Author Topic: Salomon Rondon joins Dalian Yifang  (Read 1128868 times)

Baggieblood

• Baby Baggie

Re: Salomon Rondon
« Reply #350 on: August 10, 2015, 01:18:38 PM »
Fair play to the itk if he signs, but to let a player train with his prospective new club for 2 days whilst waiting for international clearance just sounds wrong.

What if was injured badly, cannot imgaine pulis training methods being a gentle 5 side with him up front like fat ron, and int clearance is not forthcoming whose picking up his wages?

monkey nuts

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #351 on: August 10, 2015, 01:28:41 PM »
wouldn't have been to heavy a session sat and sun with game today anyway mate

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #352 on: August 10, 2015, 01:34:26 PM »
Whatever the formation, with Rondon appearing to be and Lambert to a lesser extent both somewhat target men, Berahino would be more effective playing slightly off them. I'd hate to see Lambert missing out because his signing has given me more confidence than any other, including Rondon.
Agreed well happy with the signing of Lambert a proven premiership player with the right sort of attitude.

Mikkyk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #353 on: August 10, 2015, 01:39:26 PM »
I think its a case of Saido plus one of Lambert / Rondon at home

Away from home, any ones guess, likely dependant on oppo.

Vic / Ideye will have to get used to more warming the bench / cup games IMO.

If Rondon does come in, I think Vic/Ideye will both be lucky to get on the bunch or a game in the cup

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #354 on: August 10, 2015, 02:27:40 PM »
If Rondon does come in, I think Vic/Ideye will both be lucky to get on the bunch or a game in the cup
I think Vic's best chance is a loan move, just not sure his style is suited to the Championship physios.  ;)
Feel for Brown, been a consummate professional so would love him to come good, don't think he'll get the chance now.

Pie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #355 on: August 10, 2015, 02:41:32 PM »
I think Vic's best chance is a loan move, just not sure his style is suited to the Championship physios.  ;)
Feel for Brown, been a consummate professional so would love him to come good, don't think he'll get the chance now.

True About Ideye, you cannot fault his effort and work rate. I think we should keep him as 4th choice and let Vic go.

He could learn from Lambert and Rondon I'm sure.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #356 on: August 10, 2015, 02:55:20 PM »
True About Ideye, you cannot fault his effort and work rate. I think we should keep him as 4th choice and let Vic go.

He could learn from Lambert and Rondon I'm sure.

Good Call, Ideye can improve,  Can Vic??? I doubt it !
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

mrmojorisin

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #357 on: August 10, 2015, 03:19:03 PM »
I agree that between Ideye and Sick Note, Ideye is the one to keep.  The problem is that I think Anichebe is unsellable whereas Ideye would command a reasonable fee.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #358 on: August 10, 2015, 03:20:22 PM »
I agree that between Ideye and Sick Note, Ideye is the one to keep.  The problem is that I think Anichebe is unsellable whereas Ideye would command a reasonable fee.

Another good point, Vic could become the new Ishmael Miller
Albion Family !!!

AshD

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #359 on: August 10, 2015, 03:23:48 PM »
I'd like to see us keep Ideye over Big Vic, as I think he did actually show signs of improvement under Pulis, and with Big Vic's injury problems and the fact he seems to have the heart the size of a pea, I feel Ideye would be worth the place in the squad more. There also something likeable about Ideye, he seems to have a likeable personality and good attitude.

That said, if we have Saido, Rondon and Lambert, one of the above need to be moved on and I think there is more chance of us getting a decent fee for Ideye than Vic.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #360 on: August 10, 2015, 03:25:10 PM »
doesn't bode well for the Nabi's either
Albion Family !!!

AshD

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #361 on: August 10, 2015, 03:33:06 PM »
Adil Nabi has scored a lot of goals in the U21s but didn't make our bench at end of last season, where Leko and Roberts were preferred. That would suggest there are doubts as to whether he's good enough???

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #362 on: August 10, 2015, 03:46:20 PM »
Have to admit i know nothing about Rondon but those who do seem to like him.

I would think with him being a big powerhouse by all accounts it would be Anichebe on his way as he will replace him for that type of player in the squad.

That said, as much as i like Ideye's effort and likeability, i think as a impact player for the last 30 x minutes (which is where Anichebe / Ideye will be used as 4th choice striker i would think) Anichebe changes games better than Ideye.

I bet both Anichebe and Ideye will be better for doing a Pulis preseason but they probably will not get the chance to show it due to Lambert and Rondon who are improvements, they probably both missed their chance to shine enough last season and Pulis has gone elsewhere.

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #363 on: August 10, 2015, 03:56:09 PM »
Adil Nabi has scored a lot of goals in the U21s but didn't make our bench at end of last season, where Leko and Roberts were preferred. That would suggest there are doubts as to whether he's good enough???
i read somewhere that Pulis believes the old method held players back too long and That they should be introduced earlier.

addy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #364 on: August 10, 2015, 04:13:21 PM »
annnd its done.

West Bromwich Albion @WBAFCofficial
NEW SIGNING: Albion confirm the club-record transfer of Venezuela international striker @salorondon23 #WBA #Rondon pic.twitter.com/zxhsuqBlWG

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #365 on: August 10, 2015, 04:15:15 PM »
http://www.wba.co.uk/news/article/west-brom-albion-club-record-venezuela-striker-salomon-rondon-2607821.aspx

WEST Bromwich Albion are delighted to confirm the club-record signing of Venezuela international Salomon Rondon from Zenit St Petersburg.

The 25-year-old striker has been signed on a four-year contract for a fee in the region of £12million.

Rondon arrived at Albion’s training ground late last week and breezed through his medical before becoming the club's fifth signing of the summer.

He has had to wait patiently for his international clearance but has finally been given the go-ahead to begin his career in the Barclays Premier League. He will be eligible for his first match at Watford on Saturday.

Rondon said: “I am very happy to be here.

"This is a new opportunity in my career. I can’t wait to be with the other players and to play.

"The club showed a lot of interest in me, that’s what is important for a player, what you take into account, and there are expectations of me."

Head Coach Tony Pulis is understandably excited at working with a player he believes has already made his mark – but still has much more to give.

“He’s got a fantastic goalscoring record in some of the top leagues in Europe and for his country,” says Pulis. “He’s 25 years of age and still to fulfil his full potential.

“We hope he hits the ground running of course but understand it might take him time to settle. I’m sure our fans will help him and get behind him.

“But we feel with age on his side and the prices English clubs are asking for their players, it’s a deal worth doing.

“He comes highly recommended. I have spoken to Manuel (Pellegrini) and AVB (Andre Villas-Boas), who have worked with him, and they were full of praise for the lad. We are looking forward to working with him.”

Pulis had already added James McClean, James Chester and Rickie Lambert before completing the season-long loan signing of Serge Gnabry from Arsenal.

But it is the arrival of Rondon, who has frequently been linked with a move to the Premier League, which will get The Hawthorns buzzing and represents a genuine transfer coup for the Baggies.

He has been a forward of growing reputation since his 2010 move to Malaga to begin a two-year spell which saw him impress in the Champions League, scoring 25 goals in 67 appearances.

That triggered a big-money move to Rubin Kazan and another two-year stay (13 goals in 36 appearances) before Zenit, Russia’s biggest club, snapped up his services. His 20 goals in 37 appearances last season kept his profile high.

Now he has the Premier League chance he has been waiting for.

Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #366 on: August 10, 2015, 04:15:28 PM »
Boom!! Welcome to the Albion!

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #367 on: August 10, 2015, 04:16:39 PM »
welcome rondon,boingbloodyboing
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Pie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #368 on: August 10, 2015, 04:19:24 PM »
So happy about this!! COME ON YOU BAGGIES  ;D

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #369 on: August 10, 2015, 04:20:16 PM »
Welcome

Salomon the black country mon,
Now lives in tipton
He scores goals for fun
he's our Salomon

I'll get me coot
Albion Family !!!

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #370 on: August 10, 2015, 04:21:09 PM »
Welcome ronny don  :D

dan7heman

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #371 on: August 10, 2015, 04:23:49 PM »
Opened a bottle to celebrate. Delighted!
It is a mistake to theorize before one has the facts. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #372 on: August 10, 2015, 04:30:48 PM »
On the record alone it looks like a superb signing!

Chuffed

We love Rondon, Don. We love Rondon....
It's Yow Rondon-don, it's yow Rondon!

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #373 on: August 10, 2015, 04:31:20 PM »
Translated from the Club's Twitter, Rondon has also said:

. @salorondon23: "I feel very happy and proud to belong to this prestigious and historic Club." #WBA #Rondon 1/2

@salorondon23: "I'm here to help the team and I hope that the Club and its fans should feel proud of my work." #WBA #Rondon 2/2
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

He/him

orville

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #374 on: August 10, 2015, 04:31:40 PM »
YESSSSSSSS welcome to the Baggies Salomon !!!!!!!!!!