Author Topic: Salomon Rondon joins Dalian Yifang  (Read 1129552 times)

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

Re: Salomon Rondon
« Reply #1025 on: March 06, 2016, 06:17:33 PM »
Fantastic today. Especially impressive as he got no help at all from Berahino who was awful.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Baggieman1805

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1026 on: March 06, 2016, 06:24:03 PM »
His confidence grows every game

Really pleased that he's starting to show what we paid big money for  :)

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1027 on: March 06, 2016, 06:27:10 PM »
Great finish today. Worked hard and starting to look a lot fitter too.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1028 on: March 06, 2016, 06:30:32 PM »
Glad to see he is growing in confidence and now we will reap the benefits. delighted for him.

koren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1029 on: March 06, 2016, 06:40:09 PM »
7 goals now, 9 games to go, I think he can hit double figure by the end of season, well done Salomon.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 06:51:25 PM by koren »
The PRIDE of midlands

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #1030 on: March 06, 2016, 06:51:34 PM »
Just shows that a bit of patience helps at times. Too much expectation and demands of immediate impact these days
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1031 on: March 06, 2016, 07:00:10 PM »
Could have chosen to hide a bit after a few tussles with Smalling but never stopped showing for the ball and was pretty immense.
Nice to see Lambert giving him a hug going down the tunnel - he seems popular with the others in the squad.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1032 on: March 06, 2016, 08:59:58 PM »
Whilst Saido's game was a bit off today,  this pair are a real handful for opposition defenders. Crucially, it gives them something to really think about, and it gives us a real outlet especially with Fletcher pushing further upfield.

Delighted for Rondon in particular.  He really looks like he is now enjoying his football.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1033 on: March 06, 2016, 09:16:41 PM »
Whilst Saido's game was a bit off today,  this pair are a real handful for opposition defenders. Crucially, it gives them something to really think about, and it gives us a real outlet especially with Fletcher pushing further upfield.

Delighted for Rondon in particular.  He really looks like he is now enjoying his football.

I think that's another thing that having Saido in there brings us.   It helps take the focus off Rondon, if we were only playing one up top today, Smalling would have had Rondon in his pocket.  Now with those two and Sess (I think it might actually be impossible to tackle Sess), we can occupy their defensive players giving Fletch and Garner time to get forward.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1034 on: March 06, 2016, 10:49:09 PM »
If Rondon keeps playing like he did today, then we are very likely to see some serious bids coming in for him in the summer!

In all seriousness, Berahino will be gone and we need to spend wisely to replace him.  Who do we think would be ideal (and realistic) to buy to play alongside Rondon? 

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1035 on: March 06, 2016, 11:41:58 PM »
I've said all season that he looks a good player but he has been starved of anything resembling decent service (imagine Olsson hoiking 50 yard passes in your general vicinity all season) but not many agreed with me.

Shocking how we start playing to his strengths and he looks a world beater. The reputation he has in South America in an awful Venezuela side speaks volumes

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1036 on: March 06, 2016, 11:57:33 PM »
If Rondon keeps playing like he did today, then we are very likely to see some serious bids coming in for him in the summer!

In all seriousness, Berahino will be gone and we need to spend wisely to replace him.  Who do we think would be ideal (and realistic) to buy to play alongside Rondon? 

Ideally think we would get the best out of him as the central player in a front 3 I am not necessarily suggesting Naismith but that is the sort of player that I would be looking to try and bring in.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

BaggiesFacts

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #1037 on: March 07, 2016, 09:13:43 AM »
Good to see him getting the all round recognition he deserves.

I think a few of us have seen he has the potential, as well as his past record, which speaks for itself.

Yet some on here, only a few weeks ago called him 'utter garbage' as well as saying that 'a dead corpse offers more'.

If that's the case, let's hope we sign a few more garbage players who play as well as a dead corpse would.

He will get past 10 for the season, not bad in a team that has played in the style we have for most of it.
WBAFC - 1878

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1038 on: March 07, 2016, 09:54:19 AM »
I always thought he looks a good player,the way he looks around him when he receives the ball and he's a goalscorer will become a legend,I like his mean streak as well.
HE LEAPS LIKE A SALAMON!

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #1039 on: March 07, 2016, 10:09:55 AM »
The change in the last few weeks has been quite remarkable. I was one who was starting to have doubts about him but since the shackles have been released he has been really impressive. He doesn't appear to be shrugged off the ball easily anymore and he's a better footballer than many give him credit for. Hopefully this spell continues for a while longer yet because with the way we play its vital we have someone who can hold up the ball and bring others into play.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1040 on: March 07, 2016, 10:39:55 AM »
Superb performance from Rondon, gave his absolute all, if Berahino has put in half as much effort yesterday we may have scored a few more
It's Yow Rondon-don, it's yow Rondon!

Jimmy

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1041 on: March 07, 2016, 11:20:46 AM »
Superb performance from Rondon, gave his absolute all, if Berahino has put in half as much effort yesterday we may have scored a few more

Possibly slightly harsh on Berahino. They clearly picked him as the one to mark and press which gave rondon options up the pitch. It was too late by the time they realised Rondon was the threat.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1042 on: March 07, 2016, 11:25:35 AM »
Berahino put a fair old shift in, he was closing players down when we didn't have the ball and he was also making runs to give Rondon space.  A game or two ago Berahino ran the most out of all the players on the pitch and made the most sprints.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1043 on: March 07, 2016, 11:32:06 AM »
Berahino put a fair old shift in, he was closing players down when we didn't have the ball and he was also making runs to give Rondon space.  A game or two ago Berahino ran the most out of all the players on the pitch and made the most sprints.

Seemed quite the opposite for some reason yesterday to the point an exasperated Rondon, spread his arms apart to the static Berahino as if to ask what he was playing at.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

bradleysrocket

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1044 on: March 07, 2016, 11:38:25 AM »
Seemed quite the opposite for some reason yesterday to the point an exasperated Rondon, spread his arms apart to the static Berahino as if to ask what he was playing at.
If it's the time I was thinking of he was asking the ref for a free kick. Rondon and bera get on very well. Bera was poor by his standards but I think his work rate was still high enough.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1045 on: March 07, 2016, 12:13:45 PM »
Rondon was outstanding yesterday. I thought it was the best all round performance from an Albion "number 9" for years. We have an absolute diamond in him and now he's settled and gt a bit of support he looks a proper striker.

Berahino wasn't at his best yesterday but nobody plays well every single game.

Over the last few weeks we're actually looking a decent side and the football we're playing is nowhere near as bad as some like to make out.

Pulis is doing a grand job and us fans should be feeling pretty happy right now.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1046 on: March 07, 2016, 12:28:48 PM »
If he carries on this way come the end of the season the big boys may come sniffing
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Pulisisabaggie

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #1047 on: March 07, 2016, 01:19:02 PM »
If he carries on this way come the end of the season the big boys may come sniffing
Leceister fans want him next year .

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1048 on: March 07, 2016, 03:38:35 PM »

Leicester fans are also talking about people like Griezmann  :o

Then in the next breath saying Walcott and Oxlade-Chamberlain are not good enough for them

Im starting to dislike them now after willing them all season, I hope they get knocked off their perches finish in 4th, get champions league, go out in the qualifiers and have a dreadful season next year

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1049 on: March 07, 2016, 04:08:29 PM »

I said the big boys. I'll be surprised if they can replicate next year what they have done this year.
They could be back to earth next season
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'