Author Topic: Salomon Rondon joins Dalian Yifang  (Read 1128912 times)

elkiellis

• Youth Baggie

Re: Salomon Rondon
« Reply #900 on: February 10, 2016, 11:29:14 PM »
he was awful tonight,his passing is terrible berahino was calling for the pass on 2 occasions and he tried poor shots,ive never seen him have a decent game with a strike partner,the more he is given the ball the worse he looks,ideye brown was better

elkiellis

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #901 on: February 10, 2016, 11:30:51 PM »
It's mind blowing that he is still picking picked as the main striker. He is actively hiding from the ball. Lambert cannot be any worse.
no mate rondon is better than lambert,a road cone would be as useful as lambert

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #902 on: February 10, 2016, 11:31:01 PM »
Wonder why he didn't take a penalty?

It shows what a job we have in summer, assuming we sell Saido, would you really want Rondon\Lambert\Vic as our front players?

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #903 on: February 10, 2016, 11:48:28 PM »

It shows what a job we have in summer, assuming we sell Saido, would you really want Rondon\Lambert\Vic as our front players?
Spot on.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

don1thedon

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #904 on: February 10, 2016, 11:58:26 PM »
Gotta be up for a pen! A Shadow of what we bought

graka

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #905 on: February 11, 2016, 12:24:52 AM »
Wouldn't get in any other prem team

Pulisisabaggie

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #906 on: February 11, 2016, 12:30:14 AM »

HELL NO

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #907 on: February 11, 2016, 01:07:54 AM »
Think the bloke is suffering as a result of us not getting forward to help him. Not prepared to write him off after half a season, give the bloke time to adjust fully to this country as well as the football here before writing him off.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #908 on: February 11, 2016, 01:48:41 AM »
The bigger concern now is over the last few games his head seems to have gone down early in the season he seemed to be happy to chase after lost causes now he just seems worn down by it.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #909 on: February 11, 2016, 02:43:59 AM »
I wish a 2 yard open goal headed chance had fell to him...  :-X
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

sidsockett

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #910 on: February 11, 2016, 08:04:08 AM »
Spot on.

I just think we're not providing him with right type of penalty.

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #911 on: February 11, 2016, 08:09:49 AM »
I wish a 2 yard open goal headed chance had fell to him...  :-X

It pretty much did at west ham

Baggie953

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #912 on: February 11, 2016, 09:17:22 AM »
To me he looks disheartened, no smile on his face, confidence low and playing in a team bereft of creativity!

In the right team I think he will be a good striker so I would stick with him.

Very surprised he didn't take a spot kick though, I thought he would jump at the chance!!

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #913 on: February 11, 2016, 09:24:33 AM »
But can he do it on a cold February night in Peterborough?

No he can't  ;D

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #914 on: February 11, 2016, 09:28:22 AM »
He just doesn't look good enough to me.  Seems like a decent poacher in the 6 yard box but his all round game isn't strong enough.

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #915 on: February 11, 2016, 09:30:02 AM »
Everyone is saying in the right team he can be a good striker and I don't really want to write him off yet after only 6 months but what attributes have people seen in him to say he can be a good striker?

He can't win a header, the ball seems to bounce off him when it comes to him, he loses the ball when runs at players, he has very little pace or strength, has missed sitters when he has had a chance which have cost us points and his passing doesn't look too good especially based in the last two games.

I know that sounds harsh but be seen nothing from him at all except that he works quite hard.

ian66

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #916 on: February 11, 2016, 09:57:58 AM »
Think the bloke is suffering as a result of us not getting forward to help him. Not prepared to write him off after half a season, give the bloke time to adjust fully to this country as well as the football here before writing him off.
Agree with what your saying Oldbury regarding giving him time to adjust to this country. However, surely we should of gave Ideye another season to settle in this country, because for me I feel Ideye had more to offer.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #917 on: February 11, 2016, 10:02:07 AM »
Everyone is saying in the right team he can be a good striker and I don't really want to write him off yet after only 6 months but what attributes have people seen in him to say he can be a good striker?

He can't win a header, the ball seems to bounce off him when it comes to him, he loses the ball when runs at players, he has very little pace or strength, has missed sitters when he has had a chance which have cost us points and his passing doesn't look too good especially based in the last two games.

I know that sounds harsh but be seen nothing from him at all except that he works quite hard.

To be honest I think most people's opinions are based on what he has done at his previous clubs particularly Zenit where he had something like a 1 in 2 goal ratio, plus a little of what we have seen earlier this season.

I have to say the more the season goes on the worse he looks, but I also think there is a good player in there he just needs some confidence and a lot more supply.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #918 on: February 11, 2016, 10:04:26 AM »
Agree with what your saying Oldbury regarding giving him time to adjust to this country. However, surely we should of gave Ideye another season to settle in this country, because for me I feel Ideye had more to offer.

I agree we should have given Ideye more time, its a totally different culture to get used to not just the football, some take to it easy, some need time.

Its yet another player who bangs goals in until he joins us and then they dry up, happened with quite a few over the years.

M666EYS

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #919 on: February 11, 2016, 10:06:42 AM »
Never mind comparing him to Brown Ideye, hes looking more and more like Fabien DeFreitas.

We shouldnt have spent 12m in a a player who offers us very little.
West Bromwich Born, Greets Green Bred

AshD

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #920 on: February 11, 2016, 10:24:53 AM »
He looks completely shot of all confidence...but lets look at the team and setup he is in.

He is often isolated up front...he'd need a set of binoculars to see another Albion player at times. He knows that often when the ball is lamped up to him, he will have no Albion players around him to support. In terms of chances, he gets one or two a game - most strikers will get at least double that per game...she he knows when one chance comes, it might be his only chance - could explain why he's a bit snatchy. Basically the service he gets is dreadful, almost non-existent!

The way he trudged off at half time against Swansea suggests he is completely fed up - his confidence will bound to have been affected by all of this.

His performances of late haven't been good enough, and we need to see an improvement, however it is difficult for any striker in a Pulis team, as we simply don't set up to effectively utilise a centre forward!

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #921 on: February 11, 2016, 10:26:56 AM »
Talking to a neutral friend last night and he reckoned Rondon was the worst player on the pitch and didn't look a professional footballer.

The problem with blaming it on the tactics is that there's time when he has the ball under control and can't make simple passes, or he's expected to hold it up, and it just bounces off him.  Doesn't matter what the tactics are those are the basics.

hunsletbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #922 on: February 11, 2016, 10:41:23 AM »
The best we have looked since christmas was when Rondon and McClean were suspended.

palmaroy

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #923 on: February 11, 2016, 10:49:40 AM »
The best we have looked since christmas was when Rondon and McClean were suspended.
Thats very true.The Newcastle and Stoke games we were miles a better Team
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 09:11:12 PM by MarkW »

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #924 on: February 11, 2016, 11:32:27 AM »
I honestly think that is coincidental.....we played well against Spurs when both were playing.

We seemed to be pushing higher up the pitch for a few games with Fletcher carrying the ball forward more.
Since beating Stoke we've been back to sitting deep as if we have the preset attitude of 'make sure we get a point'.

Also since then we've had the cup distractions and replays and a growing injury list.