Author Topic: Punishment in Football  (Read 1953 times)

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

Punishment in Football
« on: March 18, 2013, 03:34:22 AM »
3.30 AM, wide awake due to son not sleeping and meant to have work in the morning. Isn't life grand?!

Anyways.... watched MotD earlier and saw the dreadful tackle by McManaman against the Newcastle player. Got me thinking, what would be a suitable punishment for this type of challenge? It's clear that the lad wasn't going for the ball and followed through.

My suggestion is that players that make tackles like this shouldn't be banned for 3 or 5 games, they should be banned for the entire time that the player they injured is out for + fined heavily. Maybe then it will make players think, if they have to miss 6 or 8 months of playing time.

BaggieJames114

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Punishment in Football
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 10:16:39 AM »
Reminded me of that thug Hutton on Long. Nothing retrospective with probably happen

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 10:18:48 AM »
makes me shudder just seeing it in my head again.That could have been the worst possible leg break
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Greenock Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2013, 10:19:23 AM »
Reminded me of that thug Hutton on Long. Nothing retrospective with probably happen
Not neccessarily so, as the ref didnt see it or take action at the time, the player could be disciplined retrospectively by the F.A !
He's a lad from the Wrenna

wdbroun

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2013, 06:16:08 PM »
3.30 AM, wide awake due to son not sleeping and meant to have work in the morning. Isn't life grand?!
And the crazy thing is, one day you will actually miss these moments. Enjoy them, as they vanish in a blink.  :D

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2013, 01:52:24 AM »
And the crazy thing is, one day you will actually miss these moments. Enjoy them, as they vanish in a blink.  :D
...or a break. ;)
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.