Author Topic: 2 Jan 2021 Albion 0 Arsenal 4  (Read 56499 times)

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

2 Jan 2021 Albion 0 Arsenal 4
« on: December 20, 2020, 09:39:45 PM »
West Bromwich Albion v Arsenal

Saturday 2nd January 2021 20.00pm

Please use this board for all your After Match Debate. Away fans are reminded to abide by the site rules.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

In Game Chat
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2020, 09:40:50 PM »

Please use this board for all your In Game Chat. Opposition fans are reminded to abide by the site rules

Please keep this board Albion related, there are boards elsewhere in General Sports to discuss other games

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

Pre Match Chat
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2020, 09:41:14 PM »

Please use this board for all your Pre Match Chat. Opposition fans are reminded to abide by the site rules

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Pre Match Chat
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2020, 09:16:28 AM »
I'm not much of a gambling man normally but thought to myself WTF why not, so just had me a little flutter on the ballot for an Arsenal ticket!

The West Midlands, including Sandwell, is more likely to be in tier 4 than 2 by then I know but guess that's how gambling fever takes over from logic!

Have a good Christmas and New Year guys and girls and COYB
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

ronnie_allen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2020, 10:53:07 PM »
Hopefully we still consider Arsenal to be a big club. Whatever about a result we might at least put in a decent performance.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2020, 11:16:56 PM »
Jekyll or Hyde ?
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

koren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2020, 07:08:54 AM »
Is Sam Field available for this one?
Would like to see him play alongside Gallagher.
The PRIDE of midlands

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2020, 12:39:54 PM »
I'm not much of a gambling man normally but thought to myself WTF why not, so just had me a little flutter on the ballot for an Arsenal ticket!........

Afternoon Frank. Me and the lad have thrown our hats into the ring for this one too. With the luck I've had this year I'm bound to be plucked from obscurity and find both Sandwell and Birmingham in tier two. That jammy so and so of mine's bound to  get off scot free though, more jam than Hartley's that lad  ;D  :-X .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2020, 08:58:14 PM »
A draw isn't enough. It's a must win game. Arsenal aren't very good, certainly weaker than Leeds. So we might be able to do it but we are in such a state that you wouldn't trust us to win if Arsenal stayed in the dressing room.

johnnyg

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2020, 10:34:06 PM »
After the Leeds fiasco, where would you possibly start with picking the team for this one ?

I'd have Sam Johnstone, Dara O'Shea and Conor Gallagher......and after that, I am at a complete loss who to put in.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2020, 10:42:57 AM »
After the Leeds fiasco, where would you possibly start with picking the team for this one ?

I'd have Sam Johnstone, Dara O'Shea and Conor Gallagher......and after that, I am at a complete loss who to put in.

Currently our best three without a doubt. Some of the remainder are capable of more than they are achieving. I just hope SA and company are capable of squeezing blood from stones.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2020, 10:56:13 AM »
If all available I would go:

Johnstone

Furlong  Ajayi   O'Shea  Gibbs

Field

Robinson  Pereira  Gallagher  Grosicky

Grant

If Gibbs is out god knows who plays left back, probably Peltier as there is pretty much no one else.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2020, 11:00:00 AM »

Pereira surely??

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2020, 12:00:44 PM »
Arsenal have been bad this season and fairly blunt in attack I think we will get a glorious 0:0 draw with 10 behind the ball.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2020, 12:07:16 PM »
Arsenal have been bad this season and fairly blunt in attack I think we will get a glorious 0:0 draw with 10 behind the ball.

And that is just about as optimistic as I would dare to be. God knows what team he will pick but he surely cannot persist with not picking the guy who is by far our most talented player... or can he?

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2020, 12:10:46 PM »
Probably do the same as before, put a half decent performance in against Arsenal & maybe nick a point. Get our hopes up a tiny bit again then get nobbed by the dingles to smash us back down to reality.

Be easier if they just kept getting hammered at least there still wouldn’t be small voices in the back our heads after the decent performances saying we still have hope

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2020, 12:57:18 PM »
I know what you mean.

Incredibly strange season on so many levels, but this team give us a glimmer of hope against the sides we expect to be hammered by yet crumble to mediocre sides we must expect points from.

With the empty stadiums, sanitised tv coverage, VAR corruption and pathetic performances it's certainly not been enjoyed !!!!
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2020, 04:05:49 PM »
10 men behind ball against Arsenal and hope players do their jobs, keep it tight and put another point on board. Sam clearly doesn't rate this lot so damage limitation until he can bring in player's he can trust.

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2020, 04:07:04 PM »
10 men behind ball against Arsenal and hope players do their jobs, keep it tight and put another point on board. Sam clearly doesn't rate this lot so damage limitation until he can bring in player's he can trust.

He's going to have to trust at least 7 of them regardless, as I can't see us bringing in more than 4 in January, and I think it could be as low as one or two

He/him

NJS

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2020, 04:48:27 PM »
Pereira surely??

And that is just about as optimistic as I would dare to be. God knows what team he will pick but he surely cannot persist with not picking the guy who is by far our most talented player... or can he?

Pereira's a ball to feet player.  He has no place in an Allardyce team.  My guess is that he will be sold and replaced by 3 X Dean Windass Mk2's
Hales Owen born. 
Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has. Rene Descartes

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2020, 05:01:59 PM »
He's going to have to trust at least 7 of them regardless, as I can't see us bringing in more than 4 in January, and I think it could be as low as one or two
probably get in four ball already rolling with apparent offer for Nitcham of Celtic

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2020, 05:04:12 PM »
Pereira's a ball to feet player.  He has no place in an Allardyce team.  My guess is that he will be sold and replaced by 3 X Dean Windass Mk2's
A Dean Windass MK 2, k&n air filter, technics printed sun visor and lowered suspension....sounds magic
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2020, 05:32:14 PM »
That's when the decline of the club will start to become clear.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2021, 05:24:22 PM »
Inspiring & motivating team talk ????????????

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/west-bromwich-albion/2021/01/01/west-brom-livelihoods-depend-on-survival-says-sam/

"At least we have had a few days to recover because, for me, looking at the players against Leeds they hadn’t recovered very well from the Liverpool game."

Well Sam, as manager, perhaps you should have noticed that fact BEFORE the match and picked some of the squad who looked fresher and more rested.