Author Topic: Anything Stoke  (Read 300374 times)

Baggies

• WBA Manager

Re: Anything Stoke
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2011, 10:48:55 PM »
One of the reasons Stoke fans are giving for turning against him. They can see they have spent a lot of money yet still play the worst brand of football in the top 2 divisions.
Boing Boing

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2011, 08:54:13 AM »
Never knew they where a mere 5 points ahead of us, always viewed them as a different class. It would be typical of their season though now to win the next 2 games and get to the magic 40. At the same time I think it's so tight that anyone up to them can still go down. If they where to instead, lose their next 2 games then they'd be in the brown stuff.

Alot of other fans have said how rubbish Stoke's football is this season, but personally I think they'll finish about 14th and be happy with it. It's an odd transition up there, from hoofball to a bit of more class.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2011, 01:31:41 PM »
One of the reasons Stoke fans are giving for turning against him. They can see they have spent a lot of money yet still play the worst brand of football in the top 2 divisions.

I have stuck up for Stoke in the past, I'm all for playing to a teams strengths and they haven't seemed that bad in other games I've seen them play this season but it was awful to watch last night especially in the first half. They just didn't seem to bother mixing it up much, they almost always put their foot through it to lump it to the big men.

jonny

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2011, 01:40:11 PM »
Not many clayheads posting on here post match  :P

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2011, 02:02:43 PM »
The money these guys spend and they seem have got worse.I read somewhere on Oatcake somone say since the departure of Reid they seem to have gone backwards.They aint safe by any means
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Tipton Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2011, 04:49:29 PM »
HOOOOOOOF

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2011, 04:53:56 PM »
Not many clayheads posting on here post match  :P

True, I seem to remember quite a few on here when they win!

I think they are in meltdown on the Oatcake site with all the anti-Pullis and final realisation that they don't play any football !!!!!!

BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2011, 04:55:54 PM »
i would only pay to watch that if i thought it was going to produce a genuine title/european place challenge.To have to put up with it in order to finish somewhere between 15th & 10th would be a total non starter.
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2011, 05:15:58 PM »
I still keep the same opinion that I would rather play like them and finish 12th than play like abit better football and constantly yoyo  :-X

Culver

« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2011, 08:30:23 AM »
I think there might be change in the stroke , but very soon we will see the good result . might be today, tomorrow but not yesterday . Thanks

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2011, 03:38:27 PM »
Losing 2-0 at West Ham, they have been very poor in the first thirty five minutes.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

jonny

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2011, 06:39:45 PM »
Sliding down into the relegation fight now aren't they?

Hoofball novelty is wearing off!

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2011, 11:31:59 PM »
I still think that they will stay up, but they wont finish as high as what they have in previous seasons.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2011, 09:02:01 AM »
Listening to some of their fans it appears that the love affair with Pulis is over.
Replacement manager for next season by the looks.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2011, 12:24:26 PM »
They have been found out at last as teams pick sides to deal with thier strengths - Pullis has tried to expand their game but seems to have reverted to type over the past few months with the Carew signing sending an even bigger signal that he won't change things.

Nice to see them sweating but I think they will dig enough points out to stay up.
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2011, 02:40:14 PM »
Pretty sure they'll stay up, they'll win a couple through sheer chance and probably got a couple of draws.

Although apparently they haven't scored from open play in 9 games, which must surely be a record.

wappingbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2011, 04:00:42 AM »
Obviously very tight down at the bottom with 9+ clubs in the mix...experience shows a team that looked safe at Xmas gets dragged in - is it Stoke this year?- that would be great.

If we had wone the recent match with them we'd be 1 point clear of them at the moment

Aixelsyd

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2011, 05:01:59 AM »
I think Stoke have done aswell as they can with the way they play and other teams are better at counting it now.

TP tried to change the wat they play but has reverted to type so I'd be more surprised if they DON'T get dragged right into the relegation scrap.
On a roundel paly of thirteen argent and azure a missel thrush perched on a hawthorn branch leaved and fructed proper.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2011, 08:07:52 AM »
Would love for them to go down this year, would absolutely love it.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2011, 11:01:36 AM »
If this lot were to get relegated with the Villa and the Wolves i would have the best summer ever.I could cope without football for a few months

BearwoodBaggie

« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2011, 12:09:12 PM »
They are struggling big time and a lot of people keep saying they will get out of it they have the experience etc... Pulis seems to have lost the backing of the fans and most importantly, he isnt getting performances out of his players.

They have played some winnable games recently, us, Blues, West Ham, and they have failed to win any of them but more worryingly they played really poorly. No heart, passion or desire, all the things you associate with Stoke. And if they don't have those qualities, what do they have? Their quality of football alone won't be enough to save them.

I'd be very concerned if I was a Stoke fan. They're on a downward spiral.

Nocky

• WBA Coach

« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2011, 05:25:26 PM »
Interesting statistic- Stoke have only found the net in open play in any competition once since the start of February. That period covers 8 games. Shows that if (and it’s quite a big if) you can nullify their set pieces they have very little else to offer.
"Champions aren't made in the gym. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them - a desire, a dream, a vision."

Muhammad Ali

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2011, 04:15:40 PM »
Did anyone hear our Frank Skinner on Talksport today.Tipped Stoke to go down :D.
They started a bitter Frank Skinner thread on the oatcake

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2011, 01:59:09 PM »
I know they had a good win on Saturday but looking at their remaining fixtures i dont think this lot are out of it yet

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2011, 03:16:29 PM »
Chelsea and Spurs are Stoke's next two games, I carnt see them getting anything from those two matchs.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 02:38:24 PM by alexowen »
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC