Author Topic: Claudio Yacob (Left, now at Nottm Forest)  (Read 327349 times)

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

Re: Claudio Yacob
« Reply #525 on: August 19, 2012, 01:28:39 PM »
Fantastic league debut to be honest. It was refreshing to see a midfielder look so comfortable and calm in possession. He's a massive step up on Scharner and Keith Andrews. He slotted in very well and you would think, he's still learning the game in this country so what kind of player do we have on our hands? Very impressive debut, good on the ball, and also roughled a few Liverpool feathers.

Need more of it.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #526 on: August 19, 2012, 02:17:23 PM »
I think so. Also Yacob released Morrison on several occasions. So wonderful to have a midfield where all are comfortable on the ball. Mulumbu also looked improved with the ball at his feet and didn't allow himself to get crowded out, but always played a simple pass instead. Maybe that was because he had better support because of our shape, but also to me it looked as if he had worked on that part of the game.

I would imagine that was the case.  When he was looking for a pass he had Morrisson, Yacob, Gera, Pete as options, all comfortable on the ball.   Compare that to last season when the forwards would be too far for a pass that isn't just a long punt and his only other options would be Scharner\Andrews or go backwards to the defence.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #527 on: August 19, 2012, 03:44:39 PM »
Thought he looked very assured on the ball, and can't remember him loosing possession at all.  Looked to me like a player who's played for us for years. Can really see Mulumbu flourishing next to him as well.

Suppose we shouldn't be too surprised considering the guys an Argentinian international  :)
agree with what you say about mulumbu i said that to my grandson yesterday, yacob what can i say probabally the best debut i have seen from an albion player oozes class!

DudleyBaggieFan

• Reserve Baggie

Claudio Yacob
« Reply #528 on: August 19, 2012, 03:55:43 PM »
Looked a different class.

Hardly misplaced a pass (2 out of 52), looked comfortable on the ball, won challenges well, knew where the player was every time with some excellent balls.

Very exciting times ahead with this guy I think.
Wolves 1- 5 WBA
12/2/2012
Never Forgotten

dont ask me to choose luv

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #529 on: August 19, 2012, 06:25:33 PM »
POLISHED! in a word.
Life is about using the whole box of crayons!

the rainbow turn east

« Reply #530 on: August 19, 2012, 06:38:55 PM »
Watched Doumbia for Wolves and Iam so glad we got Jacob instead,
Henry and Doumbia looked abit headless chicken.

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #531 on: August 19, 2012, 06:42:00 PM »
This guy is quality no doubt,the only worry is if he gets homesick.
Before we signed him he looked excellant on the clips on the internet.
This can be misleading especially for strikers but not quite the case with a midfielder,the clips showed his coolness in possession and his range of passing.
I will end how i started he is quality no doubt.

RacingClub

« Reply #532 on: August 19, 2012, 07:15:27 PM »
I Came to update you with some info of Racing :D

we won our match against our classic rival Independiente 2-0

Centurion was outstanding today!

Quakes Fan

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #533 on: August 19, 2012, 07:18:13 PM »
I Came to update you with some info of Racing :D

we won our match against our classic rival Independiente 2-0

Centurion was outstanding today!

Congratulations! I would imagine that will put a smile on Claudio's face.   :)

Nocky

• WBA Coach

« Reply #534 on: August 20, 2012, 09:43:15 AM »
Personally, I thought he was a bit off the pace in the first half and was second to too many breaking/bouncing balls. Second half I thought he was very good, particularly in terms of his positional play and reading of the game. He made some excellent interceptions and tackles sitting in front of the back four which allowed us to break on Liverpool. 

His passing was unspectacular but it was tidy and economical which is arguably all you want from your holding midfielder. Overall it was a very solid debut and hopefully a sign of things to come. The most important thing for me was the way he sat in front of the back four all game which allowed Mulumbu more freedom to move around the pitch. The latter was outstanding as a result. 
"Champions aren't made in the gym. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them - a desire, a dream, a vision."

Muhammad Ali

Savvas78

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #535 on: August 20, 2012, 11:02:44 AM »
Yacob really showed his calmness on the ball, kept his passing simple and showed he doesn't mind getting stuck into the defensive side of the game.

You can't underestimate how important it is to have a player who has the ability to receive the ball deep and pass it to those further up the pitch without conceding possession half the time. As a result our midfield will never be isolated if the defence has an outlet like that.
We've gone on holiday by mistake!

Greenock Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #536 on: August 20, 2012, 11:18:22 AM »
I thought he took a while to get up to speed in the first half but thats only to be expected. Even so, he never got caught in possession which is the sign of a class player, always got the pass away and ( almost ) always found his man with the pass. As the match progressed, he grew in stature and we saw how that rubbed off on Mulumbu who I thought had one of his best games for us.

Claudio held off Lucas when winning the ball for the 3rd goal and was well deserving of his M.O.T.M award.

The whole team was fab yesterday and if confidence is 3/4 of the game, then the whole team should be buzzing and cant wait to get back for training, no injuries and the whole squad anticipating the next match......long may it continue  ;D :) :)
He's a lad from the Wrenna

Webby

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #537 on: August 20, 2012, 11:42:49 AM »
Great passer
Love, Live, Life, and I'm dead. - "Weezy F. Baby"

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #538 on: August 20, 2012, 11:49:16 AM »
Personally, I thought he was a bit off the pace in the first half and was second to too many breaking/bouncing balls. Second half I thought he was very good, particularly in terms of his positional play and reading of the game. He made some excellent interceptions and tackles sitting in front of the back four which allowed us to break on Liverpool. 

His passing was unspectacular but it was tidy and economical which is arguably all you want from your holding midfielder. Overall it was a very solid debut and hopefully a sign of things to come. The most important thing for me was the way he sat in front of the back four all game which allowed Mulumbu more freedom to move around the pitch. The latter was outstanding as a result.

Totally agree, especially about Mulumbu.  He looked like he was back to his normal self.  He could commit to making interceptions now as he knew Jacob was there if he didn't get it.  Last season he had to put the brakes on in similar circumstances. 

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #539 on: August 20, 2012, 12:28:55 PM »
Totally agree, especially about Mulumbu. He looked like he was back to his normal self.   He could commit to making interceptions now as he knew Jacob was there if he didn't get it.  Last season he had to put the brakes on in similar circumstances.

Really?
I though he made a couple of rash challenges on the edge opf the box that could have cost us on another day, and his passing was often wayward.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #540 on: August 20, 2012, 12:38:33 PM »
Thought his passing was good, completed 50/52 if im right.

Think hell go about his business quietly but well notice how important hell become when hes missing.

monkey nuts

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #541 on: August 20, 2012, 03:38:18 PM »
Really?
I though he made a couple of rash challenges on the edge opf the box that could have cost us on another day, and his passing was often wayward.

as he said back to his usual self  :)

i thought they dove tailed really well and was a great debut for the lad

Vassassin

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #542 on: August 20, 2012, 11:49:13 PM »
Yacob = Good driver in heavy traffic.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 11:58:18 PM by OldburyWBA »
Return our Parthenon Marbles, we're going nuts without them!

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #543 on: August 21, 2012, 12:24:46 AM »
Yacob = Good driver in heavy traffic.
Are you confusing this with...`Yo...Cab´!!! :D
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

baggieboyfred

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #544 on: August 21, 2012, 12:40:50 PM »
saw his first start against walsall, told every baggie boy i know , that here we have a guy who could turn out to be another paul scholes, takes the ball well under pressue always made himself available had good distribution, rarely gave it away, and will be a great foil for mulumbu. and watching him against the pool  convinces me even more
obviously i know its early days  yet and the scholes analogy gives him a massive task to emulate him , but i reckon once he gets used to the premiership he will get better and better, watch this space

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #545 on: August 21, 2012, 01:13:18 PM »
Somebody saying above about how high confidence is, it may of already been mentioned but on Saturday Pat Frost the Albion kit man tweeted -

'I am not saying the dressing room is buzzing but i have been stung five times!'

I havent heard that saying before but it made me laugh! He also tweeted today that everybody at the training ground all had massive smiles still including the security guards!

THROSTLE79

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #546 on: August 21, 2012, 03:00:34 PM »
Good news the squad is buzzing ,,, bring on AVB again !!!! LOL  :P
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 03:35:42 PM by Quakes Fan »
WE ARE ALBION !! SAY WE ARE ALBION !!!

don1thedon

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #547 on: August 22, 2012, 11:25:29 AM »
http://www.wba.co.uk/news/article/boss-yacobs-living-up-to-billing-326537.aspx

Encouraging, and I love the last line;
“His other half is here and her English is very good - so that can help - and his dog is also coming over. “
 ;D

crisoWBA

« Reply #548 on: August 22, 2012, 12:15:06 PM »
Haha that quote made me laugh too, his dog!
I can't believe how lucky we are getting him to be honest.

up_the_baggies

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #549 on: August 22, 2012, 01:18:09 PM »
Very impressive start!

Looking forward to see how he progresses throughout the season.