Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2534375 times)

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #1000 on: October 25, 2014, 09:45:49 AM »

I think he is the most talented attacking player we have had since Koumas(Lukaku not included as he was a Chelsea player), I had real fears he would squander his abilities in the same way. Really pleased to see he has listened to someone and changed the direction he was heading in last year.

« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 09:48:43 AM by BoingFlyer »
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1001 on: October 25, 2014, 10:04:44 AM »
I think he is the most talented attacking player we have had since Koumas(Lukaku not included as he was a Chelsea player), I had real fears he would squander his abilities in the same way. Really pleased to see he has listened to someone and changed the direction he was heading in last year.

Hilarious comparison!

Not in the same league
Baggie in Southampton

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1002 on: October 25, 2014, 10:08:52 AM »
Hilarious comparison!

Not in the same league

Untrue. Sheer technical ability-wise Koumas was very, very high class. Ask Steven Gerrard.

richjonawba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1003 on: October 25, 2014, 10:15:01 AM »
Hilarious comparison!

Not in the same league

I hope by that you mean Berahino isnt in the same league as Koumas, rather than the other way round.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1004 on: October 25, 2014, 10:18:23 AM »
The headline for that video clip doesn't really help. He makes a good point when it comes to him clearly needing to continue to improve but I think its fairly obvious its been made to be controversial and to get people talking and they have certainly succeeded.

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1005 on: October 25, 2014, 11:18:06 AM »

Sessegnon for starters is way more talented than Koumas was. There's numerous others who fit that criteria from recent years too, namely Odemwingie and Gera.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 11:21:54 AM by Dan »

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1006 on: October 25, 2014, 11:20:09 AM »
Sessegnon for starters is way more talented than Koumas was. There's numerous others who fit that criteria from recent years too, namely Odemwingie and Gera.

No.

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1007 on: October 25, 2014, 11:26:42 AM »

No.

What a well worded rebuttal.

Sessegnon blows Koumas out the water in natural ability. Premier league sides fear Sessegnon in a way they rarely, if ever did for Koumas. It's hilarious how overrated Koumas is by our fans, he had a few good years in the championship and did precious little bar one goal against Man United in his premier league career - he was particularly awful for Wigan. You'd expect to have at least seen a few glimpses of this supposed amazing talent like we did in the championship. Instead it turns out that at the highest level teams just weren't scared of Koumas and his natural ability didn't see him have even fleeting moments of glory like it does with Sessegnon.

Odemwingie and Gera were also both as/more skillful, but more effective players. Certainly with Odemwingie i'm wondering how anyone could possibly think Koumas was more talented? In pretty much every conceivable way Odemwingie beats him.

There's tonnes of players with terrible attitudes that still have decent top level careers based on raw natural ability, that Koumas never had a top level careers is telling he wasn't this world player of the year in waiting some of our fans think him to be.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 11:31:28 AM by Dan »

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1008 on: October 25, 2014, 11:53:24 AM »

Untrue. Sheer technical ability-wise Koumas was very, very high class. Ask Steven Gerrard.

A player that only really performed in the Championship!

Odemwingie, Gera, Kevin Phillips, Sess all proven Premiership performers of a far higher standard than the massively over rated Koumas, never understood the Koumas love in, a failed pro, defensively incompetent, selfish and petulant.
Baggie in Southampton

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1009 on: October 25, 2014, 11:56:35 AM »

Steven Gerrard always said he couldnt get near Koumas....

But Koumas never lived up to his ability which was a shame as he could have gone to the very top

Berahino has the potential same as Koumas did, its up to Saido to realise his
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

Baggie Boy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1010 on: October 25, 2014, 12:04:26 PM »

But Koumas never lived up to his ability which was a shame as he could have gone to the very top

Very true, if I'm correct he also said that Koumas was not very physical, a kick and he would go missing  for the rest of the match.

Berahino is a tad more physical and I think a little more of a rounded player. Hopefully he can tap into this and become an Albion legend!

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1011 on: October 25, 2014, 12:04:41 PM »

This is the point I'm making but some people seem ignorant to that. Koumas never reached the levels his talent deserved him to but in terms of natural ability he was truly top class. Had he had the application and dedication that matched his natural ability he'd have been an England regular and one of the best players in the world.

collins101

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1012 on: October 25, 2014, 12:22:36 PM »
He's Welsh ;)

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1013 on: October 25, 2014, 12:33:09 PM »
He's Welsh ;)

Well, sort of Welsh - Scouse. We'd have claimed him. ;D ;)

Jeremy Roland Peace

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1014 on: October 25, 2014, 01:19:31 PM »
You would expect better from a professional newspaper wouldn't you? Just a let down.

I wouldn't class the brum Mail as professional these days with some of the rubbish they've been running lately.

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1015 on: October 25, 2014, 01:29:49 PM »
A player that only really performed in the Championship!

Odemwingie, Gera, Kevin Phillips, Sess all proven Premiership performers of a far higher standard than the massively over rated Koumas, never understood the Koumas love in, a failed pro, defensively incompetent, selfish and petulant.

That's the point I was making he had the potential and talent to be the best but wasted it. I'm very glad Berahinio has got control of his ego and is applying himself in a way that Koumas never did.
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1016 on: October 25, 2014, 01:40:55 PM »
Completely agree. Some people on here go on like Koumas was the next Messi. He wasn't.

He was far too good for the Championship and on his day he was a very good Premiership player, but sadly that was it. Remember the quality was less even back then. You could argue Dorrans was/is better than Koumas too - he absolutely destroyed the championship under Di Matteo.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1017 on: October 25, 2014, 01:55:00 PM »
Completely agree. Some people on here go on like Koumas was the next Messi. He wasn't.

He was far too good for the Championship and on his day he was a very good Premiership player, but sadly that was it. Remember the quality was less even back then. You could argue Dorrans was/is better than Koumas too - he absolutely destroyed the championship under Di Matteo.

Because this is the Berahino thread I won't get into how much better Koumas was than Dorrans. In fact the posts on this thread about Jason the only name mentioned who was better is Odemwingie. Who is/was also better than Berahino.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1018 on: October 25, 2014, 02:29:17 PM »
Totally agree Odewingie was a class player he had a side to his game I don't think Berahino will ever have.

That said I think Berahino will be a much more prolific striker

Different players though would have made a great partnership

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

Floydy

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1019 on: October 25, 2014, 07:23:56 PM »
Quiet for much of today, but fair play he has the confidence and front to take and convert the penalty. Especially as Puncheon was on the floor for a good couple of mins before the kick was taken.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 08:40:59 PM by Floydy »
Twitter: @floydy1983

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1020 on: October 25, 2014, 08:37:13 PM »
Agreed very good penalty, was quiet today and should have done better from the open goal from the edge of the box which was blazed over. Still, more promising signs from the lad. I just hope someone starts scoring for Liverpool soon.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

baggie53

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1021 on: October 25, 2014, 08:46:52 PM »

Well, sort of Welsh - Scouse. We'd have claimed him. ;D ;)
He was a regular in the Wales team
Vorwärts die Breiten Hosen !

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1022 on: October 25, 2014, 08:49:59 PM »
agree , sess is the best we have had for ages..
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1023 on: October 25, 2014, 09:06:53 PM »
agree , sess is the best we have had for ages..
Agreed but Sess was taken out of the game too easy today by Jedinak IMO.

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1024 on: October 25, 2014, 10:02:34 PM »
This may sound over critical but, he needs to vary his penalty kick, wide right of the keeper every time will leave him vulnerable to the best keepers.
Baggie in Southampton