Author Topic: OFFICIAL PREMIER LEAGUE THREAD  (Read 2372799 times)

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

Re: OFFICIAL PREMIER LEAGUE THREAD
« Reply #1475 on: September 30, 2013, 08:10:58 PM »
Romelu Lukaku has opened the scoring for Everton against Newcastle.

Incredible that they would loan him out given his form last season. Quite easily a better option than Eto'o, Demba Ba and Fernando Torres.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #1476 on: September 30, 2013, 08:29:56 PM »
He's just provided an assist for Ross Barkley who makes it 2-0.

Newcastle are looking abject defensively. Chance for Lukaku to bag a few more here.

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1477 on: September 30, 2013, 08:30:39 PM »
Romelu Lukaku has opened the scoring for Everton against Newcastle.

Incredible that they would loan him out given his form last season. Quite easily a better option than Eto'o, Demba Ba and Fernando Torres.

Just cannot understand it Liam! he is on fire at the moment. Had one disallowed earlier on as well. I know a lot of Chelsea fans and they cant believe it either.

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1478 on: September 30, 2013, 08:38:46 PM »
Dont get me wrong im a very happy baggie but just imagine if we had got lukaku aswell! :o

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #1479 on: September 30, 2013, 08:40:47 PM »
Just cannot understand it Liam! he is on fire at the moment. Had one disallowed earlier on as well. I know a lot of Chelsea fans and they cant believe it either.

I guess they will be even more annoyed now.

He's scored again.  :D

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1480 on: September 30, 2013, 08:44:43 PM »
Everton look a force

4 goals now for lukaku,two offside-two on!

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1481 on: September 30, 2013, 08:45:21 PM »
I guess they will be even more annoyed now.

He's scored again.  :D

I just wonder what odds he would be to finish top goalscorer 8)

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1482 on: September 30, 2013, 08:49:55 PM »
Glad we got our trip to Goodison Park out the way early.  :P
the regime don't like it man

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #1483 on: September 30, 2013, 08:53:14 PM »
I just wonder what odds he would be to finish top goalscorer 8)

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/top-goalscorer

33/1 at Betfred

25/1 at Bet Victor

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1484 on: September 30, 2013, 09:12:27 PM »
P45 for Mourinho if Lukaku keeps banging them in. The Chelski manager is already feeling the pressure judging by his pathetic walk out at today's Press conference.

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1485 on: September 30, 2013, 09:25:31 PM »
Great goal by Cabeye.

wba1993dave

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1486 on: September 30, 2013, 09:29:44 PM »
In a way we have done what Spurs have done after losing Bale. Lost one class player(Lukaku) but replaced him with 4 very good one's. Lukaku was a good short term solution but Everton will have same problem come the end of the season.
BOING BOING

Aixelsyd

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1487 on: September 30, 2013, 10:11:03 PM »
In a way we have done what Spurs have done after losing Bale. Lost one class player(Lukaku) but replaced him with 4 very good one's. Lukaku was a good short term solution but Everton will have same problem come the end of the season.

..... try in January

I bet he will be recalled by Chelsea in New Year
On a roundel paly of thirteen argent and azure a missel thrush perched on a hawthorn branch leaved and fructed proper.

wbasoprano

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1488 on: October 01, 2013, 12:46:00 AM »
..... try in January

I bet he will be recalled by Chelsea in New Year

I'm sure I heard there was no recall clause in the loan, do he's there for the season and the special one is an idiot.
Allllllll aboard

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1489 on: October 01, 2013, 02:21:42 AM »
its unbelievable Chelsea are not using him...I simply do not get it.

Possibly Chelseas best striker the guy is unit and without looking through my Rose Tinted Specs and from a footballing point of view he was absolutely correct to goto Everton, not only are they a perennial Premier League Team they always seem 5th or 6th, Lukaku is a player that could push them into a Champions League place and he believed he is the player who could take them to the next level and if he did he would probably move there permanently and continue his education but playing CL football too..

I have a lot of respect for that guy he has his head right screwed on and understands how football works and with humbleness

Great Player looking forward to watching his career.

Could you imagine Lukaku, Sess, Amalfitano, Sinclair if we had got him....

So gutting not too have had a chance to have seen that

but Berahino has softened the blow a little

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

Aixelsyd

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1490 on: October 01, 2013, 03:14:49 AM »
I'm sure I heard there was no recall clause in the loan, do he's there for the season and the special one is an idiot.

not that I know for sure... but didn't Clarke say last season that ALL Season long loans have a January recall clause????
On a roundel paly of thirteen argent and azure a missel thrush perched on a hawthorn branch leaved and fructed proper.

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1491 on: October 01, 2013, 05:05:35 AM »

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1492 on: October 01, 2013, 09:32:58 AM »
not that I know for sure... but didn't Clarke say last season that ALL Season long loans have a January recall clause????

I thought that was the case but did see a comment from Mourinho the other week at his news conference where he clearly said Lukaku couldn't be recalled in January. I don't know if he meant that a recall clause wasn't part of the deal or whether its just him being stubburn and simply not entertaining the idea of admitting he's dropped a right bollock by letting him go in the first place.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #1493 on: October 01, 2013, 01:39:50 PM »

I think they do have re-call clauses.

If I remember, we had a clause in Lukaku's contract that after a certain date he could not be recalled until the season finished. My memory of it is pretty vague.

RuncornBaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1494 on: October 01, 2013, 05:05:22 PM »
I went to Goodison Park last night.  Boy Lukaku was quality!  How much did Chelsea pay for him?  £17 million?  I honest believe that if someone went to Chelsea with £15 million then we could get him.  He is obviously not in Chelsea's plans! 

A lot of money for someone like us but would be a snip for anyone at that price.
Heyyyyyyy, Tim Sherwood, Oooh, Aahh, I wanna knowwww..........Why you're such a.............

wbasoprano

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1495 on: October 01, 2013, 05:13:49 PM »
I thought that was the case but did see a comment from Mourinho the other week at his news conference where he clearly said Lukaku couldn't be recalled in January. I don't know if he meant that a recall clause wasn't part of the deal or whether its just him being stubburn and simply not entertaining the idea of admitting he's dropped a right bollock by letting him go in the first place.

That might be what I was thinking of too. Does sound like him being stubborn  :)
Allllllll aboard

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1496 on: October 01, 2013, 06:53:03 PM »
That might be what I was thinking of too. Does sound like him being stubborn  :)

Clearly Mourinho has his own ideas of how Chelsea should play, and the likes of Lukaku and Mata apparently aren't natural fits for those ideas. Lukaku hasn't set the world on fire when he has played for Chelsea, but I suspect that is because he has been asked to play a game that doesn't really suit him (back against the goal and more of a pivot rather than a battering ram down the middle) and he hasn't been as involved as he should be. Mata apparently is seen as too lightweight defensively by Jose.

Old Jose has become dogmatic rather than pragmatic. We'll see how that works for him.

Aixelsyd

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1497 on: October 01, 2013, 11:06:48 PM »
I guess it just goes to prove that Everton were smart enough to remember the mistake we made last season and got rid of the recall clause before it could become a worry ;)

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/football-martinez-heaps-praise-lukaku-222827932--sow.html

Everton manager Roberto Martinez confirmed there is no recall option for Romelu Lukaku after the on-loan Chelsea striker netted twice in a 3-2 win over Newcastle.

Returning Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho allowed Lukaku to go out on loan on transfer deadline day a month ago, prompting surprise in some quarters.
That has been highlighted by Lukaku's latest brace, which took his league tally to more than all the strikers at Stamford Bridge put together.
Fortunately for Martinez, the loan agreement is for a full season so there is no chance of an early recall.
"I could be sweating now if that was the case," said the Spaniard.
He also confirmed that Gareth Barry, on loan from Manchester City, has signed a similar agreement and would stay for the entire season.

Greenock Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1498 on: October 02, 2013, 08:05:41 PM »
Shall I tell you all why Lukaku wont ever play regular football for Chelsea ??

Its as plain as the nose on your face. Lukaku isn't a Chelsea "type" player. What I mean is Chelsea play their way into scoring positions with crisp one touch quick passing. Watching Lukaku against Newcastle, his first touch was not a Chelsea first touch. Lukaku is more of a battering ram player than a technical type player which is what Chelsea need/use !!

That's why he will do well at Everton and why he did well with us. We need the battering ram as by and large, us and Everton do rely on long balls to forwards rather than Arsenal/Chelsea penetration into the box. We do play some crisp passing, don't get me wrong but Lukaku is an Everton/WBA type player, HE WILL NEVER BE A CHELSEA type player !!!
He's a lad from the Wrenna

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1499 on: October 03, 2013, 04:51:24 PM »
Met police now arresting anyone using the Y word at spurs v west ham at the weekend. It sounds farcical and like the FA, who started the notion it was racist even though spurs fans use it about themself, are trying to push attention elsewhere, haven't they got other things to worry about?