Author Topic: 17 Dec 2023 Albion 1 Stoke City 1  (Read 6668 times)

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #150 on: December 18, 2023, 08:59:21 AM »
Attendance published as 23,298. Watching from tv can't believe that was accurate. There were loads of spare seats all around. The slightly quieter atmosphere in the stadium probably helped Stoke more than us.

Has been a bone of contention with me for a long time. Apparently they count all of the season ticket holders, whether you turn up or not. The figure actually reflects the number of tickets sold, which includes ST's, so not a true reflection of he number that actually attended the game, which would be easy to do as they are checked in electronically on the gate. 
MAGA!

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #151 on: December 18, 2023, 08:59:28 AM »
Attendance published as 23,298. Watching from tv can't believe that was accurate. There were loads of spare seats all around. The slightly quieter atmosphere in the stadium probably helped Stoke more than us.

Believe the attendance is how many tickets were sold, not the amount through the turnstiles. Could be wrong though

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #152 on: December 18, 2023, 09:05:30 AM »
Believe the attendance is how many tickets were sold, not the amount through the turnstiles. Could be wrong though
I guess a lot of regulars were put off by the comical kick off time.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #153 on: December 18, 2023, 09:24:18 AM »
I guess a lot of regulars were put off by the comical kick off time.

I was going to go as back from London for birthday weekend but, as you say, the kick off time out me off so I stayed in bed asleep till 130pm 😎

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #154 on: December 18, 2023, 12:42:45 PM »

Around 19000 would be my estimate based upon looking around yesterday. Early kick off time was an issue for sure as is the usual apathy from some of our 'fanbase'

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #155 on: December 18, 2023, 01:46:37 PM »
In my humble opinion, the club made a mistake in selling season tickets for £23 if they did not intend to "police" use of them. I appreciate and support the idea of encouraging the enticing of young supporters, but  £23 is a "throw away " amount for some people and some have been purchased by people for very casual use by children or even adults. I have seen no-one checking admissions into the East Stand, either last season or this season, and I do know that some are being misused. The bottom line is even if we had the ability to attract a full house we would never actually see it at present because of the number of kids not attending games, and thereby making seats unavailable for sale.

If yow want a bit more room by ya, buy an extra sate.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

TheBaggieMan

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #156 on: December 18, 2023, 07:59:16 PM »
Historically, Season Ticket holder numbers  were always added to the ticket cash sale numbers at the Hawthorns giving a grand total of the attendance even if said ST holders did not turn up on the day.
The cash was placed into leather bags and walked to the offices by the turnstile operators for counting and the hope the cash matched the recording of clicked cash sales. I believe the turnstile operators were called by the crowd ‘The Baggies’ hence the origin of our nickname.
West Brom 2023/24
Has Sticky the Stick Insect finally got unstuck from that sticky bun?
Great stuff under Corberan - keep it up Baggies!

Tony Goddens Gloves

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #157 on: December 18, 2023, 08:26:42 PM »
If the attendance really was 23k then our capacity must be 30k plus so there you go we have a 30k + stadium lol

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #158 on: December 19, 2023, 12:02:13 AM »
Historically, Season Ticket holder numbers  were always added to the ticket cash sale numbers at the Hawthorns giving a grand total of the attendance even if said ST holders did not turn up on the day.
The cash was placed into leather bags and walked to the offices by the turnstile operators for counting and the hope the cash matched the recording of clicked cash sales. I believe the turnstile operators were called by the crowd ‘The Baggies’ hence the origin of our nickname.
A bob or two were made by turnstile operators allowing customers to jump over the old style entrances.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.