Author Topic: Claudio Yacob (Left, now at Nottm Forest)  (Read 328482 times)

botters

• Youth Baggie

Re: Claudio Yacob
« Reply #150 on: July 18, 2012, 08:28:58 PM »
The expert is talking complete rubbish.

I've watched the apertura and clausura this season, and he has been very solid in a mid table team.

Plenty of chance to flourish in a new environment, that's why I can't believe we are signing him... handed a few games for Argentina recently surely shows he is a good player and has potential.

Seems some lazy journalism to me.

EDIT: He wrote a piece about Godoy Cruz for the BBC last year (in Argentina prem) that was filled with flaws just to illustrate my point. Like everyone says, it's down to opinion

What do you expect from a Talksport expert!

Andzy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #151 on: July 18, 2012, 08:59:44 PM »
To be honest Tim Vickery is a well respected journalist and lives in south america he did say he has been watching Yacob since he was in the Argentina under 20's.
He did compare him to busquets but only because the that was the question posed to him.
he did say he was quite ordinary as ive said he was asked to compare him to the formentioned player.

botters

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #152 on: July 18, 2012, 09:06:53 PM »
Well its unfair to compare him to one of the best midfield players in the world in Busquets.   

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #153 on: July 18, 2012, 09:21:10 PM »
He has played a few times for the Argentinian national team. How ordinary can he be?

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #154 on: July 18, 2012, 10:06:32 PM »
He has played a few times for the Argentinian national team. How ordinary can he be?

To be fair, the Argentine team have given caps to ALOT of people in the past 4 or 5 years. When Maradona was in charge I think I read they handed out caps to 60 different players in an 18 month period or something like that.

Regardless, the lad is obviously quality and I have faith, firstly in our scouts, who appear to be amazing (shame we don't have a spare £20mill to get 3 or 4 other top players) and secondly in JP and DA. The talk of him not getting past the red tape is just a scare. I'd be extreamly surprised if it became a real issue. No chance we'd go this far for a lad who isn't going to be allowed in the country.

Put him in a midfield three with Mulumbu and probably Morrison and things are looking good!
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input

Kicking Pigeons

« Reply #155 on: July 18, 2012, 10:18:41 PM »
With any player (bar the best ones in the world) not everybody who's seen him will have a positive opinion on him, it's extremely unlikely, so we shouldn't be worried that one journalist, regardless of how respected he is (not that he can respect himself too much if he works for TalkShite, but I digress) happens to not rate him. If the majority of views from watchers of him then I'd be worried, but so far we've seen a view opinions of him, and bar Vickery's they're all very positive, so we should be pleased.

baggie96

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #156 on: July 19, 2012, 09:27:48 AM »
He signed his bit Of the contract over the weekend but now wants to void the contract and sign for botafogo. He won't be signing.

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #157 on: July 19, 2012, 09:31:21 AM »
Where did you hear that?

baggie96

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #158 on: July 19, 2012, 09:32:23 AM »
Where did you hear that?
Got a relative in Argentina, it's all over the papers.

wba1993dave

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #159 on: July 19, 2012, 09:35:44 AM »
Express and Star have said we could go back in for Doumbia..
BOING BOING

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #160 on: July 19, 2012, 09:38:23 AM »
Why hasn't CL updated this topic seeing he is with the manager and team?

kumas0115

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #161 on: July 19, 2012, 09:39:19 AM »
what a joke, we so slow at doing things, same old again

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #162 on: July 19, 2012, 09:54:38 AM »
Why hasn't CL updated this topic seeing he is with the manager and team?

CL don't know jack, sorry, but he is virtually frozen out these days, just gets a few information crumbs that the club chuck out.
Baggie in Southampton

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #163 on: July 19, 2012, 10:00:50 AM »
Im guessing if this doesnt happen it will be the 'clubs fault' again.

Need to take into consideration moving countries is a big step for some players, especiallty from South America to England.

IF he does sign for Botafogo then he obviously didnt want to sign for us that much.

We move on.

bradleysrocket

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #164 on: July 19, 2012, 10:13:19 AM »
I'm sure I read in an earlier article that a move earlier in his career didn't work out because of home sickness.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #165 on: July 19, 2012, 10:14:52 AM »
what a joke, we so slow at doing things, same old again

Talks were still ongoing as of last night. This overreaction is comical to say the least especially as none of us know what is going on behind the scenes but its good to know that its all our clubs fault despite nothing actually happening officially yet.

As for the Express & Star saying we could go back in for Doumbia that was just in their rumours page and not in an official article from what I can see so they appear to have just as much info as Lepkowski does on this subject which is virtually nothing.

Lets wait and see before randomly going off on one.

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #166 on: July 19, 2012, 10:16:20 AM »
Express and Star have said we could go back in for Doumbia..

I suspect he was our first choice all along but we were put off by his demands. Maybe the link to Yacob has given him a push to accept lesser terms.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

woodta

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #167 on: July 19, 2012, 10:17:31 AM »
From what I can make out on the Argentinian websites out there is that. He has signed a pre contract with us. But on reviewing it and realising how much extra tax he will have to pay in this country he is having second thoughts. With some reports suggesting that he has been offered double from the Brazilian club (one website saying $250,000 a month or £78,000 a month) which would wipe us completely out of the water.

So in short, he wont be coming now and we will almost certainly go back for Doumbia (If he would even like to come now after us halting negotiations)

In my blood and forever blue and white

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #168 on: July 19, 2012, 10:18:37 AM »
I suspect he was our first choice all along but we were put off by his demands. Maybe the link to Yacob has given him a push to accept lesser terms.

We often go for more than one target at a time, get so far down the line with a deal and then go for one or the other. We did the same with Fortune and a bloke from a Portuguese team (he went to Bolton in the end).

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #169 on: July 19, 2012, 10:19:18 AM »
I think everybody should calm down in reaction to rumours. All these knee jerk reactions are so OTT. Don't get too excited when we're linked to players and don't get too angry if things fail. T heres so much hate towards odemwingie on his topic and all that seems to have happened is that he's been bid for . This guy may or may not sign, it's not the end of the world if he doesn't so chill out!
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #170 on: July 19, 2012, 10:22:02 AM »
From what I can make out on the Argentinian websites out there is that. He has signed a pre contract with us. But on reviewing it and realising how much extra tax he will have to pay in this country he is having second thoughts. With some reports suggesting that he has been offered double from the Brazilian club (one website saying $250,000 a month or £78,000 a month) which would wipe us completely out of the water.

So in short, he wont be coming now and we will almost certainly go back for Doumbia (If he would even like to come now after us halting negotiations)

Why would £78,000 a month blow us out of the water, works out at under £20k-a-week. $250,000 a month would be more of a stretch but I still don't believe it should blow us out of the water if he's as good as people seem to think he is.

Why are people believing what is being said in Argentinian newspapers, just like our press they wont be accurate all the time.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 10:24:39 AM by B_H_Baggie »

woodta

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #171 on: July 19, 2012, 10:31:13 AM »
Why would £78,000 a month blow us out of the water, works out at under £20k-a-week. $250,000 a month would be more of a stretch but I still don't believe it should blow us out of the water if he's as good as people seem to think he is.

Why are people believing what is being said in Argentinian newspapers, just like our press they wont be accurate all the time.

Those figures were after tax I forgot to say
In my blood and forever blue and white

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #172 on: July 19, 2012, 10:35:59 AM »
More of a stretch in that case.

Will be interesting to see what actually happens legally especially if he has signed some kind of deal with us and has changed his mind.

*key word in bold

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #173 on: July 19, 2012, 10:48:43 AM »
He signed his bit Of the contract over the weekend but now wants to void the contract and sign for botafogo. He won't be signing.

He was linked with Botafogo before he was linked with us, and he obviously spoke with us after interest was shown by them, it's not like they came in last minute and swooped.

Everyone chill.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #174 on: July 19, 2012, 10:49:50 AM »
 ;D  Sometimes I prefer this time of the season to the actual playing side
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'