Author Topic: Jonathan Leko Joins Blues for Undisclosed Fee  (Read 144239 times)

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

Re: Jonathan Leko
« Reply #325 on: September 20, 2017, 08:16:57 AM »
Getting back to Leko I'm delighted he's doing well at a decent level but lets not get too ahead of ourselves its just been a couple of games so far when the going is good for Bristol City as a club. The main thing is that he's getting competitive games and it will aid his development so much more than being sat on the bench here or playing Under 23 games. With any luck he'll be developing as a person too being away from home for the first time and well out of his comfort zone, this loan could well be the making of him.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #326 on: September 20, 2017, 12:30:23 PM »
Interesting that City made nine changes for last night's encounter with Stoke.

Leko was one of those changes, he wasn't even on the bench.

Very much a first team fixture at Ashton Gate already.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #327 on: September 20, 2017, 12:35:17 PM »
Interesting that City made nine changes for last night's encounter with Stoke.

Leko was one of those changes, he wasn't even on the bench.

Very much a first team fixture at Ashton Gate already.

Cup tied as he played for us at Accrington.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #328 on: September 20, 2017, 12:50:37 PM »
Cup tied as he played for us at Accrington.

Very true, forgot he came on for Rodriguez.

They may well have rested him for last night anyway though given he's been substituted in League games due to running out of steam.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Sted1990

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #329 on: January 01, 2018, 08:09:54 PM »
Recalled from his loan at Bristol City, presumably down to a lack of playing time. A move to Birmingham would make sense

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #330 on: January 01, 2018, 08:23:07 PM »
Wise move, complete waste of time him being there and getting no game time.

smosher34

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #331 on: January 01, 2018, 09:47:16 PM »
Why aint he playing 😕😕

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #332 on: January 01, 2018, 09:49:58 PM »
Why aint he playing 😕😕
Read the thread mate.

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

stoxman

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #333 on: January 01, 2018, 11:46:15 PM »
Read the thread mate.
Hi Dexy,  I couldn't work out why he wasn't playing either.  Couldn't see anything further back in the thread.

I live in Bristol and the City regulars were really split on him.  Some said he started brightly and then faded.  Others said that City are playing so well and he just could t force his way into a winning side.   Any other thoughts?

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #334 on: January 01, 2018, 11:54:11 PM »
He's not good enough yet. Should go back out to league one this time and play games.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #335 on: January 02, 2018, 05:35:42 AM »
Hi Dexy,  I couldn't work out why he wasn't playing either.  Couldn't see anything further back in the thread.

I live in Bristol and the City regulars were really split on him.  Some said he started brightly and then faded.  Others said that City are playing so well and he just could t force his way into a winning side.   Any other thoughts?
You have about summed it up , he got subbed away at Norwich for not tracking back enough and never really got back in.

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #336 on: January 02, 2018, 09:13:45 AM »
He's not good enough yet. Should go back out to league one this time and play games.

Yeah, it's a sign of where we are that players like Leko aren't good enough.  I think some of our fans don't appreciate that when you're in the Premiership it's even harder to bring youth through who can play at that level.  I bet if we were languishing in the Championship then players like Leko would make the first team far easier.

All in all, it would be awesome to bring some youth players through but we have to be realistic that very few will make it.

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #337 on: January 02, 2018, 10:42:49 AM »
Can anyone clear up if Leko can actually go out and play for another club this season? He was on our bench for two games at the start of the season but didn't get on the pitch.

You can only register for two clubs in one season (or is it calendar year?), so not sure he can play for a third.

He/him

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #338 on: January 02, 2018, 10:44:53 AM »
Can anyone clear up if Leko can actually go out and play for another club this season? He was on our bench for two games at the start of the season but didn't get on the pitch.

You can only register for two clubs in one season (or is it calendar year?), so not sure he can play for a third.

There seems to be a loophole with short term loans (3 months or less I believe?). He played for us at Accrington by the way.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #339 on: January 02, 2018, 10:48:31 AM »
Ah I was only looking at the league games. So he's played for two clubs then. My understanding is he can't play for another club, but as you say, could be a loophole for short term loans. Maybe

He/him

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #340 on: January 02, 2018, 10:52:36 AM »

Players may be registered for a maximum of three clubs during the period from 1 July until 30 June of the following year. During this period, the player is only eligible to play in Official Matches for two clubs.

tlms-p23

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #341 on: February 04, 2018, 07:51:27 PM »
There's obviously been a lot of talk in the past 24hrs about Phillips and whether he deserves his place so it's worth noting than Jonathan Leko is back at the club. We recalled him in January and I don't think he's gone back out.

No idea if he's fit or not but Pardew's best Premier League side was the one at Palace when they had a great 12 months January '15-January '16 and Zaha and Bolasie flying down both wings.

Would be great to see him back in the fold. He's just as raw as Burke, if not more so, but he lifts the crowd and is never afraid to run at people. Could do a lot worse than see him running at a tired left back after 75 mins.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/explained-west-brom-recalled-jonathan-14103020

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #342 on: February 04, 2018, 08:00:53 PM »
There's obviously been a lot of talk in the past 24hrs about Phillips and whether he deserves his place so it's worth noting than Jonathan Leko is back at the club. We recalled him in January and I don't think he's gone back out.

No idea if he's fit or not but Pardew's best Premier League side was the one at Palace when they had a great 12 months January '15-January '16 and Zaha and Bolasie flying down both wings.

Would be great to see him back in the fold. He's just as raw as Burke, if not more so, but he lifts the crowd and is never afraid to run at people. Could do a lot worse than see him running at a tired left back after 75 mins.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/explained-west-brom-recalled-jonathan-14103020

Phillips is twice the player Leko is, he's not ready for the prem yet, he needs game time out on loan.

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #343 on: February 04, 2018, 08:21:23 PM »
Phillips is twice the player Leko is, he's not ready for the prem yet, he needs game time out on loan.

But he would get loaned to a championship or league one team.... which is not getting him experience at premiership level.

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #344 on: June 01, 2018, 01:46:40 PM »
Jonathan Leko has signed a new and improved contract to stay at The Hawthorns until the summer of 2021.
Excellent news. I hope he gets an extended run in the a Championship next season.

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #345 on: June 01, 2018, 01:53:35 PM »
Hopefully Moore can round his game off.

CL3MO

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #346 on: June 01, 2018, 01:55:48 PM »
I'd like to think he could push for the first team but numerous head coaches have failed to even have him on the bench. His spell at Bristol City left a lot to be desired, so he has a lot of hard work to do if he is to earn a place in our team.

I'm all for giving youth a chance but there needs to be more than just talent on show.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #347 on: June 01, 2018, 01:56:31 PM »
Massive season for him with us. He needs to apply himself far better as a professional.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #348 on: June 01, 2018, 09:30:21 PM »
Massive season for him with us. He needs to apply himself far better as a professional.
What's he done wrong?
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

smosher34

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #349 on: June 01, 2018, 10:44:49 PM »
Big head by sounds of it needs to knuckle down not go same way as sadio .