Author Topic: 3 Oct 2018 Sheff Wed 2 Albion 2  (Read 51321 times)

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #350 on: October 04, 2018, 07:25:03 PM »
It's very easy to be wise after the event isn't it mate?
At the time I thought the substitutions were ludicrous and, even though they did give us a bit more oomph, I'm not buying that they turned the game, that was down to Barnes (and an all too rare ball into the box from Brunt. I think we could convert him to a wide player you know!). The only part the rest of the midfield played in that 2nd goal was to scatter and get the hell out of his way!
I've no objection to Hoolahan and Barry coming on, but to take Gayle and JRod off was not a decision I would like to see repeated too often.
As it is though, i am chuffed with a point and even more chuffed that DM's reputation was not blighted by what would have been a strange defeat.
There has to be a distinction though between calling for his head and criticising his tactics. They are two completely different things so people shouldn't lump them onto the same bandwagon. I love Darren to bits and hope he is here for a very long time. That won't stop me calling it out if I think he gets it wrong though and, as with last night I am happy to be proven wrong.

My words immediately after the substitution were far worse !!

Agree with your post - I love Big Dave - and support him through adversity, but do not want to see a repeat of those subs in a hurry !
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Windmill Baggy

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #351 on: October 04, 2018, 09:00:04 PM »
Heard Goodman say that about Hegazy on comms, as far as I’m aware he was never booked this evening?

Didn't know it was Goodman was the co-commentator, but it figures, he came across very anti-albion.

Andio

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #352 on: October 04, 2018, 09:45:37 PM »
Didn't know it was Goodman was the co-commentator, but it figures, he came across very anti-albion.

He was in with the Dingle fans (along with the tatter) when they played in the League cup at Sheff Wed.

I've never understood his dislike for us, he had arguably the best spell of his career with us.

I was about 11 years old at the time & I adored him.

Did he leave on bad terms or something?

Aussie Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Should We Expect The Spanish Inquisition Tonight?
« Reply #353 on: October 04, 2018, 10:45:37 PM »
Definitely was Palin, good gets by Albionic and Ronnie Allan.

Mulligan - love your bit as well!

Thanks ex-because - couldn't resist putting this up. :)

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #354 on: October 05, 2018, 10:56:58 AM »
He was in with the Dingle fans (along with the tatter) when they played in the League cup at Sheff Wed.

I've never understood his dislike for us, he had arguably the best spell of his career with us.

I was about 11 years old at the time & I adored him.

Did he leave on bad terms or something?
We made him. He was a headless chicken who couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo when we signed him then one of the coaches, think it was Stuart Pearson, dragged him in for extra training and he started banging them in. He then got a big money move to Sunderland so no idea why he has so much animosity towards us either.
Can't stand the creature now, spoiled little twerp.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #355 on: October 05, 2018, 10:58:41 AM »
Hope we don't wewease Wodwiguez, come January!  ::)
I'll get me coat.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #356 on: October 05, 2018, 11:10:31 AM »
Hope we don't wewease Wodwiguez, come January!  ::)
I'll get me coat.

We weleased Wondon alweady, so its possible.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

Re: In Game Chat
« Reply #357 on: October 05, 2018, 11:18:31 AM »
Comes from barnsley. maybe has some Sheff Wed mates.

only just noticed this. he doesn't come from Barnsley he is listed as coming from the West Midlands, the ref for our game with Reading (Darren England comes from Barnsley). Maybe coming from the West Midlands was why he was so poor, he didn't want to run the chance of being accused of bias.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/oliver-langford/profil/schiedsrichter/2429
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Andio

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #358 on: October 05, 2018, 11:28:07 PM »
We made him. He was a headless chicken who couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo when we signed him then one of the coaches, think it was Stuart Pearson, dragged him in for extra training and he started banging them in. He then got a big money move to Sunderland so no idea why he has so much animosity towards us either.

Thanks for the info mate, as an 11 year old I wasn't really into all the back room stuff, so find that very informative.

With what you said makes it even more bizarre.

Sod the Dingle  8)

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #359 on: October 06, 2018, 12:21:54 AM »
Still doesn’t explain why he has it in for us. I’m going with him being a dingle. Plain and simple.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.