Author Topic: 27 Feb 2021 Albion 1 Brighton & HA 0  (Read 34477 times)

Aussie Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Pre Match Chat
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2021, 11:45:00 AM »
How many matches is Semi suspended for?

Surely not 3 for a handball.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

Re: match officials
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2021, 12:07:10 PM »
Obviously like any sensible, fair minded football fan I cannot condone making death threats to officials nor their relatives. The result of what is merely a game and is open to mistakes and errors from players and officials alike is never worthy of after match threats of any sort.

On the other hand, with regard to referees like Mason, Dean, Oliver etc. And based on past evidence regarding our team, I would accept a little light dismemberment. The separation without prior warning, or pain relief, of digits, ears or anything they have at least two of, from the rest of their body, should be carried out in a formal ceremony on the centre spot. The ceremony should be in the full view of the tv audience and players and officials of both teams. Accompanying the ceremony as a backdrop there would be a film of their base and heinous wrong decisions against us. This would then serve as a warning to others of their ilk who appear believe that they can give our opponents unfair advantages in any game they officiate without repercussions.

All that is required is a couple more fair and open minded West Brom supporters like meself to pass sentence. Er I mean to review the evidence after the matches.
I'd settle for giving them the bumps. 10 rounds for every dodgy decision.
Or get them to run a Wipeout style gauntlet, from penalty spot to penalty spot, whilst we pelt them with pay shooters and cattas.

In fact, let's forget the football and start a new sport! :)

wodenson46

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2021, 12:19:30 PM »
You had me until the suggestion we wait until the end of the game.

My thinking was that after the match might encourage an element of objectivity during the game itself. Always open to suggestions though sir, At what point would you suggest the operation should be carried out ?  :-\

Love the idea of a new sport Setteefeet, but my fair minded approach would need a reason to subject them to this. - Hang on they want to be referees - good enough for me mate - excellent suggestion. Perhaps start off just as half time entertainment with nominated contestants ;D

Blowee

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2021, 12:22:27 PM »
Bissouma is coveted by several EPL clubs
Dunk and White are decent backs
Trossard is dangerous on his day
March crosses are dangerous, Gross has scored from the edge of the area against us.
Interesting to se how we get on against this Potter-Ashworth team in the process of construction.

I would pick:-

Johnstone
Furlong OShea Bartley Townsend
                Yokuslu
 AMN Pereira  Gallagher Robinson
                 Daigne

Enables either MP or Robinson the chance to play support to Mbaye.  I've a hunch that Robinson is more effective converting knockdowns than Pereira who is the best at carrying the ball from midfield.
I would go similar but may have Diangana on the right of midfield and replace Furlong with Maitland Niles.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2021, 12:38:08 PM »
How many matches is Semi suspended for?

Surely not 3 for a handball.
No just one
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

baggiebof

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2021, 01:25:33 PM »
I expect team selection will be the same but with O'Shea in for Ajayi and Snodgrass in place of Phillips if fit. I'd like Maitland-Niles to be on the fight of the central three to exploit the space that Pereira leaves when drifts inside as well as covering him defensively.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

Team
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2021, 01:26:40 PM »

Johnstone

Furlong                    O'Shea                            Bartley                    Townsend

Yokuslu

Maitland-Niles                            Gallagher                                  Diangana

Pereira     

Diagne

Subs: Button,  Gibbs, Ivanovic, Livermore, Snodgrass, Phillips, HRK, Robinson, Grant       
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2021, 02:32:31 PM »
My thinking was that after the match might encourage an element of objectivity during the game itself. Always open to suggestions though sir, At what point would you suggest the operation should be carried out ?  :-\.........

I'd suggest a swift knee to the soft spots as they walk across the car park prior to entering the stadium to focus their attentions. Then a quick reminder with another swift knee to the soft spots during the warm up. Let nature take it's course thereafter, whatever the minute mark of the game.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Team
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2021, 06:54:32 PM »
Snodgrass out per Sam, so expect Phillips to deputise. Sam seems to have a blind spot as far as he is concerned.............shame.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

Re: Team
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2021, 08:34:02 PM »
Dont think we can afford to keep shunting periera out wide if we really are trying to survive however unlikely it may be.

Johnstone
Furlong ajayi bartley Townsend
Amn Gallagher okay Robinson
               Periera
                Mbaye

Would be my team
O Albion we love you

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2021, 08:14:11 AM »
Looks like Snodgrass will miss out due to injury. I guess Matt Phillips will remain in the side.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2021, 08:53:27 AM »
I'd settle for giving them the bumps. 10 rounds for every dodgy decision.
Or get them to run a Wipeout style gauntlet, from penalty spot to penalty spot, whilst we pelt them with pay shooters and cattas.

In fact, let's forget the football and start a new sport! :)

Reminds me of some years ago we went paint balling, there was a stag do there, at the end of the day the stag was stripped and made to run the gauntlet while all unused ammo was unleashed onto his pasty pink torso, Poor lad caught some absolute brahmers, the squeals from him and the howls of delight from his mates really were a thing to behold.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2021, 11:02:16 AM »
Looks like Snodgrass will miss out due to injury. I guess Matt Phillips will remain in the side.

Reading that made me die a little inside

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2021, 11:42:15 AM »
Reading that made me die a little inside
Me too. Just hope Allardyce goes for this and plays Diangana, Grant or Robinson.
It really is a must win game for me, not in terms of survival, as I believe that has already gone, but in terms of confidence and building on the last two performances. We need to prove we know how to win!

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2021, 11:45:26 AM »
Reminds me of some years ago we went paint balling, there was a stag do there, at the end of the day the stag was stripped and made to run the gauntlet while all unused ammo was unleashed onto his pasty pink torso, Poor lad caught some absolute brahmers, the squeals from him and the howls of delight from his mates really were a thing to behold.
Off topic, but one of the funniest moments ever. We went paintballing and my mate tried to jump over a fence and got his overalls snagged, exposing his spuds. It was a moment of beauty as both teams put aside their differences and united in taking potshots at his danglers whilst he tried to wriggle free.
Happy Days.  :D

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2021, 01:14:01 PM »
Like playing with 10 men when Phillips plays offers nothing.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2021, 01:48:58 PM »
Like playing with 10 men when Phillips plays offers nothing.
If Phillips is that poor, why do successive managers keep picking him? I would agree that Diangana is better on his day, but probably not yet.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2021, 02:39:00 PM »
If Phillips is that poor, why do successive managers keep picking him? I would agree that Diangana is better on his day, but probably not yet.
A bit like Livermore in that it's a combination of reputation and perception, that's all I can put it down to.
Of course the manager should see past that, but, I don't know a single fan who would pick him out of the 4 available, so it is a mystery.

Because, the simple fact is he is that poor.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2021, 03:32:33 PM »
A bit like Livermore in that it's a combination of reputation and perception, that's all I can put it down to.
Of course the manager should see past that, but, I don't know a single fan who would pick him out of the 4 available, so it is a mystery.

Because, the simple fact is he is that poor.
Why would experienced managers be stuck on reputation? What is perception anyway?

I think Phillips is able to burst past opponents, but its in bursts rather than being sustained in a consistent manner. I would certainly pick him above Grant and probably Robinson. Also Diangana on current form, but I am hoping and expecting that Dianga picks up soon where he left off last season.

I think Phillips biggest problem is consistency. He doesn't seem to be a 90 minutes man, but that doesn't mean he can't be effective over shorter periods.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2021, 06:02:29 PM »
Phillips showed during our last relegation battle that he has no fight in him whatsoever. He's another one past his prime that for some reason we offered an extended contract. When will we ever learn?
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2021, 06:07:04 PM »
Phillips showed during our last relegation battle that he has no fight in him whatsoever. He's another one past his prime that for some reason we offered an extended contract. When will we ever learn?

This.

Cant believe we gave him an extension. Now we are stuck with him because no one else will buy him.

NJS

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2021, 09:48:31 AM »
Can't help thinking that we ought to get something out of this one.  We lost narrowly under the old regime, the BHA squad is roughly similar and BS has his new men in our squad.  Surely he has had sufficient time to make an improvement? 
Hales Owen born. 
Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has. Rene Descartes

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2021, 10:10:43 AM »
Can't help thinking that we ought to get something out of this one.  We lost narrowly under the old regime, the BHA squad is roughly similar and BS has his new men in our squad.  Surely he has had sufficient time to make an improvement?
Draw wasn't it ? Woeful 1st half from memory

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2021, 10:36:05 AM »
Draw wasn't it ? Woeful 1st half from memory

Yeah 1-1 Grants one and only goal for us. We were so poor first half but much better second and probably should have won it really.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2021, 10:49:45 AM »
At we won't see that lumbering **** put through his own goal again!

We indeed should have won, Pereira going close on 2 occasions. Think it was the last decent game Krov had for us.

Hopefully we'll have too much for them today.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.