Author Topic: Claudio Yacob (Left, now at Nottm Forest)  (Read 327825 times)

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

Re: Claudio Yacob
« Reply #700 on: December 08, 2012, 07:43:45 PM »
Really missed him out there today - very disappointed when we got the team news outside the stadium pre match.
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #701 on: December 08, 2012, 10:19:16 PM »
Really missed him out there today - very disappointed when we got the team news outside the stadium pre match.

What is his injury by the way I didnt know he had an injury until 2.30 today.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

RedHead_Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #702 on: December 08, 2012, 10:32:32 PM »
One yellow card away from a ban. I think they probably wanted to make sure he was available for the West Ham game next week.

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #703 on: December 08, 2012, 11:02:20 PM »
One yellow card away from a ban. I think they probably wanted to make sure he was available for the West Ham game next week.

I noticed he had four yellow cards, hope he will be fully fit for next week then.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

chipperclark

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #704 on: December 18, 2012, 12:10:02 AM »
 :o I think Steve Clarke is playing down the value of Yacob.
Something to think about is we havent scored for 5 hours.
We have looked weaker going forward through mid-field.
The defensive covering of the back four has left them exposed eg Arsenal (where they were allowed to run at us).
Mulumbu has only been half the player without his mate.
Mozza has been playing deeper in midfield, to compensate, and this has affected our attacking options.
Hope he is back to the fold sooner rather than later.....we need him
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 12:55:26 AM by OldburyWBA »

TLMS17

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #705 on: January 02, 2013, 02:04:17 AM »
Spoke to him inside the ground at the end of game asked when he would be back and he said Reading
Born For Albion     Live For Albion     Die For Albion

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #706 on: January 02, 2013, 06:18:51 AM »
Spoke to him inside the ground at the end of game asked when he would be back and he said Reading

That can only be good news, lets hope so because we've really missed his presence.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #707 on: January 02, 2013, 10:20:07 AM »
Chris L said Yacob isn't far away so fingers crossed.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #708 on: January 02, 2013, 10:25:30 AM »
Everything we do is built around the defensive box of:

Yacob  X - - - X Mulumbu
                     '          '
                     '          '
         Olsson X - - - X McAuley

The rest of the players are pretty interchangeable when we have that box in place. Of course we would be even better if the rest of the team was better balanced but we already are a top 10 PL team with that box in place. Atm we have half the box missing and it really shows.

BaggieBirdRus

• Reserve Baggie

What has happened to Yacob?
« Reply #709 on: January 06, 2013, 12:42:13 PM »
He seems like he's been injured for ages now (start of January I think). What was his actual injury because its starting to bug me now how every week Clarke just says along the lines of 'Yacob won't feature this week'. He's a crucial member of our team and the quicker he is back the better!! It's reminding me a bit of Morrisons injury when he got and infected foot and was out for months
Ohhhhh Albion we love you!

GrGr

• WBA Coach

Re: What has happened to Yacob?
« Reply #710 on: January 06, 2013, 01:18:50 PM »
He seems like he's been injured for ages now (start of January I think). What was his actual injury because its starting to bug me now how every week Clarke just says along the lines of 'Yacob won't feature this week'. He's a crucial member of our team and the quicker he is back the better!! It's reminding me a bit of Morrisons injury when he got and infected foot and was out for months

It's a problem with the hamstring. If it's a deep tear of the muscle he could easily be out for six weeks or more. Someone said he is due back for the Reading game, but we'll see.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #711 on: January 06, 2013, 01:47:28 PM »
Met him outside the ground after Fulham game and said he will definitely be back for Villa

RedHead_Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #712 on: January 06, 2013, 01:52:23 PM »
I've heard we have been keeping him back a bit ready for when Mulumbu goes away to AFCON. To loose both players at the same time for any period of time would be a disaster.

Hopefully he comes back feeling fresh and ready to go again.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #713 on: January 06, 2013, 02:08:31 PM »
I don't mind a player being injured, but the lack of clarification towards the fans from the club is what annoys me. Surely the club could have released a prognosis of when he could possibly be available on the website rather than leaving us out in the cold again.

I just hope he's back soon.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

Yacob
« Reply #714 on: January 20, 2013, 11:50:31 AM »
Any body heard anything about his injury yeaterday?
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

Re: Yacob
« Reply #715 on: January 20, 2013, 11:54:35 AM »
Looked like a collar bone or shoulder impact injury.  Hopefully not a break or dislocation but it didn't look good.

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

Re: Yacob
« Reply #716 on: January 20, 2013, 11:56:07 AM »
hope he is okay! a player we have missed badly.

Londonbaggymike

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #717 on: January 20, 2013, 12:56:05 PM »
He played on for a while (I think?) so that would suggest he's not broken it as the pain would have told him straight away.

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #718 on: January 20, 2013, 12:58:00 PM »
He did look of the pace Yesterday, I really hope he will be back for the Everton game.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

Albionwarrior

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #719 on: January 20, 2013, 03:38:56 PM »
A bit like when we lost Olsson a season or so back .... Both Yacob and Mulumbu are really being missed at the moment ..... but that's life .... it will get better

Marcus

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #720 on: January 20, 2013, 03:55:09 PM »
Hope it's nothing serious and he is back fit soon. Saying that he was so off the pace yesterday it was a bit of a blessing in disguise when he did go off.

Can't wait to see him back making it look easy, while Mulumbu drives forward and dictates the pace of the game. Those two really are at the heart of the Albion when we perform at our best
Unspoilt By Progress

Tipton Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #721 on: January 21, 2013, 02:24:08 PM »
Stupidity bringing him straight back into a derby match after a long lay off, should of eased him in.

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #722 on: January 21, 2013, 02:37:05 PM »
I really cant wait to Yacob and Mulumbu back together, a major factor of our great start to the season.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #723 on: January 21, 2013, 02:38:49 PM »
Apparently they are hoping the shoulder injury isnt serious, but they are waiting to see.

Its the exact reason i have been banging on about for ages, we cant rely on him and Mulumbu to come back and we start playing well again, if that happens then great i am sure we will but in the last 10-12 games i dont think they have played a game together, thats nearly 1/3 of a season so we cant rely on them being back and all being okay.

We have 10 days to get somebody who can come in and replace 1 of them, if this happened at start of February we can do nothing as the window is shut. We either need to get a replacement (and we have our scouting list so i am sure they know suitable players) or change formation. I wouldnt expect Clarke to go public about it but i would imagine he is looking for somebody in either Yacob or Mulumbu's role, if not then i would be slightly alarmed.

They are both too good to keep putting makeshift players in, the way we play that DM is a vital position and it needs a natural in there,  not players who can step in but not upto the standard. Thorne is showing a lot of potential and would have no reservations about him being involved all the time but we still need somebody else.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 02:40:48 PM by Albion79 »

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #724 on: January 21, 2013, 02:43:11 PM »
I just hope we can find anther Keith Andrews type of player, in the next few days.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC