Author Topic: Boxing Thread  (Read 267088 times)

Atomic

• WBA Coach

Re: Boxing Thread
« Reply #775 on: December 02, 2018, 09:46:14 AM »
I haven't seen the fight I was at work. From what I've read Fury gave Wilder a boxing lesson. Wilder is one hell of a banger and he'll put anyone over if he connects properly. Fury clearly has done remarkably well considering the time he's taken off and the abuse he's given his body.

Fury will win a re-match more easily and given that he's been in with Wilder now and knows what to expect he'll avoid the knockdowns. Be better if he can get it somewhere other than the USA though, getting the decision over there against a home fighter in a big fight is sometimes somewhere near impossible.

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #776 on: December 02, 2018, 11:33:38 AM »
Didn't see it live but listened to it live on 5 and the full video this morning.thought fury was back to his best and schooled a very poor champion who was totally bamboozled. If not for his 2 knock downs he'd have won easily but done well enough for me to win.the old adage holds firm here that you need a ko in USA to get a draw.A rematch in the UK and fury stops him a lot easier.Wilder is a pi as poor champion

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #777 on: December 02, 2018, 12:03:01 PM »
Not difficult to see why Wilder did not want to come to England. Apart from his obvious punching power he has little boxing ability. Wilder's promoter offer of $50m was shown to be a scam. They never had that sort of money and know he is overrated.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #778 on: December 02, 2018, 08:20:01 PM »
Wilder was obviously knackered for the last 4 rounds - he probably would have finished off Fury in the last with more in the tank. Talk he over-trained but Wilder's main comment about the fact he was forcing his punches rather than letting them flow naturally was probably accurate and was part of the reason he tired so much.

The obvious logic says Fury would wins comfortably next time (assuming he stays in some sort of shape) ....but Wilder will still have a big punchers chance. Fury won the fight and credit to him, especially for just about making the count from that 12th round knockdown.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #779 on: December 03, 2018, 09:07:26 AM »
Wilders face mid celebration when Fury gets up from the knockdown is priceless.

It would be in Wilder's best interest to have the rematch in the UK if it were to happen, a rematch in Wembley would probably sell out and he's likely to increase his profile that way as opposed to a rematch in USA.

I think a rematch would see Fury win. I also think Fury would beat Joshua over 12 rounds, for his size - Fury's head movement is probably the best in his weight category.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #780 on: December 03, 2018, 09:39:00 AM »
Wilders face mid celebration when Fury gets up from the knockdown is priceless.

It would be in Wilder's best interest to have the rematch in the UK if it were to happen, a rematch in Wembley would probably sell out and he's likely to increase his profile that way as opposed to a rematch in USA.

I think a rematch would see Fury win. I also think Fury would beat Joshua over 12 rounds, for his size - Fury's head movement is probably the best in his weight category.

The double take by Wilder was fantastic, he could not believe what he was seeing....

One of the very few fights I paid for - worth every penny. I am not a Fury fan but he has gone up in my estimations big time. No doubt he can box and Wilder looked bemused and resigned until he came up with the knock downs.

Twelve months ago I would have said that Fury/Joshua would never happen, but now I think it will and I for one cannot call it.
MAGA!

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #781 on: December 03, 2018, 11:02:05 AM »
The double take by Wilder was fantastic, he could not believe what he was seeing....

One of the very few fights I paid for - worth every penny. I am not a Fury fan but he has gone up in my estimations big time. No doubt he can box and Wilder looked bemused and resigned until he came up with the knock downs.

Twelve months ago I would have said that Fury/Joshua would never happen, but now I think it will and I for one cannot call it.
Well I will.Fury will box AJs ears off and deck him when he usually runs out of steam second half the fight.Fury for a big big unit is fleet footed and proved he has the stamina for the distance.I'll say it again for the umpteenth time you can't ko what you can't hit and fury's biggest enemy is himself showboating at times and losing concentration

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #782 on: December 03, 2018, 11:08:57 AM »
Fury won that....its a travesty it was called a draw.

Fury wins the rematch for me aswell.

Bit more respect for Wilder after the fight than I had before, but he gave his all and KO's Fury only for Fury to get up and crack on like nothing had happened...that in itself will be something that Wilder will remember and fear for me in any rematch...he gave him his biggest shot and the guy got back up.

Fury deserves more respect after that fight aswell...The Gypsy King is back

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #783 on: December 03, 2018, 11:29:02 AM »
Fury will outbox AJ, I dont think that's ever been in doubt. Fury's downfall is that he is very unlikely to knock out the better fighters in the division, which means the fight is going 12 rounds for Fury to win. That always gives an AJ or Wilder more than a punchers chance.

In my opinion Fury won, but Wilder very nearly pulled it off. It's not that bizarre that a ref may have given two rounds to Wilder either, on top of the knock down rounds so I dont think the Brit scoring 113/113 was that shocking. God knows what the Mexican ref was watching mind.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #784 on: December 03, 2018, 11:30:33 AM »
Fury won that....its a travesty it was called a draw.

Fury wins the rematch for me aswell.

Bit more respect for Wilder after the fight than I had before, but he gave his all and KO's Fury only for Fury to get up and crack on like nothing had happened...that in itself will be something that Wilder will remember and fear for me in any rematch...he gave him his biggest shot and the guy got back up.

Fury deserves more respect after that fight aswell...The Gypsy King is back

Looked a right pr*t in his crown, mask and feathers when he came into the ring. I bet he doesnt wear that little ensemble next time!

MAGA!

silver surfer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #785 on: December 03, 2018, 12:28:25 PM »
Fury will outbox AJ, I dont think that's ever been in doubt. Fury's downfall is that he is very unlikely to knock out the better fighters in the division, which means the fight is going 12 rounds for Fury to win. That always gives an AJ or Wilder more than a punchers chance.

In my opinion Fury won, but Wilder very nearly pulled it off. It's not that bizarre that a ref may have given two rounds to Wilder either, on top of the knock down rounds so I dont think the Brit scoring 113/113 was that shocking. God knows what the Mexican ref was watching mind.
Agreed.
Wilder had a couple of 10-8 rounds so Fury had to win 4 just to be even, that leaves 6 rounds up for grabs and depending on how you judge it, going 3/3 isn't outrageous as it means he won 7/5 and maybe even boxed better in one of the 10-8 that Wilder won. Even so I think Fury deserved the nod.

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #786 on: December 03, 2018, 12:51:05 PM »
I've always said if you're fighting an American in America, you have to knock them out - you won't get any kind of decision.

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #787 on: December 03, 2018, 05:11:35 PM »
Seen far worse score cards if I'm honest. It's a joke but I have definitely seen worse. Great fight and he made Wilder look average, when he's not much to popular opinion.

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #788 on: December 03, 2018, 05:34:49 PM »
It was a great fight and I really enjoy watching Fury box. He's natural and he's clever. He's tough as anything and for a man who is 6 foot 9 his feet are unbelievable.  Wilder is a poor boxer with an amazing right - yes a one trick pony. AJ is an athelete, with raw power but like Wilder, not a boxer. If Fury can stay fit , mentally and physically for the next year or two, he should be able to become the undisputed champ as he's a better boxer than both. It's a big if though..............

He was robbed on Saturday which was a shame but hopefully he keeps it together to achieve what he's capable of. I'd love to see him he become what he's capable of.......
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 05:36:54 PM by darbolina »

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #789 on: December 03, 2018, 06:42:20 PM »
Fury may be a more natural boxer than Joshua, but I think he would have a major struggle to keep away from trouble for 12 rounds against AJ. AJ has more variety than Wilder and can throw 5 or 6 heavy punch combinations when he has someone in trouble.

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #790 on: December 03, 2018, 09:50:03 PM »
Klitschko gave AJ his most problems with his movement. Unfortunately he didn't have the legs to sustain it. He'll struggle against the movement of Fury but at the same time he just seems to be able to hit a button, open up and showcase his incredible power. It would be interesting that's for certain.

Also vehemently disagree Wilder is a poor boxer. He's just nowhere near as good as the best heavyweight boxer since Lennox Lewis.

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #791 on: December 08, 2018, 12:09:51 PM »
WBC have now sanctioned a rematch with fury and wilder.can see it being in Yankee land once more but feel an even fitter and motivated fury will have wilders number next time

silver surfer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #792 on: December 08, 2018, 02:56:07 PM »
WBC have now sanctioned a rematch with fury and wilder.can see it being in Yankee land once more but feel an even fitter and motivated fury will have wilders number next time
seems a reasonable assumption and I'm not convinced that Wilder can actually KO Fury after the 2 haymakers he landed in the last round didn't finish him, most others wouldn't have got up from that.
The defining factor as usual will be if Fury is motivated enough.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #793 on: December 08, 2018, 06:01:49 PM »
seems a reasonable assumption and I'm not convinced that Wilder can actually KO Fury after the 2 haymakers he landed in the last round didn't finish him, most others wouldn't have got up from that.
The defining factor as usual will be if Fury is motivated enough.
Wilder was knackered the last 3 rounds, if he'd had anything left in the tank he would have finished him off...plus there was the question of whether or not Fury did beat the count anyway. On the evidence we saw, Wilder most definitely can knock Fury out....at least that's the way I see it.

silver surfer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #794 on: December 08, 2018, 06:25:34 PM »
If wilders punching power had diminished with tiredness I would think that Fury’s punch resistance would have been lessened as well as that late stage. I just don’t think he was hurt that badly all things considered as both punches were full blooded and on target. Fury was definitely lucky having a ref who gave him every opportunity to continue another ref might have waved it off immediately the way he fell.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #795 on: March 05, 2019, 09:19:22 AM »
“Frank Bruno 'needs rest' after being treated for pneumonia”

Frank is a most likeable individual, in my view, and a National Treasue, get well soon and stay strong

Source: https://www.bbc.com/sport/boxing/47442368
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #796 on: March 05, 2019, 08:27:34 PM »
anybody going to watch tommy langford at walsall townhall saturday
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #797 on: April 20, 2019, 11:44:24 AM »
Anthony Joshua's opponent Jarrell 'Big Baby' Miller has now failed a 3rd dope test. Started saying he had never knowingly taken Ped's he has now been forced into a grovelling apology. Overrated loudmouth in my opinion.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #798 on: April 20, 2019, 08:04:17 PM »
Looking at his past displays it might explain how a bloke who's 22 or 23 stone can keep up a high punch rate as he has.
This was picked up by 'voluntary anti doping association'. I'd guess it was in the contract for the fight that they needed to be involved.

saml30

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #799 on: April 21, 2019, 11:12:58 PM »
Anthony Joshua's opponent Jarrell 'Big Baby' Miller has now failed a 3rd dope test. Started saying he had never knowingly taken Ped's he has now been forced into a grovelling apology. Overrated loudmouth in my opinion.

Personally I think it’s hilarious after his Joshua drug comments
Blue and White Barmy Army !!!