Author Topic: OFFICIAL PREMIER LEAGUE THREAD  (Read 2372776 times)

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

Re: OFFICIAL PREMIER LEAGUE THREAD
« Reply #1600 on: November 10, 2013, 04:43:57 PM »
Great header from Van Persie, couldn't have picked a better place to put it.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #1601 on: November 10, 2013, 04:56:11 PM »
Poor decision from Michael Oliver to book Jones after he went to head the ball and collided with Szczesny

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1602 on: November 10, 2013, 05:11:58 PM »
This season is having so many twists and turns. Newcastle were excellent today, however Spurs at times look very slow in the build up play and lack goals.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1603 on: November 10, 2013, 06:43:33 PM »
Stoke get a 3-3 draw with Swansea after a contreversial 96th minute penalty :o. sound familiar!

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1604 on: November 10, 2013, 07:23:35 PM »
This season is having so many twists and turns. Newcastle were excellent today, however Spurs at times look very slow in the build up play and lack goals.

Spurs were never the team the media and their fans built them up to be - 5/6th at best after losing Bale.
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1605 on: November 10, 2013, 09:29:20 PM »
Stoke get a 3-3 draw with Swansea after a contreversial 96th minute penalty :o. sound familiar!
Why some people will never admit to the possibility of corruption in the EPL is absolutely laughable. Not saying you gerry but thats 2 very dodgy decisions in 2 days, and yes ok referees make mistakes, but whos to say they dont get paid off to give a penalty by betting markets in the days/hours leading up to a match? The premier league would be a very big target for match fixing, so much money to be made, and the fact it is covered up as a dodgy subject is part of the problem. Too much denial, a full investigation is necessary as i feel there is a lot of naivety around. So many dodgy decisions and yes i feel a lot are deliberate.

The main reason why a betting scandal investigation wouldnt be opened up? So much money to be lost by the premier league; in this $$$$ dominated business.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #1606 on: November 10, 2013, 09:41:52 PM »
I wouldn't for one minute say corruption is rife but why does football in this country not have any ? clubs in other countries have been caught for it, players, officials, refs etc so with the money involved in the Premier League worldwide then it has to at some stage have been discussed somewhere and can anyone 100% say they would be confident in saying it has not ever happened in the Premier league ?

I just hope that if it has gone on or is going on then the cheats are caught and dealt with and that the Premier League/ FA show some balls no matter which players, clubs, officials etc are involved but that last point is something I wouldn't be too confident on happening

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1607 on: November 10, 2013, 10:49:39 PM »
I wouldn't for one minute say corruption is rife but why does football in this country not have any ? clubs in other countries have been caught for it, players, officials, refs etc so with the money involved in the Premier League worldwide then it has to at some stage have been discussed somewhere and can anyone 100% say they would be confident in saying it has not ever happened in the Premier league ?

I just hope that if it has gone on or is going on then the cheats are caught and dealt with and that the Premier League/ FA show some balls no matter which players, clubs, officials etc are involved but that last point is something I wouldn't be too confident on happening
To be honest, i have little faith in corruption not being rife any more. As i've said before, you only have to read Arsenal Untold, Declan Hills 'The Fix' or the 'Football is fixed' blogs to see that english football is probably as bad as anywhere else in the world. Its the fact its unholy to talk about anywhere, strongly denied by optimists and generally a dodgy subject that not more light is shed on it. I know Interpol try their best to clamp down on fixing, but it's so underground and well masked, its difficult to stop. The premier league know that if any light is shed on corruption, attendances will drop, people will have had it with football and that could be it for the game.

Aixelsyd

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1608 on: November 11, 2013, 12:30:14 AM »
To be honest, i have little faith in corruption not being rife any more.

The proof of corruption is the fact that for at least the last ten years a fair system of TV replays being used by off field Officials to verify Penalty decisions and Red Cards etc has not been used in the EPL...

While they have and allow the on Field officials to take the blame they can hide the grosser details...

Corruption starts at the top and works it's way down
On a roundel paly of thirteen argent and azure a missel thrush perched on a hawthorn branch leaved and fructed proper.

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1609 on: November 11, 2013, 06:59:04 AM »
The proof of corruption is the fact that for at least the last ten years a fair system of TV replays being used by off field Officials to verify Penalty decisions and Red Cards etc has not been used in the EPL...

While they have and allow the on Field officials to take the blame they can hide the grosser details...

Corruption starts at the top and works it's way down
exactly, I'm sorry, but you just dont give last minute penalties unless there's absolute certainty, i cant see any excuses for it, apart from a brown envelope or some sort of agenda! I have done some extensive internet surfing, and whilst you can't believe everything you read online, i believe there is significant evidence for corruption/match fixing existing. I mean, even if it was a throw in/own goal that an outfield player had bet on, would anyone ever know?!

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1610 on: November 11, 2013, 10:43:03 PM »
So the questions must be.

If there is corruption how do you stop it?

And

If we knew it was there, would we really stop going?
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1611 on: November 12, 2013, 05:12:09 PM »
There is no doubt corruption of many kinds in the EPL. Alex Ferguson enjoyed a far too cosy relationship with referees (Mark Halsey is the most obvious example), look at our 5-5 draw last season when we got no free kicks in dangerous positions despite there being many fouls around the box and after the match the ref couldn't wait to get his picture taken and his programme signed by SAF...now go to September 28th the same teams the same referee but not the same Man Utd manager and low and behold a much fairer display of refereeing as Michael Oliver knew there would be no SAF to answer to.

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1612 on: November 23, 2013, 01:40:54 PM »
Liverpool up 2-1 at half time. Miralles of Everton prehaps a bit fortunate to be on the pitch after his lunge on Suarez.

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1613 on: November 23, 2013, 02:32:53 PM »
Everton 3-2 Liverpool! crackin game!! Lukaku makes up for an awful pass with a great header

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1614 on: November 23, 2013, 02:34:58 PM »
Everton 3-2 Liverpool! crackin game!! Lukaku makes up for an awful pass with a great header

3-3 Sturridge!

wbako

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1615 on: November 23, 2013, 04:39:39 PM »
http://i.minus.com/i3m0HMcl1BiEM.gif

A fantastic tackle yet the clueless ref deemed it worthy of a red. Well it seems the FA are going to get their wish and slide tackles will be outlawed.
All time favourite player: Jan Kozak

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1616 on: November 23, 2013, 05:31:01 PM »

A fantastic tackle yet the clueless ref deemed it worthy of a red. Well it seems the FA are going to get their wish and slide tackles will be outlawed.

That could do more for the technology argument than ten incidents like the one we suffered. Giving a foul there, never mind a red card is an appalling error, tantamount to giving a "ghost" goal.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1617 on: November 23, 2013, 05:33:34 PM »
On an more general note we are now only 4 points clear of 18th and 7 off the bottom, yes, we have been unlucky with a few decisions but we cannot afford to be dragged into a relegation battle. We need points against Villa, Newcastle and Norwich before City come to town.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Quakes Fan

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1618 on: November 23, 2013, 06:04:03 PM »

Poyet practically had to be sedated. Although the angles I saw during the game were more incriminating than that one, it was never a red from any of them. Later in the game, Begovic planted his studs directly into Fletcher's chest and the ref didn't call anything.

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1619 on: November 23, 2013, 06:21:18 PM »
I see the cheats are up 2-0 at West Ham!  ::)

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1620 on: November 23, 2013, 06:35:01 PM »
I see the cheats are up 2-0 at West Ham!  ::)
To be fair, the penalty was right. Actually surprised with what has happened today (I heard 19 red cards over all English leagues) Jaskelinen wasn't sent off as the last man. Since then West Ham have been completely without composure.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #1621 on: November 23, 2013, 07:04:43 PM »
Think it was fair that the keeper wasn't sent off - Chelsea didn't have control of the ball and were heading away from goal. In my opinion, that's not a clear goal scoring opportunity.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1622 on: November 23, 2013, 07:52:21 PM »
I see Martin Jol getting the sack over the next couple of days. Great win for Palace at Hull. One of the best Merseryside derbies Ive seen over the last few years.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1623 on: November 23, 2013, 11:58:55 PM »
really is crucial to get the points on monday now to allow breathing space, as has been said just 4 points between us and 18th!

tgd26

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1624 on: November 24, 2013, 04:34:10 AM »
really is crucial to get the points on monday now to allow breathing space, as has been said just 4 points between us and 18th!

The other way to look at it is we are 2 points from 10th.  Just 1 position below Man City in 9th. On a similar level to Newcastle and Swansea. Either way, probably around where we should hope to be in this league. I'm not saying you haven't got a point about being close to a relegation battle. However, in this league you are never far from the potential of a relegation battle if you perform badly for 3 - 4 games. At the same time a club like ours isn't expected to be just 1 place of Man City in the league after 11 games.

The future's bright but not guaranteed.

Boing Boing!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk