Author Topic: Brown Ideye Joins Olympiakos  (Read 338195 times)

Nathan

• Youth Baggie

Re: Brown Ideye Joins Olympiakos
« Reply #1275 on: September 01, 2015, 10:10:21 AM »
Looked like a decent player in Jan/Feb. Scored some cracking goals..Swansea, West Ham in the cup, Stoke but that miss against Villa seemed to really knock his confidence.

Thought he might have kicked on this season, but guess we'll never know.

Good luck in Greece.

Yes, it really did look like he was about to come good during those couple of months. Not forgetting the valuable impact he made at Burnley too. Without his goal and general effort and enthusiasm in that match and the 2nd half turn around, who knows what might have been. The vultures were preparing to land after half hour of that match. I wish him all the best and very sorry it hasn't worked out for him here. Maybe he is one of those blokes who is just too nice for his own good.

baggieboyfred

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1276 on: September 01, 2015, 10:11:11 AM »
bobby always flattered to deceive had probably 4 good games out of him , having said that the albion style of play over last season would have made better strikers than him look poor, all the best in Greece bobby

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1277 on: September 01, 2015, 10:15:29 AM »
bobby always flattered to deceive had probably 4 good games out of him , having said that the albion style of play over last season would have made better strikers than him look poor, all the best in Greece bobby

Watched him at the Port Vale debacle. I got the impression he wasn't match fit TBH, huffed and puffed but got nowhere really against a very average side.

I wish him well though, had we have provided the proper service he required then it might have been a completely different story.
MAGA!

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1278 on: September 01, 2015, 11:37:12 AM »
3 games stand out for me. Oxford, Bournemouth and Port Vale. Against lesser opposition he was poor. Just not suited to the English game IMO. He'll do well abroad as he has done in the past.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1279 on: September 01, 2015, 11:42:52 AM »
3 games stand out for me. Oxford, Bournemouth and Port Vale. Against lesser opposition he was poor. Just not suited to the English game IMO. He'll do well abroad as he has done in the past.
All three games he hadn't a run in the side though , overall I think he was unlucky here.
Irvine didn't want him from day one ,some players just can't be lobbed in and be expected to perform.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

Jimmy

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1280 on: September 01, 2015, 11:52:54 AM »
A victim of the ludicrous price we paid for him due to a complete lack of composure or forethought by Albion.

wodenson46

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1281 on: September 01, 2015, 04:24:55 PM »
Thanks Bobby. decent bloke decent player,  never got the service nor the playing time here. Good luck mate go and get a sackful for Oympiakos.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1282 on: September 01, 2015, 06:10:54 PM »
Wish he'd have stayed now?  ???

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1283 on: September 01, 2015, 06:26:48 PM »
Wish he'd have stayed now?  ???

:'( :'( me to.

drunk off with Odemwonga 2

boult

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #1284 on: September 01, 2015, 07:07:19 PM »
 Wish we kept him  at least he tried and put effort in unlike someone who has tweeted he wont play good luck Ideye hope it goes well

Dubya BA

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1285 on: September 01, 2015, 08:03:02 PM »
Good luck to Bobby Brown in Greece!

Will miss him even if we didn't see the best of him.

If you are reading this Brown, thanks again for my birthday present.
Get it right because I will expose your mistakes and I will pull no punches! (although I will apologise if I get it wrong myself). DubyaBA

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1286 on: September 04, 2015, 11:07:38 PM »
Nice bloke, just not up to it I don't think. Wish him well but cant understand the love in on social media.
He could have moaned about lack of opportunity but since leaving he tweeted to thank club officials and all fans for the love he'd been shown.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1287 on: September 04, 2015, 11:23:04 PM »
That turn against Southampton, shame he didn't finish it.

He was here a year had no pre-season, a manager with little faith in him and he still had a spell where he looked very good.  Very hard to judge him in fairness but perhaps most telling is I never felt confident he'd score, that miss against Hull oh dear - I think it's probably a good move for all parties and I hope he does well.

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1288 on: September 04, 2015, 11:40:17 PM »
Once he scored against Burnley he had a good little run of games where he got a couple of goals and looked threatening. It's a shame it never worked out as I think Albion fans were desperate for him to do well because of his personality and attitude. I wish him well at Olympiakos.
the regime don't like it man

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1289 on: September 05, 2015, 07:17:10 AM »
You have to admire the classy way he has conducted himself since the move was announced too
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

mank baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1290 on: September 05, 2015, 08:01:13 AM »
You have to admire the classy way he has conducted himself since the move was announced too
other players could learn a lot from him