Author Topic: Claudio Yacob (Left, now at Nottm Forest)  (Read 325754 times)

fatboy_coach

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Claudio Yacob
« Reply #825 on: February 16, 2015, 06:39:45 PM »
As Adder said, it's not horrendous but the intent is bad and the media are all over it which may cause issues for CY in future games.

It's a reputation he could do without, I always remember Robinson getting sent off against ManU when he and Park slid for a 50/50 and the ref couldn't get the card out quick enough. Low and behold it was turned over in record time (45 seconds I seem to remember the media reporting) on the Monday but we'd lost by then.

stanthesetter

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #826 on: February 16, 2015, 07:19:26 PM »
think yacob is usually good at staying on his feet when he challenges so at worst its yellow card for persistent fouls,
but, he can't be doing this as he's on the refs radar now.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 07:21:29 PM by OldburyWBA »
"wear the collar luv, you know it makes sense".

Baggies54

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #827 on: February 16, 2015, 07:21:57 PM »
 fatboy_coach
As Adder said, it's not horrendous but the intent is bad and the media are all over it which may cause issues for CY in future games.

Fatboy_coach are you saying his intention is to hurt the player...for god sake man his intention was to get the ball which he did, you are as bad as Roberts making it out to be something that it clearly wasn't.
"Scientific criticism has no nobler task than to shatter false beliefs".......

fatboy_coach

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #828 on: February 16, 2015, 07:40:23 PM »

Fatboy_coach are you saying his intention is to hurt the player...for god sake man his intention was to get the ball which he did, you are as bad as Roberts making it out to be something that it clearly wasn't.

No sorry, bad phrasing on my part. OK, I'll rephrase that as the technique is bad. Leaving the ground with 2 feet up, whether horizontal or vertical, is only going to divide supporters/media etc

Baggies54

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #829 on: February 16, 2015, 09:48:27 PM »
No sorry, bad phrasing on my part. OK, I'll rephrase that as the technique is bad. Leaving the ground with 2 feet up, whether horizontal or vertical, is only going to divide supporters/media etc

Accepted and agreed...we're playing too well to fall out over something like if but's and maybe's.....next job = SOTV... twice in five days...Boing Boing!!!
"Scientific criticism has no nobler task than to shatter false beliefs".......

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

Claudio Yacob
« Reply #830 on: March 07, 2015, 09:05:54 PM »
I'm a big Yacob fan, but although his 2nd booking was harsh tonight, he really doesn't help himself with his two-footed jumps into tackles.  He's getting a reputation for it and refs are looking for it.   Tonight he didn't really make contact and Lawrenson I think called it right, but when you look at the replay he definitely starts to make a two-footed jump.

He is always at high risk of a sending off because of the role he plays, but he can reduce those risks by eradicating the two-footed jump.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #831 on: March 07, 2015, 10:14:05 PM »
I agree - he was unlucky on this occasion but if the ref doesn't see the detail of the tackle and just sees Yacob and that 2 footed jump it's just asking for trouble. Just has to get that out of his game given the way the modern game is.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #832 on: March 07, 2015, 10:17:09 PM »
I'm willing to go out on a limb without seeing a replay that it was an appalling decision, Yacob didn't touch the player and the referee hadn't given a free kick until he saw Sherwood's reaction. We didn't look like scoring anyway but Yacob and Albion were cheated in this instance.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

BaggieBirdRus

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #833 on: March 07, 2015, 10:41:37 PM »
Yacob is useless in a 442, he doesn't really offer a lot except for petulant fouls. He's ok in a 451 but I think he's average.
Ohhhhh Albion we love you!

Dudleylad

• WBA Chairman

« Reply #834 on: March 07, 2015, 10:47:45 PM »
I agree - he was unlucky on this occasion but if the ref doesn't see the detail of the tackle and just sees Yacob and that 2 footed jump it's just asking for trouble. Just has to get that out of his game given the way the modern game is.

He didnt sodding jump!  The referee played on and then crapped himself when he saw Sherwood who is now acting like the good guy.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #835 on: March 07, 2015, 11:58:43 PM »
He didnt sodding jump!  The referee played on and then crapped himself when he saw Sherwood who is now acting like the good guy.

He didn't actually jump but he shaped up to jump, and its his reputation for doing it that got him booked for the 2nd time.  Unlucky today, but he's created that reputation all by himself.  Its not going to do anything other than get him into trouble.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #836 on: March 08, 2015, 12:05:22 AM »
He didn't actually jump but he shaped up to jump, and its his reputation for doing it that got him booked for the 2nd time.  Unlucky today, but he's created that reputation all by himself.  Its not going to do anything other than get him into trouble.

That is called a block tackle. Disgraceful decision. Hopefully this and the Hutton one is Vile's luck used up for the rest of the season.

Dudleylad

• WBA Chairman

« Reply #837 on: March 08, 2015, 12:20:04 AM »

When was shaping to jump an offence?

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #838 on: March 08, 2015, 12:33:05 AM »
It was a ridiculous decision by the referee but he seems to get wound up rather easily. Morrison tried to calm him down in the first half and he pushed him away. We probably missed the calming influence of Fletcher whereas the referee had to tell Brunt to calm him down.
the regime don't like it man

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #839 on: March 08, 2015, 12:36:25 AM »
It was a ridiculous decision by the referee but he seems to get wound up rather easily. Morrison tried to calm him down in the first half and he pushed him away. We probably missed the calming influence of Fletcher whereas the referee had to tell Brunt to calm him down.

I'm in a minority I think but I thought Morrison was out of order in this incident. In any game teammates should stick together publicly, but this is especially true in a game against your rivals. Pushing Yacob was bang out of order.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #840 on: March 08, 2015, 01:06:00 AM »
When was shaping to jump an offence?

It isn't, but a two-footed jumping tackle is, and its hard for a ref to distinguish between the two.

Other players don't seem to do it.  Yacob does and its only going to count against him.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #841 on: March 08, 2015, 08:31:00 AM »
I'm in a minority I think but I thought Morrison was out of order in this incident. In any game teammates should stick together publicly, but this is especially true in a game against your rivals. Pushing Yacob was bang out of order.
Yes,saw him mouthing expletives to Saido after another one of morrisons poor passes,what I don't get is how sess can possible not be rated better than mozza or Gardner or brunt when the biggest thing the two strikers need is real service,again all the fuss about them not being fit ,then they are but we give them nothing !!!
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #842 on: March 08, 2015, 11:33:28 AM »
It isn't, but a two-footed jumping tackle is, and its hard for a ref to distinguish between the two.

Other players don't seem to do it.  Yacob does and its only going to count against him.

He didn't jump in and the referee was in a poor position to see it as Bacuna was obscurring his view. The linesman didn't react and his view was clear. Poor referee who made a decision on a players reputation.

If Yacob has gone into that tackle in a ny other way he would have come out of injured.

glosterbaggie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #843 on: March 08, 2015, 12:01:02 PM »
Anyone know if Club is going to appeal the card as he did not touch the player from what I saw?
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell"
"You can't put a price on being able too live with yourself"As I said to a tory MP

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #844 on: March 08, 2015, 12:03:51 PM »
Anyone know if Club is going to appeal the card as he did not touch the player from what I saw?

Can't appeal as it was two yellow cards not a straight red

glosterbaggie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #845 on: March 08, 2015, 12:04:48 PM »
Can't appeal as it was two yellow cards not a straight red
I see cheers for that.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell"
"You can't put a price on being able too live with yourself"As I said to a tory MP

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #846 on: March 08, 2015, 01:18:09 PM »
It looked a poor decision from where we were at the time.

The more infuriating part was that the referee seemed to play on for five seconds before blowing his whistle.

He is another though who is not good enough to play in a 442. He's great at protecting his back four but if you shove him into a 2 man midfield then he becomes horribly exposed.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

valleybaggie

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #847 on: March 08, 2015, 05:38:11 PM »
absolute joke of a sending off all he did was a block tackle didn't even go over the top. the player sliding in was asking to get hurt no chance of winning the challenge

elmo_in_swansea

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #848 on: March 08, 2015, 05:42:15 PM »
absolute joke of a sending off all he did was a block tackle didn't even go over the top. the player sliding in was asking to get hurt no chance of winning the challenge
if you watch the ref played on briefly & Yacob had another couple of touches of the ball! It wasnt as if the ref ran straight over to stop the game & issue the card - obviously influenced by the rolling about of the player & whinging Sherwood! Shocking decision with no right to appeal!
Orihuela CF
@elmo_in_swansea on twitter

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #849 on: March 08, 2015, 05:46:20 PM »
I can't have the criticism of Yac. He was easily our best performer yesterday and did not in any universe deserve to be sent off.

It was a sickening moment in in a sickening game. I am so tired of referees reacting to ridiculous behaviour by "injured" players and petulant over hyped managers.
Born Baggie. Die disheartened.