Author Topic: 21 Oct 2017 Southampton 1 Albion 0  (Read 64530 times)

Nocky

• WBA Coach

Re: In Game Chat
« Reply #151 on: October 21, 2017, 06:31:02 PM »
I'd bring Phillips on for Rodriguez who is poor yet again.

Needs to play upfront tbf. Looked decent up there against Bournemouth. Got to be better than Rondon surely?!?
"Champions aren't made in the gym. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them - a desire, a dream, a vision."

Muhammad Ali

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #152 on: October 21, 2017, 06:31:06 PM »
Do you guys think it's intentional? Or are the players just incompetent to go forward

I think we invite too much pressure and conceding so many chances is inevitable when you give the opposition that much of the ball, but hey ho

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #153 on: October 21, 2017, 06:31:12 PM »
Yet with the players at our disposal, it looks a talented and very useful squad. It's just you wouldn't think so watching this. 
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

baggiebof

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #154 on: October 21, 2017, 06:31:29 PM »
With the conditions, I fancy us to cause problems from corners attacking that goal in the second half - if we get advanced enough to win a corner that is.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #155 on: October 21, 2017, 06:31:52 PM »
Seems like nobody on here understands that defending is a large part of the game.
so is attacking :o

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #156 on: October 21, 2017, 06:33:00 PM »
Seems like nobody on here understands that defending is a large part of the game.

Why?

maximus

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #157 on: October 21, 2017, 06:33:16 PM »
Expected set up by us, Problem is being a counter attack team, You need pace to counter and our five in the middle have none of it.

SC_Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #158 on: October 21, 2017, 06:33:35 PM »
We have barely defended today, they have had a number of clear chances so not sure where you're going with this argument

My point is, is that other squads hate to play against WBA. It frustrates the fans and players. That's Pulis's goal, nobody likes to play a frustrating match. So our tactics our entirely meant to annoy and frustrate. And what frustrates teams more than anything? Missed chances. It is intentional that we give the other team an occasional good chance so that they miss it and get frustrated. The key is not let it be too clear cut. The whole match-flow is entirely in the control of the Baggies. Don't let possession % fool you otherwise.

Blowee

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #159 on: October 21, 2017, 06:33:42 PM »
so is attacking :o
Not our game it's not!

we8seals

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #160 on: October 21, 2017, 06:34:34 PM »
Can we get a new bloke in charge before second half start please.

Jordie1471

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #161 on: October 21, 2017, 06:34:50 PM »
Flinging 10 men behind the ball in every single game doesn't make a team good at defending.

Playing a back 4 rather than a back 10 and keeping it tight/solid is what makes a team good at defending.

What Tony Pulis does isn't anything special and its mad that he sometimes gets respect/credit for it when we do happen to steal a 0-0 or 1-0

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #162 on: October 21, 2017, 06:35:30 PM »
My point is, is that other squads hate to play against WBA. It frustrates the fans and players. That's Pulis's goal, nobody likes to play a frustrating match. So our tactics our entirely meant to annoy and frustrate. And what frustrates teams more than anything? Missed chances. It is intentional that we give the other team an occasional good chance so that they miss it and get frustrated. The key is not let it be too clear cut. The whole match-flow is entirely in the control of the Baggies. Don't let possession % fool you otherwise.

What?! We intentionally let them create chances so they can miss them and frustrate the fans? Alright then mate, keep smoking whatever it is you are smoking.

Blowee

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #163 on: October 21, 2017, 06:35:44 PM »

Let's see if you agree with this after Man City at home next week  :D

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #164 on: October 21, 2017, 06:35:53 PM »

Got a link to the game your watching?

clearly different to the one the rest of us are watching.

Sted1990

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #165 on: October 21, 2017, 06:36:36 PM »
If Livermore is being asked to play DM we may aswell play Yacob who would offer us much more protection. We need brunt aswell, at least we can guarantee a better ball of corners and free kicks.

Phillips has been awful this season so I understand his exclusion of late.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #166 on: October 21, 2017, 06:37:22 PM »
Nice to see us continuing to control this game by letting Southampton have all the ball this half...

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #167 on: October 21, 2017, 06:38:58 PM »
He certainly good at turning them into non footballers
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

we8seals

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #168 on: October 21, 2017, 06:39:14 PM »

Seriously? If you can really make sense of our approach and think this a sensible way to play against a team low on confidence who can't win at home and don't score goals then I suspect you have been on the special brew since breakfast. If I have to see much more of this tripe I think I might try that!

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #169 on: October 21, 2017, 06:40:31 PM »
Pathetic play !

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #170 on: October 21, 2017, 06:40:40 PM »
lost for words.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #171 on: October 21, 2017, 06:40:56 PM »
G-Mac coming on now  ;D

breakfastbaggie

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #172 on: October 21, 2017, 06:41:58 PM »
this is unwatchable..

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #173 on: October 21, 2017, 06:42:12 PM »
Are we on Mogadon?

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #174 on: October 21, 2017, 06:42:37 PM »
G-Mac coming on now  ;D
Can't believe we are going even more defensive.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure