Author Topic: Salomon Rondon joins Dalian Yifang  (Read 1129317 times)

glosterbaggie

• WBA Coach

Re: Salomon Rondon
« Reply #550 on: October 17, 2015, 09:58:10 PM »
It was a lucky chance that fell to him

Im certainly not going to beat Rondon with a stick for not scoring when we hardly create a chance  and Berahino scores from a goalkeepers flap.

Rondon needs a goal but we just don't create enough for him and thats not fair on the lad...he must be wondering why he joined a team where the focal point of the team is not used for the job he is best at
I agree but strikers need to score goals. That is what they are employed to do. He and or as well his agent should have researched how we play. A lot of goal are from "goalkeepers flaps" or defenders errors. I hope he gets one soon.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell"
"You can't put a price on being able too live with yourself"As I said to a tory MP

jharman292

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #551 on: October 18, 2015, 08:16:33 AM »
Really feel for this guy. Strikers have to score goals, otherwise the confidence will slowly drain from them and it shows in every part of thier game. He is not the same player i saw at the start of the season. He looked physically drained due to how much running off the ball he is forced to do and yet doesn't get a single chance to feed on. There are no balls behind the defence or into the box from wide positions, in what world can we expect him to get on the scorehseet.

I fear things will get worse for Rondon as his confidence gets even lower because i can't see to many chances coming his way.

bednarsboingboing balls

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #552 on: October 18, 2015, 09:24:12 AM »
Rubbish he has had chances ,another one falling to him from a sweet cross from brunt and they are the ones you have to put away, where do we find these unscoring forwards from? Seems obvious it was never going to happen ,he came from a weaker league and didn't score enough in that league to signify class.

elmo_in_swansea

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #553 on: October 18, 2015, 09:44:41 AM »
Have a bit of sympathy for him this week having played only 4 days ago in Brazil! Not like a jaunt into Europe which most of the others moan about especially Europa league syndrome.
Orihuela CF
@elmo_in_swansea on twitter

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #554 on: October 18, 2015, 10:09:07 AM »
GO on, rip him apart like we always do like some did to Bobby.
FFS don't give him time to settle in to the club,league or country
some fan are unbelievable in their expectations & have no patients .
I would much rather see him on the pitch than Lambert or Anichebe.

richjonawba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #555 on: October 18, 2015, 10:31:03 AM »
It's not his lack of goal scoring which bothers me, most players wouldn't get a load of goals for us with the way we set up, but his lack of movement last few games has been very bothersome. He rarely hit second gear yesterday for the entire 80 or so minutes, you can say he's tired having been away on international duty but if that's the case he shouldn't be starting. Anichebe gets all sorts of stick for not putting a shift in, I see no difference so far between the two players, in fact at least Vic can win a header and hold the ball up effectively, two things I have witnessed no evidence of from Rondon.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #556 on: October 18, 2015, 11:47:40 AM »
He looks quality and gets into the right positions so let's give him time, I'm more worried about Lambert who looks over weight

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #557 on: October 18, 2015, 12:04:43 PM »
He looks quality and gets into the right positions so let's give him time, I'm more worried about Lambert who looks over weight
This is the reason that I call him the legend.
He needs to shift a couple of stone.

jharman292

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #558 on: October 18, 2015, 12:28:16 PM »
This is the reason that I call him the legend.
He needs to shift a couple of stone.

I sit quite low in the Brummie Road and Lambert looked visibly thinner to me. Certainly shifted a bit of timber.

baggie53

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #559 on: October 18, 2015, 08:47:03 PM »
I don't think we can really judge Rondon with the way we play. He seems to be the type of forward who needs crosses or the ball played in front of him.

Chelsea play in the same way as us (albeit with much better players) and rely on strikers creating a lot for themselves, which is why Falcao has struggled with them. Of course the other difference is their midfield trio weigh in with a lot of goals, or did up til this season
Vorwärts die Breiten Hosen !

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #560 on: October 18, 2015, 08:50:41 PM »
I sit quite low in the Brummie Road and Lambert looked visibly thinner to me. Certainly shifted a bit of timber.

Agreed, Did well when he came on too.
the regime don't like it man

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #561 on: October 18, 2015, 10:33:59 PM »
He looks pretty useless but the attack and service is worse than useless so I'm not writing him off yet. Perhaps we should stop spending £10m in strikers who have never played in the prem or a decent European league (Russia does not count). Mbonkani who went to norwich on a loan looks a better player and has a better goal ratio and career record. Still if we had Gnabry and Mcmanaman delivering crosses and a midfielder running past him he might have a chance. Sadly he's currently chasing the opposition back four around by himself until he falls over.

Baggieblood

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #562 on: October 19, 2015, 05:27:37 PM »
Being our record signing is the kiss of death for anyone we sign.

I don't know another that has failed with all their record signings.

Last good one i can quickly recall is jason Roberts over 15 years ago.

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #563 on: October 19, 2015, 06:52:59 PM »
He looks pretty useless but the attack and service is worse than useless so I'm not writing him off yet. Perhaps we should stop spending £10m in strikers who have never played in the prem or a decent European league (Russia does not count). Mbonkani who went to norwich on a loan looks a better player and has a better goal ratio and career record. Still if we had Gnabry and Mcmanaman delivering crosses and a midfielder running past him he might have a chance. Sadly he's currently chasing the opposition back four around by himself until he falls over.
Russia doesn't count but Belgium and Ukraine do? Remember Mbokani has failed in both France (Monaco) and Germany (Wolfsburg), whereas Rondon SUCCEEDED in Spain (Malaga).

I think it's the way he's being asked to play, he tries to lay the ball off to players too often, but that is what the target man in this set up is expected to do, except he isn't really a target man, he's just tall. Ironically Anichebe is better at what Pulis wants, Rondon would be better in saido's role where he can make runs in and be fed the ball, rather than trying to create for someone else. We saw this with how he played when he first came, making runs behind the opposition to pull them away from either himself or a team mate. He doesn't do that anymore, either because he's realised it gets him nowhere, or that he's been asked not to and to be a useless lump up front.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #564 on: October 19, 2015, 08:38:44 PM »
I agree Huntington, scoring in the top Spanish league is hardly a joke, he has good pedigree - it's not like Brown Ideye who toured the obscure leagues.

I think Rondon is a good player but he will never get many goals under Pulis, but that is because of Pulis being so negative with little chances created. If Rondon were playing for a Swansea or Southampton you can guarantee he'd be scoring a lot more.
Personally I'm happy to have him start, to me he's proven he's good enough and just needs a few decent crosses and he'll score.

spencer Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #565 on: October 19, 2015, 09:22:15 PM »
Diego Costa would struggle to score in our team, such is our inability to create chances.

Poor Rondon must wonder what he did wrong to end up playing our style of football.
Winning is the ability to go from one defeat to another with no loss of enthusiasm - Churchill.

baggyman68

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #566 on: October 19, 2015, 10:24:08 PM »
Its  not whether our strikers can score or not its the lack of good chances being made for them.
The squad is unbalanced and lacks quality.
Makeshift full backs putting pressure on the wingers to always have to double up. Always having to have two defensive midfielders because the ones in front of them are not trusted to go forward and do some defensive work. We need central midfielders who can hold the ball without constantly passing backwards and are able to pick a through ball to the strikers.
Wingers who can cross a ball to one of our players or drop a shoulder and go past a defender.
I think I feel a bit sorry for Pulis sometimes when he looks to our bench and the best he has on there is gardner.
Money needs to be spent!

elkiellis

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #567 on: October 19, 2015, 11:15:39 PM »
Its  not whether our strikers can score or not its the lack of good chances being made for them.
The squad is unbalanced and lacks quality.
Makeshift full backs putting pressure on the wingers to always have to double up. Always having to have two defensive midfielders because the ones in front of them are not trusted to go forward and do some defensive work. We need central midfielders who can hold the ball without constantly passing backwards and are able to pick a through ball to the strikers.
Wingers who can cross a ball to one of our players or drop a shoulder and go past a defender.
I think I feel a bit sorry for Pulis sometimes when he looks to our bench and the best he has on there is gardner.
Money needs to be spent!

you feel sorry for pulis,who is it that picks the makeshift fullbacks,who is that picks all the defensive midfielders,who is it that puts gardner anywhere near the 1st team,who is that's spent 14m on mac and chester,both who wont play,if I were peace I wouldn't trust pulis with anymore money
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 11:25:25 AM by B_H_Baggie »

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #568 on: October 20, 2015, 12:21:10 PM »
As previous.
Pulis makes his own decisions and has to be accountable for them.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #569 on: October 20, 2015, 12:25:51 PM »
even Lambert would score in a decent team
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #570 on: October 20, 2015, 12:27:35 PM »
even Lambert would score in a decent team
Stupid boy as Captain Mainwaring would say. lol
He couldn't score in a free brothel.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #571 on: October 20, 2015, 12:30:07 PM »

well i did in munich and i aint no good either :)
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

baggyman68

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #572 on: October 20, 2015, 03:37:55 PM »
you feel sorry for pulis,who is it that picks the makeshift fullbacks,who is that picks all the defensive midfielders,who is it that puts gardner anywhere near the 1st team,who is that's spent 14m on mac and chester,both who wont play,if I were peace I wouldn't trust pulis with anymore money
ok he has put square pegs in round holes but with the massive under investment in the squad for the past few seasons and misguided panic buys that have wasted what we have spent  what else can he do? Was Mac his choice? Didn't we have a director in place then?
Nothing will change unless he gets enough money to go out and buy three or four decent players.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #573 on: October 20, 2015, 04:14:46 PM »
I'm with elkiellis on this one, JP doesn't have a bottomless pit and what he has been able to invest has largely been squandered by a succession of managers.
Ask yourself how many of the current first team squad are the result of sizeable investments?

Myhill,
Dawson, Gmac
, Evans, Brunt
Yacob, Fletcher
McLean, Morrison, Sessegnon, Macmanaman, Gardner
Bera, Rondon, Lambert,

Hardly a glowing report is it ?

As for TP, he can point to Jonny evans, otherwise???

If I were JP, I would be telling TP get shut of the players you don't use before you ask for more money for signings / wages.

the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #574 on: October 20, 2015, 04:33:25 PM »

He's hardly played to be fair. I do remember him scoring some great goals in pre season against the likes of Bristol Rovers. I think if given chance he can become a good player here, it's a long season.

I also think Rondon has the quality to become a success here.
the regime don't like it man