Author Topic: 13 Apr 2024 Albion 0 Sunderland 1  (Read 5056 times)

TheBaggieMan

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #175 on: April 13, 2024, 05:14:09 PM »
If we drop to 6th in table does that mean we play 3rd?
West Brom 2023/24
Has Sticky the Stick Insect finally got unstuck from that sticky bun?
Great stuff under Corberan - keep it up Baggies!

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #176 on: April 13, 2024, 05:14:17 PM »

Yep

TheBaggieMan

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #177 on: April 13, 2024, 05:17:14 PM »

In that case it will be Leeds which will be tough but I suppose same can be said of Southampton.
West Brom 2023/24

DevonInStripes

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #178 on: April 13, 2024, 05:18:40 PM »
Could be anyone of 4 teams that finish 3rd.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #179 on: April 13, 2024, 05:19:29 PM »
In that case it will be Leeds which will be tough but I suppose same can be said of Southampton.
Or Leicester, or Ipswich or possibly Southampton. All difficult.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

TheBaggieMan

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #180 on: April 13, 2024, 05:21:00 PM »
Or Leicester, or Ipswich or possibly Southampton. All difficult.
Frightening thought Alex…. gives me a headache!
West Brom 2023/24

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #181 on: April 13, 2024, 05:34:04 PM »
The final score was WBA 0 Sunderland BTA ?

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #182 on: April 13, 2024, 06:03:16 PM »
Let's not start  on another player for a witch hunt  football afterall is an 11 man game more if you count the subs.

tegga

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #183 on: April 13, 2024, 06:11:35 PM »
As soon as Assante was sent off I had the feeling we were going to lose.

Having a man down really showed when Sunderland were keeping and passing the ball around quite well. We were disappointing not being able create any openings even before the sending off, apart from having some promising possession at times.

Blowee

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #184 on: April 13, 2024, 06:23:17 PM »
Very unprofessional today. Ok Ballard did for Maja at their place but to lose a game because players seemed to have a vendetta against was crazy. BTA getting sent off cost us and Wallace who should know better getting booked for a foul on the same player is just amateurish.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #185 on: April 13, 2024, 06:24:46 PM »
Very unprofessional today. Ok Ballard did for Maja at their place but to lose a game because players seemed to have a vendetta against was crazy. BTA getting sent off cost us and Wallace who should know better getting booked for a foul on the same player is just amateurish.

Agree with this. Instead of it being WBA vs Sunderland FC as it should have been, it seemed more like WBA FC players v Ballard. Very unprofessional.

Blowee

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #186 on: April 13, 2024, 06:26:40 PM »
Agree with this. Instead of it being WBA vs Sunderland FC as it should have been, it seemed more like WBA FC players v Ballard. Very unprofessional.
I felt like I was watching a Sunday league pub team rather than a highly paid Championship team of professionals. Not good enough.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #187 on: April 13, 2024, 06:35:20 PM »
I felt like I was watching a Sunday league pub team rather than a highly paid Championship team of professionals. Not good enough.

Yep, completely unacceptable.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #188 on: April 13, 2024, 06:49:33 PM »
Sunderland were very well drilled, they had a game plan and stuck to it. Took the one chance they had.
We struggled to break through but we were getting better at it before the needless sending off.
Johnston was getting frustrated as he was in space but the ball was always being played across to the right. He then started coming inside more and more leaving no o e out wide left.When he first joined he was much more effective picking the ball up out wide and cutting in, he needs to get back to doing that.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Mikkyk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #189 on: April 13, 2024, 06:57:56 PM »
Have we burnt out?

Blowee

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #190 on: April 13, 2024, 06:59:25 PM »
Have we burnt out?
We looked fine until the sending off. After that they just contained us quite easily.

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #191 on: April 13, 2024, 07:02:09 PM »
Have we burnt out?
Only Norwich with any real momentum in the top six atm no one can afford to coast the last few games so a decent squad to interchange is priceless.

Blowee

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #192 on: April 13, 2024, 07:05:24 PM »
Only Norwich with any real momentum in the top six atm no one can afford to coast the last few games so a decent squad to interchange is priceless.
Norwich also have the easiest run in to the playoffs. I can see them getting another 7 points which is likely to make them 5th. Our biggest threat for 6th is Hull but they have some tough matches.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #193 on: April 13, 2024, 07:18:49 PM »
Very disappointed to lose that today. Doesn’t matter how you cut it, we lost because of the stupid actions of BTA. We were the better team up to that point. Real lack of discipline there and unlike us under this manager where we have a remarkable record in terms of players not getting sent off. We would not have lost if not for the sending off.

BagAlbion123

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #194 on: April 13, 2024, 08:16:38 PM »

Completely agree. Let him be the pantomime villain for the fans but players wholly disappointing

Anyway on the game, BTA poor hold up play and touch cost him today

That said in hindsight today may not be so bad as it will kick up the backside as you learn more from defeats than scrapping 1-0 wins

Next week is a write off I feel like Leicester won't crumble again now they've been given a chance again

4 points of Seff and Preston needed minimum

robnewbold

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #195 on: April 13, 2024, 09:53:30 PM »
For me this the Albion we all know and love...and tear our hair out at.
 All we needed was composure and patience against a poor, but well organised team. What do we do? Show a total lack of composure and no patience at all.
But we have to take it on the chin, chalk it up as a bad day at the office and move on. In the bigger picture it is our first loss in 10.
Leeds blew it today, Leicester are  bottling it, may be its end of season jitters
Strap in folks, nothing is over until Gemma Collins sings.

kirk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #196 on: April 13, 2024, 10:12:09 PM »
How did the ref only find 4 minutes of extra time? Each substitution should had added on 30 seconds (Sunderland’s last one took a minute to leave the pitch) then we had the keeper lying down for over 2 minutes and the defender going down for another 2 minutes.
It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #197 on: April 13, 2024, 11:43:13 PM »
Very disappointed to lose that today. Doesn’t matter how you cut it, we lost because of the stupid actions of BTA. We were the better team up to that point. Real lack of discipline there and unlike us under this manager where we have a remarkable record in terms of players not getting sent off. We would not have lost if not for the sending off.
The last baggie to get sent off was the manager …
I know I’m in the minority here but my levels of respect for BTA have gone up…That Scumbag Ballard could have finished Maja’s career…I wish more of our players actually gave out a bit more …I am really disappointed in 2 others today, Townsend was next to useless and allowed their bloke the freedom to score…Wallace went straight after Ballard to shake his hand at the whistle.

We will be in the playoffs but we need to make some changes, starting with reach in for Townsend .
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Blowee

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #198 on: April 14, 2024, 08:31:43 AM »
The last baggie to get sent off was the manager …
I know I’m in the minority here but my levels of respect for BTA have gone up…That Scumbag Ballard could have finished Maja’s career…I wish more of our players actually gave out a bit more …I am really disappointed in 2 others today, Townsend was next to useless and allowed their bloke the freedom to score…Wallace went straight after Ballard to shake his hand at the whistle.

We will be in the playoffs but we need to make some changes, starting with reach in for Townsend .
It’s fine for us fans to think this way and to give Ballard as much stick as possible during the game. No way is it acceptable for players to behave like that. They show they care by getting three points which is what they are paid to try to do. Ballard will be laughing at some of our players today. He was on the winning team. Meanwhile we have lost valuable points and have a banned striker for our next match.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2024, 08:33:42 AM by Blowee »

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #199 on: April 14, 2024, 08:39:50 AM »
A few random thoughts from yesterday : Chalobah's injury and the red card meant we' ll never really know about how the changes would have panned out. Bartley totally mis timing the attempted header leading to the goal as well as Townsends absence from the scene. Interesting Bartley was hooked at HT in a like for like swap. Why no Weimann at least give us a more natural finisher. Why so little time added on despite subs , injuries and blatant time wasting ! Left the ground feeling hopeful but confused , Jeez it's hard being a Baggie sometimes even after 60+ years of practice !!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2024, 09:08:26 AM by hardtobeat »
Baggie for life not just for Xmas