottom of the pile this season. It's no wonder he's giving some back to these so called fans.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2222 on: February 01, 2015, 01:19:29 PM »

Always been like that and it'll never change BUT be careful what you wish for as if you taken the passion out of the ground then you are left with nothing.

Can anyone defend the players for the first half hour we they, collectively deserved and got stick from many of us during a couple of particularly dire passages of play ?  Do we just sit on our hands in silence and not care ?
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2223 on: February 01, 2015, 01:22:39 PM »
I didn't say he had debated with anyone on there at all but why should he keep off ?

He has the same right to go on there as anyone but howwould you feel if you keep getting notifications from fans abusing you, some of the comments lately have been a disgrace.

I'd just block em and carry on counting my dosh, be more interested where my next top of the spec Range Rover gets delivered !

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2224 on: February 01, 2015, 01:26:21 PM »
Exactly, The Hawthorns needs to be even more passionate, vocal and intimidating like I've said in another thread on here yesterday. Players might begin to get the message then. I don't know how these supporters moaning about fans shouting abuse coped when there was a REAL atmosphere at football grounds!

Exactly, some choice language about out collective display from me and those around me drew disapproving looks form the day out, sit on hands types yesterday. Kill what's left of the passion (it's disappearing year by year s it is) and you have a theatre audience and the dear of a club.