Author Topic: Guochuan Lai  (Read 2349318 times)

tylerm

• Youth Baggie

Re: Guochuan Lai
« Reply #5650 on: November 01, 2018, 01:06:07 PM »
Meanwhile Wolves have just spent £16 million on a new keeper to add to their already impressive squad. What the hell has happened to us?
Its a minor point but I believe they have just agreed a fee for their current keeper. Not a new signing

slate

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5651 on: November 01, 2018, 05:00:45 PM »
Its a minor point but I believe they have just agreed a fee for their current keeper. Not a new signing

Yes, sorry. Fair point. The red mist had dropped when I wrote that!

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5652 on: November 01, 2018, 05:32:32 PM »
Yet to make an appearence at the Hawthorns this year and only made a handful of appearences while we were in the Premier league (against the top 4) shows he's lack of interest in us and our targets and shows his interest in the bright lights of the Premier league and its glamorous clubs. I remember the excitement when he took over. It couldn't of gone much worse under his leadership.

NJS

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5653 on: November 01, 2018, 06:10:38 PM »
Maybe he'll become so disinterested that he'll sell us off cheaply to someone who cares - ooh look there's a flying pig!

I think that the original motivation for buying English clubs was that the Chinese Leadership wants to establish a league system that enables it to win the world cup.  Classic authoritarian regime trope of excusing clampdowns on freedom of speech etc for trophy victories and expansion abroad.

Then suddenly General Secretary (for life) Xi JinPing decides that too much foreign exchange was leaving the country and reined all that spending in.  You don't argue with Secretary Xi even if you're a multi-millionaire.  So we would seem to be in limbo.

Hales Owen born. 
Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has. Rene Descartes

Mickyfudge

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #5654 on: November 01, 2018, 06:13:51 PM »
Trust us to get the billionaire who will not spend any money

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #5655 on: November 01, 2018, 07:21:03 PM »
Trust us to get the billionaire who will can not spend any money

Got that sorted for you...
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Topman

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5656 on: November 01, 2018, 08:34:09 PM »
Trust us to get the billionaire who will not spend any money

To be honest I’m not sure what his wealth is. Im sure he’s a very rich man but it’s probably on paper, and he’s money is locked away in businesses etc. but again like many have said he never said he would go on a spending spree, in fact he clearly states in the one interview when he brought it would be pretty much business as usual

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #5657 on: November 02, 2018, 09:45:31 AM »
To be honest I’m not sure what his wealth is. Im sure he’s a very rich man but it’s probably on paper, and he’s money is locked away in businesses etc. but again like many have said he never said he would go on a spending spree, in fact he clearly states in the one interview when he brought it would be pretty much business as usual

It's as if some posters never bothered listening to what he said when he bought us and are judging because he hasn't done the things they've decided he should do, rather than judging him on what he said he would do.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Topman

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5658 on: November 30, 2018, 07:43:02 PM »
Blimey, coming over for the Brentford game. As what do we owe the pleasure! Strange when we play villa a few days later

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5659 on: November 30, 2018, 08:01:33 PM »
Blimey, coming over for the Brentford game. As what do we owe the pleasure! Strange when we play villa a few days later

Maybe he's here to also talk about any targets in the January window & money available.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5660 on: November 30, 2018, 08:17:21 PM »
Who knows, he might give us a free drink again, doubt it though.

On another related subject, has any St holders had their £10/5 voucher as per usual?

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #5661 on: November 30, 2018, 08:44:43 PM »

On another related subject, has any St holders had their £10/5 voucher as per usual?

Had mine last week

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #5662 on: December 02, 2018, 09:07:08 AM »

Yeah got it about the 21st Nov.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #5663 on: December 03, 2018, 06:47:49 PM »
If we are still in the mix form January he needs to back us sensiblely if he wants his money back. If we don't get back out first shot i fear it may take some time.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5664 on: December 03, 2018, 11:54:02 PM »
Apparently on his hols if media are to be believed, could anyone recommend a few sightseeing opportunities for him and the family around West Midlands?

shilton1

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #5665 on: December 04, 2018, 07:05:48 AM »
Blackcountry museum is always worth a trip!

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5666 on: December 04, 2018, 09:24:43 AM »
Could have a pint in the Tilted Barrel.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5667 on: December 04, 2018, 12:26:48 PM »
The "astute" businessman Lai could go to the German Market and buy it for £200m and think he is actually buying Germany because peace told him it was. But, he'd only commit to the purchase of it after doing his due diligence (reading the beano). Peace would then be a consultant/chancellor for a "year" to watch over his latest wunderbar investment, for a good salary of course.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #5668 on: December 04, 2018, 11:35:41 PM »
Apparently on his hols if media are to be believed, could anyone recommend a few sightseeing opportunities for him and the family around West Midlands?

His holiday must be to West Bromwich then given he was at the game last night and had meetings with Moore today

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5669 on: December 05, 2018, 12:49:13 AM »
The "astute" businessman Lai could go to the German Market and buy it for £200m and think he is actually buying Germany because peace told him it was. But, he'd only commit to the purchase of it after doing his due diligence (reading the beano). Peace would then be a consultant/chancellor for a "year" to watch over his latest wunderbar investment, for a good salary of course.

Costs about that much for a beer there doesn't it?

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5670 on: December 05, 2018, 08:30:04 AM »

Ah well, he was expecting us to beat Brentford quite comfortably, then we would have seen the grinning picture of him with his thumb up in the back of a car, being whisked away for another couple of years. His message would have been, carry on as you are.
I think Villa will turn us over, had he been here for that the crowd would have demanded he spend in the January window. Heaven forbid.
I wonder if he get's those three ghosts that used to haunt Jezza?

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5671 on: December 05, 2018, 10:54:16 AM »
Just read in the Express and Star,that were still in an overdraft facility,how come?

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #5672 on: December 05, 2018, 10:59:12 AM »
Just read in the Express and Star,that were still in an overdraft facility,how come?

I have an overdraft facility, don't use it, but its still there.  If it costs nought / very little why wouldn't you, could help mitigate any cashflow concerns
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5673 on: December 05, 2018, 02:58:24 PM »
I have an overdraft facility, don't use it, but its still there.  If it costs nought / very little why wouldn't you, could help mitigate any cashflow concerns

I believe the E & S article said that we were still in overdraft, & would be for some time.
Mainly to pay wages & ongoing transfer debts.
Tend to think that the "small" overdraft described by Jenkins is significantly larger than he originally indicated.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #5674 on: December 05, 2018, 03:09:06 PM »
The overdraft thing I would guess applies to the footballing side given the football side is just one section of the business in the actual Holdings company, it could be wiped out whenever we wanted to if we chose to do so.