Author Topic: Claudio Yacob (Left, now at Nottm Forest)  (Read 327871 times)

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

Re: Claudio Yacob
« Reply #1150 on: November 02, 2017, 07:51:00 AM »
I disagree 110%. You only have to look at Barry weak effort to close down and block Fernandinho's goal last weekend which he turned his back on. Yacob is comfortably the best defensive midfielder we have and one of the best in the league at shielding the back four and breaking-up play.
Barry was moving across and did not turn his back on it.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1151 on: November 02, 2017, 08:32:31 AM »
Barry was moving across and did not turn his back on it.

Indeed, he is trying to close Fernandinho down coming in from the side, definitely doesn't turn his back.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1152 on: November 04, 2017, 05:10:17 PM »
Another game without Yacob and another defeat. Livermore failed to close down Van La Parra 25 yards out. If only we had a reliable defensive midfielder who could sense danger and shield the back four...

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1153 on: November 04, 2017, 05:12:30 PM »
Pulis tried to sell Yacob in the summer.

Ain’t surprised he’s not getting a game. Our team is crying out for Claudio.

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1154 on: November 04, 2017, 08:41:55 PM »
Pulis tried to sell Yacob in the summer.

Ain’t surprised he’s not getting a game. Our team is crying out for Claudio.

While I realise Pulis has forgotten more about running a football team than I will ever know, I still think he’s an idiot. Not picking Claudio proves it.

Pulis out.
Born Baggie. Die disheartened.

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1155 on: November 04, 2017, 08:49:54 PM »
I can't fathom for the life of me why Pulis decided that Yacob needed replacing.

Don't get me wrong I think Yacob is limited when he uses the ball and his passing ability is at best average but  the way Pulis sets us up with the lack of passing and creativity (intentionally I reckon) then Yacob is perfect in that destroyer role.

I don't think we should have spent probably more than 150k a week in wages of Greg, Barry & Livermore to replace what Yacob offers.  That money has been squandered and would have been better focused on other positions.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1156 on: November 04, 2017, 09:54:05 PM »
I can't fathom for the life of me why Pulis decided that Yacob needed replacing.

Don't get me wrong I think Yacob is limited when he uses the ball and his passing ability is at best average but  the way Pulis sets us up with the lack of passing and creativity (intentionally I reckon) then Yacob is perfect in that destroyer role.

I don't think we should have spent probably more than 150k a week in wages of Greg, Barry & Livermore to replace what Yacob offers.  That money has been squandered and would have been better focused on other positions.
I don't think he's an idiot, I don't like his methods or end product but TP has run his career his way and done very well (for himself)
Yacob is one of my favourite ever baggies, but his passing ain't brilliant, which means next to him(if you play a passer like Barry) there is no "legs" which is why he goes for the pole and /or Livermore over Claudio
Personally I'd be more front foot attack, then Claudio could com in as a screener, but at the moment he wouldn't make much difference.
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1157 on: November 04, 2017, 10:13:51 PM »
always said Claudio is one of the best in the country at his job

His short passing is fine 5-10 yds....thats what you need from your DM

Yacob for Livermore push Barry and Greg forward more

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

CL3MO

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1158 on: November 05, 2017, 11:21:01 AM »
always said Claudio is one of the best in the country at his job

His short passing is fine 5-10 yds....thats what you need from your DM

Yacob for Livermore push Barry and Greg forward more

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for Yacob to come back into the team, but you still want to play three holding midfielders, after what we've already seen?  :o

vrabbit

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1159 on: December 04, 2017, 05:05:23 PM »
read today AP is likely to start Yacob this week instead of Barry who picked up a small injury. I'm all for that but would like to see Livermore dropped. I'm hopeful Phillips/Brunt can return this weekend and they can play with Rodriguez/Rondon as a front-2 or 1-1.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1160 on: December 04, 2017, 05:34:49 PM »
read today AP is likely to start Yacob this week instead of Barry who picked up a small injury. I'm all for that but would like to see Livermore dropped. I'm hopeful Phillips/Brunt can return this weekend and they can play with Rodriguez/Rondon as a front-2 or 1-1.

As I said before the Palace game, it should be:

Yacob

Krycho   Field

Livermore offers absolutely nothing.

vrabbit

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1161 on: December 04, 2017, 05:41:11 PM »
As I said before the Palace game, it should be:

Yacob

Krycho   Field

Livermore offers absolutely nothing.

I could have lived with that under Pulis but I'm hopeful we won't play 3 CM's once the roster starts to get healthier. Before the kid's performances recently I would had liked to see Yacob/Krycho in front of the back 4 but Field is a must in the XI for me right now.

Backofthenet

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1162 on: December 04, 2017, 06:18:32 PM »
Yes about time - someone who appears to know what he's doing.

section5

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1163 on: December 13, 2017, 09:56:06 PM »
Anybody else think yacob was an absolute beast today and pretty much every time he plays. So glad he's back in the 11

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1164 on: December 13, 2017, 09:57:11 PM »
Superb tonight. His passing was better too. I honestly think that by playing him, we are able to play a more attacking game as his cover is so good we can balance the team with more forward players.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1165 on: December 13, 2017, 10:08:22 PM »
Yes, MOM for me. Some brilliant interceptions and tigerish tackling, he reads the game and spots danger brilliantly. Plus he never seems to lose a fifty fifty. Madness that Barry was playing with Claudio on the bench. Thought the Pole did well alongside him as well. He benefited from having a few more players breaking past him to pass to.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1166 on: December 13, 2017, 10:13:55 PM »
Man of the match tonight
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

Regis Rocket

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1167 on: December 13, 2017, 10:20:26 PM »
Glad to see yacob back to his immense best!
I eat balti pies in the Smethwick...Mmmmm!

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1168 on: December 14, 2017, 12:23:49 AM »
If this lad had played every game we'd be sitting pretty. Pulis' biggest mistake. 10 out of 10 tonight, didn't even get booked I don't think  :-X
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1169 on: December 14, 2017, 12:27:39 AM »
Top man,never complains,only when he's playing!

Backofthenet

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1170 on: December 14, 2017, 07:32:50 AM »
AS I and many before have said , we do better when Claudio plays.
Admittedly he's not the most creative, but every team needs someone to do the dirty work. If he was at a top 6 club the pundits would all be raving about him. Long may he last in the team
I was right about Klopp too - one trick pony !!

ripryan1971

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1171 on: December 14, 2017, 07:43:03 AM »
Going back to previous posts in October about the amount of points Yacob gets when he's in the team, last night summed it up again. Nobody fills in those gaps and spots danger better than Yacob, he was top quality tonight. I was one of the ones backing Pulis near enough to the end, however dropping him, i believe, was one of the main reasons we started to conceed more goals.

It's simple if you conceed goals you cant get points, no matter what the fans moan about our goal scoring, you can score 2 goals and attack all night long, but you can still lose the game. Clean sheet guarantee's you 1 point, and its a platform to build on.

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1172 on: December 14, 2017, 09:45:18 AM »
If this lad had played every game we'd be sitting pretty. Pulis' biggest mistake. 10 out of 10 tonight, didn't even get booked I don't think  :-X
Yes pulis' self destruct in insisting on shoeing in the Pole over Claudio,its no surprise we are better again with the Yac back

ronnie_allen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1173 on: December 14, 2017, 10:02:03 AM »
Immense.

Also seemed a somewhat unusual game in one aspect. Did he give away any frees? Seemed to win about four or five for us.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1174 on: December 14, 2017, 10:49:59 AM »
Just grateful he isn't the quickest player around because he wouldn't be here.daft decision not playing him in the early part of the season and even dafter to bring in Barry when we should have Got a young attacking midfielder.