Poll

Are you in favour of vaccine passports?

Yes
No
Yes in certain circumstances
Not fussed either way

Author Topic: Vaccine passports  (Read 44865 times)

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

Re: Vaccine passports
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2021, 03:23:18 PM »
Which part of their medical history do they have to show?

Being vaccinated is part of your medical history. What aren't you understanding?
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2021, 03:30:10 PM »
Being vaccinated is part of your medical history. What aren't you understanding?
On that basis you've already told us you have the flu jab, so you yourself have disclosed part of your medical history.
Where's the problem.
Being required to verify that you have had an inoculation isn't in the same mould  as being asked to disclose your entire medical history.
Before you enter the USA you have to fill out an ESTA that has questions on there that people other than medics see.
I think some folks watch too much TV.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

mank baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2021, 03:30:26 PM »
At this point il do anything to get back into the pub  ;D

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2021, 03:38:33 PM »
Would have naturally been applied in some cases such as travel and should be automatic when working in a nursing home having the jab that is, as for pubs, etc it should be their decision.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2021, 03:46:45 PM »
Which part of their medical history do they have to show?

The one saying they have had 2 jabs. Are you confused?

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2021, 03:57:10 PM »
The one saying they have had 2 jabs. Are you confused?

Yes very.
As I've said earlier there are posters on here who willingly testify to having had the flu jab. So in your mind those people have disclosed their medical history to complete strangers on a forum.
People on here have already said that they have had the Corona jab.
Please explain to me what anybody can glean from you saying you have/have not had the jab, apart from the fact that you might not be allowed to mingle in enclosed spaces with the more respectful members of society who have had the jab to help protect themselves and others?

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2021, 04:07:18 PM »
Some people are willing to share their details and that's fine. It is their right. They can get a sticker saying "i'm Covid19 safe" and shout it from the rooftops for all I care.

On the flip side there are people who don't want to share that with complete strangers and that is their right. By law.

In the context of this conversation I don't mind disclosing I've had my first jab and I will have my 2nd. What I won't do is get a 'passport' or wear some badge or whatever identifying my business to people I don't want to know so I can go into a pub.

Foreign travel is different of course. Countries may want to keep citizens of high risk countries out short term. That's their right to.do that.

Don't think that all people who are against covid passports are anti vaxxers. Far from it.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2021, 04:08:38 PM »
Yes very.
As I've said earlier there are posters on here who willingly testify to having had the flu jab. So in your mind those people have disclosed their medical history to complete strangers on a forum.
People on here have already said that they have had the Corona jab.
Please explain to me what anybody can glean from you saying you have/have not had the jab, apart from the fact that you might not be allowed to mingle in enclosed spaces with the more respectful members of society who have had the jab to help protect themselves and others?

I don't care though, it's not my reason for not wanting them, also I divulged that information voluntarily. This isn't that.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2021, 04:10:37 PM »
Some people are willing to share their details and that's fine. It is their right. They can get a sticker saying "i'm Covid19 safe" and shout it from the rooftops for all I care.

On the flip side there are people who don't want to share that with complete strangers and that is their right. By law.

In the context of this conversation I don't mind disclosing I've had my first jab and I will have my 2nd. What I won't do is get a 'passport' or wear some badge or whatever identifying my business to people I don't want to know so I can go into a pub.

Foreign travel is different of course. Countries may want to keep citizens of high risk countries out short term. That's their right to.do that.

Don't think that all people who are against covid passports are anti vaxxers. Far from it.

To say people concerned about vaccines are anti vaxxers is a cheap shot fueled by the main stream media.

If someone wants go abroad then you have no choice over the vaccine passports you have to accept it but if its someone never planning on leaving the UK then they should be under no obligation at all and then we have the discriminatory issues which will come up and some businesses will be taken to court and they will lose.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2021, 04:15:04 PM »
Just to clarify no one should be forced to take any vaccine if people are unclear of my stance.

We have no idea of what the long term effects of taking any of these vaccines are. I decided to have it after consideration and thought the benefits outweigh the risks for me. Others will choose different and that's their right.

I used the term anti-vaxxers as that's the phrase being attached to anyone who is sceptical around Covid19. Myself included.

Said it many times and for over 12 months now the way the media have behaved is appalling.

smosher34

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2021, 09:11:50 PM »
i am not having the vaccine by choice so dead against this passport. its just another way to force you into having the jab.

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2021, 09:17:28 PM »
Boris is not applying passports to pubs and restraunts.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2021, 09:32:52 PM »
i am not having the vaccine by choice so dead against this passport. its just another way to force you into having the jab.
Just interested mate, if it's not too personal a question why have you decided not to have the jab?

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2021, 10:05:14 PM »
Can you get half a passports?😁
Ive decided not to take up the second jab after two weeks being so unwell after the 1st.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2021, 10:07:58 PM »
Ive decided not to take up the second jab after two weeks being so unwell after the 1st.

Sorry to hear that mate. Hope you feel better soon. I felt like.dog turd for 48 hours solid but then next day right as rain. 2 weeks sounds awful
« Last Edit: April 03, 2021, 10:11:34 PM by gazberg »

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2021, 10:16:01 PM »
Sorry to hear that mate. Hope you feel better soon. I felt like.dog turd for 48 hours solid but then next day right as rain. 2 weeks sounds awful
Thanks gazberg, today's the first day my blood pressure is what it should be and not having bloody clots when blowing my nose.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2021, 10:18:52 PM »
Thanks gazberg, today's the first day my blood pressure is what it should be and not having bloody clots when blowing my nose.

That doesn't sound right but I'm no medical expert. Have you given the NHS helpline a call or the local gp

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2021, 10:43:14 PM »
That doesn't sound right but I'm no medical expert. Have you given the NHS helpline a call or the local gp
My Dr has been great and in touch regularly getting my BP readings, watching the match today didn't help.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2021, 10:46:16 PM »
My Dr has been great and in touch regularly getting my BP readings, watching the match today didn't help.

;D

Least you still got a sense of humour through it all. Glad your GP was a help. Hopefully you will be fully recovered soon

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2021, 10:50:36 PM »
Confirmed by Sky that we’ll have confirmation of a confirmation of a plan on Easter Monday  :P

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2021, 11:03:32 PM »

Ask for the Pfizer 2nd jab due to your concerns, generally believed to give you better protection as well.
Baggie in Southampton

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2021, 11:08:45 PM »
Apparently they are trialing a passport system at a live comedy gig. Insane.

For those that love the passport idea they've already said they won't be required to shop or use public transport. So if the people who don't have the vaccine are free to move amongst everyone at will. Again. 12 months + on. What's the point? Is it literally to shame or force everyone into having it and if so how do you square that twisted coercion with your inner self?

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2021, 11:19:37 PM »
Ask for the Pfizer 2nd jab due to your concerns, generally believed to give you better protection as well.
I thought the advice was not to mix the jabs.just checked the leaflet and it does say not to have any other vaccine if different to your 1st.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #48 on: April 03, 2021, 11:21:37 PM »
I thought the advice was not to mix the jabs.just checked the leaflet and it does say not to have any other vaccine if different to your 1st.

It's being tested at the moment, but you need to seek medical advice
Baggie in Southampton

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2021, 07:36:55 AM »
There are two aspects to vaccination, the first is to give protection to yourself, the second is the selfless act of protecting others, if as a result of having my jabs, I gain an advantage in having more liberties because I'm less likely to infect others, so be it.
Baggie in Southampton