Author Topic: You have no ambition for this club Mr Peace.  (Read 49055 times)

divinewind

• WBA Coach

You have no ambition for this club Mr Peace.
« on: August 31, 2011, 06:35:36 PM »
Another summer over,another window almost closed.Stoke and the vile are involved in deals like there is no tomorrow.

Us,we have sold another player to leave us even more threadbare in the LB position.

Everyone knows we need a defender of quality,but we have not signed one,just a 30 year old on a free,i bet you love that word eh mate?

Brum are selling Jerome and Dann for a combined total of £9m.Surely after all the seasons we have had in the prem and the parachute payments £9m would not have folded us.

next time you visit the ground old chum look at the proud name above the entrance.

it says WEST BROMWICH ALBION FOOTBALL CLUB.

WEST BROMWICH BUILDING SOCIETY is on the High street.

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

Re: You have no ambition for this club Mr Peace.
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 06:37:31 PM »
Villa have signed one player haven't they? Selling their best 2 players as well.

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 06:38:00 PM »
Isnt it worth waiting until after the windows closed for this post?

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 06:40:42 PM »
Isnt it worth waiting until after the windows closed for this post?

Probably.But we have been here before haven't we,last day last hour one last panic buy.

You would have thought he would have learned by now,got players in early to work with what we have and give the wonderful fans the team they deserve.

But no,same old Jeremiah.

RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 06:42:24 PM »
Right, Hodgson has asked specifically for Foster, Long, Gera and Mcauley - he got them all.

Now does anyone here for sure know that Hodgson wants anybody else? The interviews he's done certainly indicate not and we wouldn't want to push players on him after the rubbish spouted on here about Peace "forcing" Luke Moore onto Mowbray.

Can anyone confirm that Roy has suddenly become either a liar or a puppet after 30 odd successful years in management or is it just another excuse to throw wild accusations towards peace?
I only go for the beer.

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2011, 06:43:12 PM »
We needed a defender.Now we need two.

wba1993dave

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2011, 06:44:46 PM »
I think the team is strong enough to stay up , we still may get Onuhua in yet who will improve the defence at Right back or center back , BUT if were going to push on in this league say Europa League or top ten , then we are going to need a new investor , Jeremy Peace just isn't rich enough like Peter Coates or the fulham chairman to splash 10 million on crouch or 10 million on ruiz
BOING BOING

Lloydy

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2011, 06:46:00 PM »
It seems "the club" (which I'm going to take as everyone, Hodgson, Ashworth and Peace) regard signing a new defender as a bonus, whilst most fans see it as a necessity. If we don't strengthen the defence in the next four hours, and end up going down because, once again, we can't keep clean sheets, they are ALL to blame. In fact, Hodgson should take most of the blame for me if that does happen, after 30 years in the game I'll be stunned if he thinks we can get by with only Shorey as a recognised left back, square pegs in round holes at right back and no "statement of intent" signing in central defence.
No no, no no no no, no no no no, no no shots on target.......

kie the baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2011, 06:50:12 PM »
i can see your frustations bud, but i would hate to see our club fall in the wrong hands look at brum, portsmouth, leeds etc. but seriously there must be money in the pot. i cant beleive blackburn are signing dann, absolutely gutted that may keep them up.

popbaggie28

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2011, 06:51:44 PM »
West Bromwich Albion sporting and technical director Dan Ashworth talking on BBC Radio 5 live about how to work the transfer window: "It's an on-going process, you tend to look one or two windows in advance. Since I've been doing this job we've changed leagues nearly every year, apart from last year where we stayed up. We tend to run with two lists and try to plan ahead. Of course, the one thing you can't plan for is injuries, or people coming in for your better players, instead you tend to work on weaknesses in your squad. All clubs have expectations, you're always under pressure. I'm not under as much as the manager, who live result to result, week to week. For me it's a bit longer term."

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2011, 06:52:37 PM »
Why is whenever we fail to sign players we need, the same clubs get trotted out ? portsmouth, Leeds etc.

We will never end up like those clubs, ffs they were paying wages double what players were asking when they walked through the door (Seth Johnson for example).

You can spend money without going bust or breaking the bank. Players have been available this Summer on free transfers (Woodgate, Upson) better than we have.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2011, 06:53:36 PM »
i can see your frustations bud, but i would hate to see our club fall in the wrong hands look at brum, portsmouth, leeds etc. but seriously there must be money in the pot. i cant beleive blackburn are signing dann, absolutely gutted that may keep them up.

Thats what i mean mate,we surely could afforded to pay £5m rather than let him go to a rival.Johnson to wolves too.

Don't get me wrong,our squad is good,but being inactive while our rivals strengthen key positions leaves us vulnerable.

baggyman68

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2011, 06:57:02 PM »
" instead you tend to work on weaknesses in your squad. All clubs have expectations, you're always under pressure. I'm not under as much as the manager, who live result to result, week to week. For me it's a bit longer term."

The weakeness in our team is and has been the defence for the last few years, perhaps if he was under as much pressure as the manager he might address the problem!!!!

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2011, 07:07:12 PM »
A negative post by Divinewind?!  :o ::)

Roy asked for three key players, he got them, he's said that himself, unless of course you believe him to be a liar?

The improved contracts of Mulumbu, Pete, Brunt and Olsson alone must have added £5mill to the wage bill.

We've got two like for like players to cover Zuivi and Meitei, yes on a free, but also a young lad with 200+ appearances already and an international captain. Neither of whom have you yet seen play (bournemouth can't be counted properly)

The window isn't even closed yet, but even if it was then yes, this isn't perfect, but it's also yet another improvement, year on year we've been doing it and you've apparently not noticed.

After Pete dared try to pay peace at his own game a bit to get a better contract for himself you called him many many negative things, including a pr!ck... when you were told to hush up you swore to never come back.... We want as many baggies here as possible, but do you not get tired of being so angry and negative constantly??? When/if you ever have a valid point it becomes lost in the endless sea of all your other constant complaints!
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2011, 07:08:16 PM »
I have more than most backed Peace over the last few years but what I dont understand with what Ashworth said is that obviously we are after a player, but to suggest that only on loan would mean that we dont have the funds to pay or we refuse to pay the fee to me which I find ming boggling

Lloydy

• WBA Manager

« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2011, 07:09:14 PM »
Roy asked for three key players, he got them, he's said that himself, unless of course you believe him to be a liar?

I don't think he's a liar, but if he thinks we don't need more defenders then he is a fool.
No no, no no no no, no no no no, no no shots on target.......

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2011, 07:10:18 PM »
There's still 4 hours left before the window shuts. Even so, I think having the title as 'You have no ambition for this club Mr Peace' is a little unfair. Compare this summer to most of our previous summers put together:

1) Broke the clubs record signing by bringing in a decent striker,
2) Brought in one of our old favorites (Gera) plus four other signings which has strengthened the squad,
3) Set plans to add to the grounds capacity,
4) Upgraded the pitch to European playing conditions.

If these are considered as having no ambition, then I'm sorry, but there is no pleasing you. The first two will help us (hopefully) with our finishing position, which I'm guessing the club see it as realistic to be qualifying for Europe within the next 5 years, which brings us to number 4. And hopefully by the time we're playing in Europe, number 3 will be taken care of.

I agree that we need a defender, but I don't consider this summer to be a loss by any stretch. Personally, I don't care what our rivals are doing. It's all about the blue and white stripes.  :-*

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2011, 07:12:29 PM »
A negative post by Divinewind?!  :o ::)

The improved contracts of Mulumbu, Pete, Brunt and Olsson alone must have added £5mill to the wage bill.

We've got two like for like players to cover Zuivi and Meitei, yes on a free, but also a young lad with 200+ appearances already and an international captain. Neither of whom have you yet seen play (bournemouth can't be counted properly)

The window isn't even closed yet, but even if it was then yes, this isn't perfect, but it's also yet another improvement, year on year we've been doing it and you've apparently not noticed.

After Pete dared try to pay peace at his own game a bit to get a better contract for himself you called him many many negative things, including a pr!ck... when you were told to hush up you swore to never come back.... We want as many baggies here as possible, but do you not get tired of being so angry and negative constantly??? When/if you ever have a valid point it becomes lost in the endless sea of all your other constant complaint

I have been a baggie all my life mate,and i certainly don't see myself as negative.I am a very outgoing forward person.

if everything is tickety boo at the club i feel no need to come on eher so everyone can nod with me.

It's when i have genuine concerns for our club that i like to share them with like minded people.

We are all albion fans mate and we all have different opinions.

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2011, 07:13:40 PM »

See Ive seen this alot but do you think these two signings; Mcauley and Jones have strengthened the squad? Because the contribution they have made so far we may aswell have had Meite and Zuiverloon in the squad in my opinion.

Also people have said they are on less wages than Meite and Zuiverloon but I would rather have signed two players on the same wages as those two that would have improved the starting 11 than just doing a like for like swap.

Obviously I have not seen them play yet but they dont seem to be having much of a look in.

RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2011, 07:15:22 PM »
No thoughts on Roy not wanting anyone then?

Doesn't suit the argument I suppose.
I only go for the beer.

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2011, 07:17:09 PM »
There's still 4 hours left before the window shuts. Even so, I think having the title as 'You have no ambition for this club Mr Peace' is a little unfair. Compare this summer to most of our previous summers put together:

1) Broke the clubs record signing by bringing in a decent striker,
2) Brought in one of our old favorites (Gera) plus four other signings which has strengthened the squad,
3) Set plans to add to the grounds capacity,
4) Upgraded the pitch to European playing conditions.

If these are considered as having no ambition, then I'm sorry, but there is no pleasing you. The first two will help us (hopefully) with our finishing position, which I'm guessing the club see it as realistic to be qualifying for Europe within the next 5 years, which brings us to number 4. And hopefully by the time we're playing in Europe, number 3 will be taken care of.

I agree that we need a defender, but I don't consider this summer to be a loss by any stretch. Personally, I don't care what our rivals are doing. It's all about the blue and white stripes.  :-*

a very well put post  17GD!

some people on here like to whip themselves up to hysteria pitch when there is no need.

sconesy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2011, 07:17:16 PM »
To say Peace has no ambition is a little flipant......wait until you see the plans for the Halfords Lane! There is no doubt we need a couple of defenders but I still think with Pete and Gera back we will be ok. We have had an horrendous start to the season with Man U, Chelsea and our seemingly never ending nemesis Stoke, but we really do have a run of games where we should expect to score points. One more season in the prem and I would be extremely disappointed not to see 3 or 4 big signings.

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2011, 07:19:01 PM »
No thoughts on Roy not wanting anyone then?

Doesn't suit the argument I suppose.

Obviously thats another arguement but I dont think he can rate Tamas that highly as he didnt play him last year and the person that kept him out was released on a free and early in the summer wasnt he happpy to allow him to go to Lazio.

Obviously he could have seen a different side to him but surely he can see that we need a new defender

Jack Russell

• WBA Coach

« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2011, 07:20:32 PM »
Only one premier league player brought in so far, Gera.The others apart from Foster are unknown in this league.Are we really competing enough to survive
WOOF WOOF  I always come I always care but sometimes bite

Ross

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2011, 07:22:02 PM »
If we don't get a centre half in, questions need to be answered.

We have known about the position since the start of last year.

Poor Poor Poor.

We are in the bottom 3 net spenders in the league