Author Topic: OFFICIAL CHAMPIONSHIP THREAD  (Read 1325454 times)

ben_westbrom and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

BlackCountryPride68

• Junior Baggie

Re: OFFICIAL CHAMPIONSHIP THREAD
« Reply #5200 on: July 18, 2020, 02:40:44 PM »
That was bit like being subjected to a mock execution. Hopefully we'll rework the trauma to produce great works à la Dostoevsky. More likely we'll throw it all away again against QPR.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5201 on: July 18, 2020, 02:41:53 PM »
Jenkins needs to pop down to the bank on Monday and get Bilic his promotion bonus ready in cash (if we do it) and print off Slav’s P45 too.
You're entitled to your opinion, but don't think its widely shared.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Aztech

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5202 on: July 18, 2020, 02:41:57 PM »
Maclean, Chester and Batth were all very good today
It is not the taking part, but the winning that counts.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5203 on: July 18, 2020, 02:43:41 PM »
Jenkins needs to pop down to the bank on Monday and get Bilic his promotion bonus ready in cash (if we do it) and print off Slav’s P45 too.

Do you think the Brentford fans are saying the same about their manager after todays result? I think not.

MAGA!

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5204 on: July 18, 2020, 02:45:23 PM »
Maclean, Chester and Batth were all very good today
Was half expecting Ba’ath to boot one in his own net late on ! ;D ;D
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #5205 on: July 18, 2020, 02:47:10 PM »
Straight back with the initiative  ??? ??? ??? ???

Love this division at times!!

Now we have to beat QPR

We’ve been given a 2nd chance
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

pete

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5206 on: July 18, 2020, 02:48:00 PM »
Do you think the Brentford fans are saying the same about their manager after todays result? I think not.
weve not just been poor in 1 game weve been poor since December. I dont think Slav is good enough. Passionate yes good not really.
Kiss and make up sex is the best around, after all its better than no sex!

Groovephil

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5207 on: July 18, 2020, 02:49:02 PM »
I put £100 on a Brentford win to ease the pain. Happy to lose that. How much do I put on QPR Wednesday is the question? 😂😂😂

Aztech

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5208 on: July 18, 2020, 02:49:57 PM »
I put £100 on a Brentford win to ease the pain. Happy to lose that. How much do I put on QPR Wednesday is the question? 😂😂😂

Go with £100k  ;D
It is not the taking part, but the winning that counts.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5209 on: July 18, 2020, 02:50:43 PM »

Give it up.  Bililc took charge with a 2 year plan to get us to the Prem.  IF (BIG IF knowing us!) we go up, then we're a year ahead of schedule.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5210 on: July 18, 2020, 02:51:37 PM »
weve not just been poor in 1 game weve been poor since December. I dont think Slav is good enough. Passionate yes good not really.

With our strike force and keeper it's a miracle we're this close to promotion.

PartisanBaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5211 on: July 18, 2020, 02:52:43 PM »

My thoughts exactly. His jobs only going to get harder IF we go up and I don’t believe he’s up to the task. Great, likeable personality but not a good enough manager.

Groovephil

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5212 on: July 18, 2020, 02:53:26 PM »
With our strike force and keeper it's a miracle we're this close to promotion.

You can’t argue with that statement.

Whatever happens I can’t see us starting next season with any of them in the first team.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5213 on: July 18, 2020, 02:54:22 PM »
My thoughts exactly. His jobs only going to get harder IF we go up and I don’t believe he’s up to the task. Great, likeable personality but not a good enough manager.

So we've been good for half a season, poor for half a season - and you're taking the poor half as evidence he's not good enough?  Why not take the good half as evidence he is?  If we get promoted, then he IS good enough to stay in charge.  You don't sack a manager for getting you promoted too soon.

ronnie_allen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5214 on: July 18, 2020, 02:55:48 PM »
They had a couple of close shaves near the end, but overall the Stokies matched them and were up for it. That stand in keeper for Butland wasn't bad.

Yep. Was actually happy that Butland wasn't playing during the game.

PartisanBaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5215 on: July 18, 2020, 02:55:51 PM »
Give it up.  Bililc took charge with a 2 year plan to get us to the Prem.  IF (BIG IF knowing us!) we go up, then we're a year ahead of schedule.

We were already a year behind schedule when the 2 year Bilic contract was negotiated.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5216 on: July 18, 2020, 02:56:54 PM »
We were already a year behind schedule when the 2 year Bilic contract was negotiated.

Bilic was told it was a 2 year plan to get us back into the Prem when he signed.  I don't know where you get your forecasts from.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5217 on: July 18, 2020, 03:03:06 PM »

We are two sides at the moment and you never know which side is going to turn up. However, the table does not lie and we are now one game away from promotion with it back in our hands. We have too many passengers in our team and I am sure that point is not missed on the manager. I am sure the departure door will be in full swing in the close season, but if we win on Wednesday then surely you have to give Slav a chance.

Only at the Albion could you have a team one game away from automatic promotion, and because of a few poor performance, fans are calling for the sack. Unbelievable.

This is a rhetorical question and does not need answering, but after you have given the best manager we have had for some time his cards, who would you like to replace him? Please take into account the cost of getting rid of SB, managers available, funds available and who would actually play the type of football we want to see.....and finding someone who actually wants to come to us? [why is he unemployed in the first place?]

To avoid stepping over the mark on this forum, please do not put any names forward........   
MAGA!

pete

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5218 on: July 18, 2020, 03:12:31 PM »
So we've been good for half a season, poor for half a season - and you're taking the poor half as evidence he's not good enough?  Why not take the good half as evidence he is?  If we get promoted, then he IS good enough to stay in charge.  You don't sack a manager for getting you promoted too soon.
Do you think his decisions since returning from the break have been any that a sane person would make? Taking off a fighter and leaving on a chicken without a head?

Weve thrown away points in this past 3 weeks that are due to his ineptitude and stupid decisions. Teams dont fear us like they did in the first half of the season.

The point about the keeper and strikers are valid but why not try up and coming players breed them if not why was this not sorted in Januarys window? He seems clueless when we have a hard game, when we have to break teams down he Hope's Grady and Pereira can get us out of the proverbial. I would have tried Robinson up front, Hal is Dire, Austin lasts about 30 minutes so try something new.
Kiss and make up sex is the best around, after all its better than no sex!

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5219 on: July 18, 2020, 03:14:06 PM »
Last chance saloon just reopened

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5220 on: July 18, 2020, 03:18:47 PM »
Do you think his decisions since returning from the break have been any that a sane person would make? Taking off a fighter and leaving on a chicken without a head?

Weve thrown away points in this past 3 weeks that are due to his ineptitude and stupid decisions. Teams dont fear us like they did in the first half of the season.

The point about the keeper and strikers are valid but why not try up and coming players breed them if not why was this not sorted in Januarys window? He seems clueless when we have a hard game, when we have to break teams down he Hope's Grady and Pereira can get us out of the proverbial. I would have tried Robinson up front, Hal is Dire, Austin lasts about 30 minutes so try something new.

I'm not saying he's not made mistakes - I just don't think they're worth sacking him for.  I see the logic in taking off Livermore for someone with a bit more passing guile - I disagreed with the decision but there is some logic there. 

I'm not convinced the transfer window was the managers fault - how much say does he have in what we spend and where? 

I agree about trying Robinson up front, I'm as critical as anyone of our front three, I refuse to believe that Bilic is happy with the options he has - we can all see it so I'm sure he can.

Disagree about throwing in youngsters up there - we need the points, they're pressure games, that's not the time to blood youngsters in.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5221 on: July 18, 2020, 03:22:20 PM »
How many weeks have we been in top 2 ?

TheBaggieMan

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5222 on: July 18, 2020, 03:23:03 PM »

I think that if we do get promoted and that’s still a big IF,  as a mark of gratitude we should allow Stoke  to beat us twice next season.
😉
West Brom 2023/24
Has Sticky the Stick Insect finally got unstuck from that sticky bun?
Great stuff under Corberan - keep it up Baggies!

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5223 on: July 18, 2020, 03:24:03 PM »
How many weeks have we been in top 2 ?

Since September.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #5224 on: July 18, 2020, 03:29:03 PM »
I think that if we do get promoted and that’s still a big IF,  as a mark of gratitude we should allow Stoke  to beat us twice next season.
😉

But we'll be in different divisions, surely  ;)

Unless you are attempting to rub it in a little with them  :D
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.