Author Topic: Dingle watch - Anything Wolves  (Read 2069380 times)

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Dingle watch - Anything Wolves
« Reply #7050 on: January 03, 2019, 03:48:47 PM »
This Mendes and Fosun expose makes for an interesting read if you have the time and inclination

https://uk.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/soccer-files-fosun/
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

baggie53

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7051 on: January 03, 2019, 08:00:23 PM »
Don't normally hear much of the show but heard a good one on WM phone in last night last night when a Villa fan called them "Bilston Barcelona"

Tickled me anyway
Vorwärts die Breiten Hosen !

Hong Kong Phooey

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #7052 on: January 03, 2019, 08:47:22 PM »
Every dog has its day...!

These mongrels have a bit of pedigree at the moment but everything goes full circle for everyone outside of the top 6...just look at Villa - who I believe were once champions of Europe...?
In football, as in life, facing up to difficulties makes us stronger…Carlos Corberan

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #7053 on: January 04, 2019, 01:12:36 PM »
Don't normally hear much of the show but heard a good one on WM phone in last night last night when a Villa fan called them "Bilston Barcelona"

Tickled me anyway

;D ;D ;D ;D

That is fantastic.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #7054 on: January 04, 2019, 01:41:59 PM »
This Mendes and Fosun expose makes for an interesting read if you have the time and inclination

https://uk.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/soccer-files-fosun/

Long winded way of saying that Fosun and Mendes are pushing the boundaries and exploiting loopholes, but no-one Players / clubs / Fosun / Mendes will comment unsurprisingly
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #7055 on: January 14, 2019, 08:56:57 PM »
Can we keep score updates in the Premier League thread please, thanks
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7056 on: January 22, 2019, 12:34:03 PM »
Can we rename this thread to Portugal FC please  ;D

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7057 on: February 02, 2019, 07:16:14 PM »
Good chance of getting Europa league

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7058 on: February 02, 2019, 07:32:14 PM »
depressing

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7059 on: February 02, 2019, 07:35:41 PM »
They're doing better than I had hoped  ;)  but they're not doing anything Hodgson and Clarke didn't do on a shoestring by comparison.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7060 on: February 06, 2019, 07:15:15 AM »
I think we need to prepare ourselves for them winning something in the next few years, be that the FA cup, League cup or even, god forbid the Europa league.

They won't get top 4, like some of their fans have deluded themselves is part of Fosun's long term plan, however they currently sit in the last European place and I can't see them being caught. They are a Bristol City away from their first FA cup quarter final in years as well.

I'm going to hate it as a gloating Wolves fan is nearly as bad as the "i'm really hard and will attack random fans" type, but if we prepare now, it will be easier to take once the inevitable happens.
Boing Boing

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7061 on: February 06, 2019, 07:32:36 AM »
They will beat Bristol city and if they avoid Man City or Chelsea/Man Utd their going to Wembley  :(

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7062 on: February 06, 2019, 08:20:09 AM »
They will beat Bristol city and if they avoid Man City or Chelsea/Man Utd their going to Wembley  :(
Unless they draw us  ;)
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

Windmill Baggy

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #7063 on: February 06, 2019, 02:25:44 PM »
I think we need to prepare ourselves for them winning something in the next few years, be that the FA cup, League cup or even, god forbid the Europa league.

They won't get top 4, like some of their fans have deluded themselves is part of Fosun's long term plan, however they currently sit in the last European place and I can't see them being caught. They are a Bristol City away from their first FA cup quarter final in years as well.

I'm going to hate it as a gloating Wolves fan is nearly as bad as the "i'm really hard and will attack random fans" type, but if we prepare now, it will be easier to take once the inevitable happens.

Possibly, but probably not. Look at the resources Spurs have and how many trophies have they won in the last 25 years? Wolves will do well enough in the Prem as long as they have their current manager, who is doing an excellent job due to his knowledge of the Portuguese league helping him to get his signings spot on. However when he moves on (it will happen eventually) it could all go tits up quite quickly, regardless of how much money they are willing to splash on oversea's players.

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7064 on: February 06, 2019, 04:34:19 PM »
Dont like to admit it but i was wrong about them, i thought they would struggle more than they have but fair play they are cruising and look a really good team.

I have to confess i do like watching the way they play, they seem to be better against the better sides because they let them play, the lower sides get in their faces, thats why they struggled with Shrewsbury even and i imagine if Bristol City play a proper team in the 5th round, they will give Wolves a good game.

It is good a team has gone up and is taking the game to teams instead of trying to grind out points, the wins they have had arent luck, the Wolves are a good side, The test will come next season when teams will not let them play like they do now, the big boys and even the likes of West Ham and Everton will think twice about letting Wolves do what they have this season.

I do think Neves seems to be their key man, he looks absolute quality, i expect him to move in the summer though and Fosun / Mendes start to get their first returns on their investment. They have done well, brought in a couple of big experienced players who have raised the standard (Moutinho looks good) the issue they will have is finding another Neves, players that good dont play for lesser clubs for too long, they have enough other good players for now but i imagine the likes of Jota and Jonny will be others who after a good season or two will be sold on for big profit.

If Fosun turn down big money bids then i will believe the hype that they are here for the long term and do want to be a major football force at whatever it costs but i do think Mendes better younger players will start to be sold on and then its whether Mendes other players who he brings in to replace them are upto the same standard to fit in straight away.

I am glad we havent got them in the cup as i think they would tear us a new one, when you go back 2 years ago we had already cemented our place in the premier league and were challenging for 7th (shocking three months end to the season meant we finished 10th) Wolves were making up the numbers in the championship and look at the two teams now and thats how quick football can change.

Thats why if i was Dingle i would enjoy this whilst it lasts, its great for their fans, personally i think Fosun arent Wolves fans and so they are here to make money and have a system that right now allows them to do that and is working, the moment that stops they will be on their way, its how much time they do stay and if they leave a suistanable legacy for whoever owns them next.

Dan87uk

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7065 on: February 11, 2019, 12:49:43 PM »
A truly sickening read below when you consider the relative state of our club in comparison now.... It's genuinely frustrating to see them doing so well when only a few season ago they were languishing in League 1 and staring at the abyss.

Whether it happens or not is another thing entirely of course and it remains to be seen on whether this venture eventually implodes or not, but for their fans at the moment to hear the plans for the club, their aims, ground redevelopment etc. it really does grate on me. Particularly when you consider our own owner's business; not personal; wealth was generated by the construction industry.

I'm mindful that may have been different had we stayed up last season and continued with the greed league money to potentially look at stadium or area regeneration plans, but given the pattern of communication and interest; or lack thereof; from our owner to date, I wouldn't hold my breath.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/22712/11633506/wolves-plans-to-redevelop-molineux-explained-by-laurie-dalrymple-and-jeff-shi

A few key extracts below:

"We see a benchmark that this club could grow to a 45,000-50,000 capacity in the medium to long term"

"The club has been on an upward trajectory on the pitch for the past eighteen months. The plan, now, is to build on the success of the playing squad by transforming Molineux into a centre piece for the city as a whole.

"We want this to be a multi-purpose, multi-functional venue and destination for people to come," Dalrymple adds. "Not just from Wolverhampton; from the Black Country and wider Midlands area.

"We are developing at the same time as other areas in the city are developing, so if everything happens in unison then this can become a really exciting place to visit and a really exciting place to be.

"We really want the football club and Molineux as a venue to be the focal point of all of that.""
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 12:58:21 PM by Dan87uk »
The Only Dependable Thing About The Future Is Uncertainty

Nickwba1

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7066 on: February 11, 2019, 01:09:29 PM »
Do note that Fosun are in a completely different league in comparison to our investor. One has piles of cash, the other doesn't.

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7067 on: February 11, 2019, 01:17:04 PM »
A truly sickening read below when you consider the relative state of our club in comparison now.... It's genuinely frustrating to see them doing so well when only a few season ago they were languishing in League 1 and staring at the abyss.

Whether it happens or not is another thing entirely of course and it remains to be seen on whether this venture eventually implodes or not, but for their fans at the moment to hear the plans for the club, their aims, ground redevelopment etc. it really does grate on me. Particularly when you consider our own owner's business; not personal; wealth was generated by the construction industry.

I'm mindful that may have been different had we stayed up last season and continued with the greed league money to potentially look at stadium or area regeneration plans, but given the pattern of communication and interest; or lack thereof; from our owner to date, I wouldn't hold my breath.

I wouldn't say they were languishing in league 1 - they got relegated and smashed it straight away.

The other thing is because they were a larger championship team at a low ebb, they became a more attractive proposition for investment. Fosun have had to invest less to buy Wolves and get them promotion than they would have to buy us and maintain our league position over the same length of time.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #7068 on: February 11, 2019, 02:04:50 PM »
ones got an owner with ambition, we've got Lai!
even the years we were streets ahead of them we had no ambition to grow the club.
wonder if they'll stop and think ( what if we don't sell every seat every game ).

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7069 on: February 17, 2019, 01:34:18 PM »
Winning 1-0 at Bristol. On the verge of the quarter finals.

75% Chance of Europe league via 7th or winning the cup imo

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7070 on: February 17, 2019, 01:38:01 PM »
Who cares?

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7071 on: February 17, 2019, 01:44:54 PM »
Considering it's nearly 300 pages long I'm sure a lot don't want them getting into Europe

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7072 on: February 17, 2019, 01:50:47 PM »
Considering it's nearly 300 pages long I'm sure a lot don't want them getting into Europe

Villa are our proper rivals. Wolves mean about as much to me as Ipswich do. They can win 20 Champions Leagues in a row for all I care. They will only become important to me if we are challenging them.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #7073 on: February 17, 2019, 03:02:36 PM »
Not too keen on some of their supporters and the club, but I guess that’s a two way street, but I have to say I am finding it difficult not to look admiringly at their Manager, players and style of football
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7074 on: February 17, 2019, 03:37:50 PM »
Villa are our proper rivals. Wolves mean about as much to me as Ipswich do. They can win 20 Champions Leagues in a row for all I care. They will only become important to me if we are challenging them.

Lots of Albion fans seem to have an opinion (some might say get annoyed) that some villa fans discount our rivalry yet we have some Albion fans discounting wolves as a ‘proper’ rivalry and it’s nonsense. They are both real rivals.

People often say historically it’s villa, but even that’s can be argued.

80s, 90’s, 00’s - wolves were more relative to us without doubt and that rivalry intensified
60’s 70’s - seems the general consensus is it was villa

Pre 60s it doesn’t seem football rivalry was quite the same, I could be wrong.

Last 10 - shared a division more closely with villa

So historically it seems pretty even. History isn’t just about first, it’s all history.