Author Topic: Under 23's / Academy Thread  (Read 649378 times)

graka

• Senior Baggie

Re: Under 23's / Academy Thread
« Reply #3725 on: March 18, 2024, 07:17:16 PM »
For anyone with access to Man Utd tv our u21s are on live now

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #3726 on: March 18, 2024, 07:35:25 PM »
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

graka

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3727 on: March 18, 2024, 07:55:19 PM »
Losing 2-0 at half time to an experienced united team according to their commentators
Could have been 4-1 united constantly playing over our left centre half where we seem to be playing a high line and not pressing enough
Positive signs from Hall,whitwell and mfuamba
Our centre half harper Bailey had a first half to forget

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3728 on: March 19, 2024, 05:20:36 PM »
2 Youth players have signed their first professional contracts today, Central Midfielder Ollie Bostock (17) and Centre Back Jamal Mohammed (17, soon to be 18)

Congratulations to both of them and hopefully it leads to 1st team opportunities in the future.

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3729 on: March 19, 2024, 06:47:23 PM »
Villa were a bit slow out of the blocks on these two. Both highly rated.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3730 on: March 19, 2024, 07:06:01 PM »
Villa were a bit slow out of the blocks on these two. Both highly rated.

Beat me to me asking "anyone know if these are meant to be rated?" 😂

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3731 on: March 19, 2024, 07:11:11 PM »
Beat me to me asking "anyone know if these are meant to be rated?" 😂
Ollie Bostock has been with us since the age of 6 !!!!!!!!

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3732 on: March 19, 2024, 07:39:37 PM »
Ollie Bostock has been with us since the age of 6 !!!!!!!!

Clearly I don't follow the kids half as hard as Smethdan suggests 😂

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3733 on: March 19, 2024, 11:01:55 PM »
Clearly I don't follow the kids half as hard as Smethdan suggests 😂

Our interpretations of hard are allegedly open to a subject of your mass debate  >:( .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3734 on: March 19, 2024, 11:09:07 PM »
Our interpretations of hard are allegedly open to a subject of your mass debate  >:( .

This could easily get derailed by yourself Dan so I'll leave it there and congratulate these 2 young lads on hopefully the start of an amazing career with his hopefully!

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3735 on: March 19, 2024, 11:24:35 PM »
This could easily get derailed by yourself Dan so I'll leave it there and congratulate these 2 young lads on hopefully the start of an amazing career with his hopefully!

Ha ha. Apologies over the gloomy looking face. It was meant to be a smiley and tongue in cheek. No offence meant  ;D .

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3736 on: March 20, 2024, 12:08:51 AM »
Ha ha. Apologies over the gloomy looking face. It was meant to be a smiley and tongue in cheek. No offence meant  ;D .

None taken at all 🙂

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3737 on: March 20, 2024, 02:40:41 AM »
2 Youth players have signed their first professional contracts today, Central Midfielder Ollie Bostock (17) and Centre Back Jamal Mohammed (17, soon to be 18)

Congratulations to both of them and hopefully it leads to 1st team opportunities in the future.

I hope they both have a long and brilliant future with us.

Blandy

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #3738 on: March 23, 2024, 06:31:26 PM »

It’s my understanding that pro contracts have been offered to a number of the current U18 group - including Evan Humphries, Archie Kirton, Ben Cisse, Adriel Walker, Deago Nelson & Cole Deeming. That’s in addition to these two plus Harry Whitwell & Kev Mfuamba who were awarded theirs as you know a few months ago. I believe (but not 100% certain) that the two lads signed from Scotland (Mandey & Sule) were signed as pro’s anyway.

If they all accept the terms and sign I make that 12 new pro’s for next season.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3739 on: March 23, 2024, 06:53:44 PM »
It’s my understanding that pro contracts have been offered to a number of the current U18 group - including Evan Humphries, Archie Kirton, Ben Cisse, Adriel Walker, Deago Nelson & Cole Deeming. That’s in addition to these two plus Harry Whitwell & Kev Mfuamba who were awarded theirs as you know a few months ago. I believe (but not 100% certain) that the two lads signed from Scotland (Mandey & Sule) were signed as pro’s anyway.

If the Villa don't fancy them and chuck 'em a shed load of cash I make that 12 new pro’s for next season.

Sneakily edited for you Blandy  ;) .

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3740 on: March 24, 2024, 01:44:22 PM »
Thanks for the info Blandy, very interesting to know (albeit Dan's edit is undoubtedly the reality).

Are there any that have particularly stood out to you? Are Fenton Heard and Layton Love part of that age group? My gut instinct says Heard will be in Villa colours by the summer.
Boing Boing

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3741 on: March 24, 2024, 01:50:53 PM »
Thanks for the info Blandy, very interesting to know (albeit Dan's edit is undoubtedly the reality).

Are there any that have particularly stood out to you? Are Fenton Heard and Layton Love part of that age group? My gut instinct says Heard will be in Villa colours by the summer.
Heard’s already signed a professional contract last year, rejecting an advance from Villa in the process.

Blandy

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #3742 on: March 25, 2024, 03:34:17 PM »

Fenton & Layton are the year above these boys and as Hunnington points out, signed their first pro contracts last year. However, I’m led to believe they were just 1 year contracts so there will need to be negotiations regarding a new deal for them going forward.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3743 on: March 25, 2024, 05:55:57 PM »
Fenton & Layton are the year above these boys and as Hunnington points out, signed their first pro contracts last year. However, I’m led to believe they were just 1 year contracts so there will need to be negotiations regarding a new deal for them going forward.

The one year deals were signed with one year options in the club's favour from memory.

Blandy

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #3744 on: March 26, 2024, 02:38:31 PM »
The one year deals were signed with one year options in the club's favour from memory.

That’s true but you have to be a bit careful with one year options. When you give the first contract you’re essentially saying “We’re not 100% sure about you so we’re hedging our bets”. That’s fine for a lot of players signing their first pro deal, they’re just happy for the opportunity. But if you back that up by ‘just’ adding the second year you’re saying we’re still not 100% about you - and the player is immediately in the last year of his contract.
That’s why there’s often negotiation over a new, improved deal at that point, particularly with players who are rated and may be of interest to others.

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3745 on: April 02, 2024, 09:57:32 AM »
Mo Faal scored a last minute winner for Walsall yesterday bringing him up to 10 for the season. 10 non-penalty goals for a young centre forward in their first season in professional football is good going, hopefully we can get him on a longer contract with his due to expire at the end of the season. Clearly there's something there.

For context he's one of 7 players 21 or under to have scored at least 10 league goals so far this season in the entire league pyramid, so there's not tonnes of players out their doing it.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2024, 10:05:59 AM by Dan »

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3746 on: April 02, 2024, 12:40:30 PM »
Mo Faal scored a last minute winner for Walsall yesterday bringing him up to 10 for the season. 10 non-penalty goals for a young centre forward in their first season in professional football is good going, hopefully we can get him on a longer contract with his due to expire at the end of the season. Clearly there's something there.

For context he's one of 7 players 21 or under to have scored at least 10 league goals so far this season in the entire league pyramid, so there's not tonnes of players out their doing it.

Yes, good for him. I do get to hear a little about him and, apparently, he is very erratic. As you rightly say though, there is something there. Could go either way with him I think.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3747 on: April 03, 2024, 02:24:56 PM »

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3748 on: April 03, 2024, 03:20:21 PM »
Cole Deeming signs 2.5 year pro deal

https://www.wba.co.uk/news/cole-deeming-pens-professional-terms-albion

Never heard of him but just happy to see the sentence doesn’t end with “for Aston Villa.”  ;D
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3749 on: April 03, 2024, 03:21:07 PM »
Never heard of him but just happy to see the sentence doesn’t end with “for Aston Villa.”  ;D

Hahah same mate.

Think this chap is rated but I have no idea really.