Author Topic: DOES ANYONE KNOW?  (Read 4122 times)

Turkish baggie

DOES ANYONE KNOW?
« on: March 20, 2012, 05:53:33 AM »
Inshallah I will be coming to England in about 12 months time. Its been donkeys years since I came to that 'green and pleasant land'. During my stay I would like to meet up with some of the lads from Tipton or Dudley, the ones I would go to the games with us in those iconic days gone by! Skinheads, suedeheads the lads who would die for the Albion!
If anyone out there knows Tony Jordan, Donny & Paul Roberts, Donny Shinn, Johnny Turner, Harry Hinnett, Barry Thompson, George Holland, Mutley and Kevin Earnshaw(Ernie) or in fact anyone who in those days (1970 to about 1983) would go to the matches with the Tipton lads who met in the Bush, Parklane Tipton, The Blackcountryman Tipton, The or Brittainner Tipton, let them know and if they want to make contact do it through personnal messages on this board.
I have asked the admin of this site if its ok and they said yes.

THANK YOU ALL IN ADVANCE  :)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 11:29:10 AM by OldburyWBA »

RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager

Re: DOES ANYONE KNOW?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 01:57:22 PM »
Has Donny Shinn got a son with the same name aged about 21?

Id so i played football with him a couple of years back so may be able to dig out a way to get in touch.
I only go for the beer.

Turkish baggie

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 06:37:04 PM »
Has Donny Shinn got a son with the same name aged about 21?

Id so i played football with him a couple of years back so may be able to dig out a way to get in touch.

Thanks for your post. When I last saw Donny Shinn, or even spoke to him he wasn't with any specific woman. He may have a child but I don't know? Donny was in the Royal Navy at 16 and when he came out he lived in Ocker Hill Tipton. He would be about 58 now and like most people in those days he had the Saint emblem, with boots, tattooed on his arm with Tipton Albion underneath.

Tipton Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 07:08:54 PM »
turkish hes me uncle....i'll pm you...rowls thats me cousin donny
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 08:00:18 PM by Tipton Baggie »

RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2012, 02:42:56 PM »
Small world! Played with him in the old limerick team.
I only go for the beer.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2012, 04:04:53 PM »
Love these sort of threads, Turkish, what took you to Turkey?
Baggie in Southampton

Turkish baggie

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2012, 05:25:32 AM »
Love these sort of threads, Turkish, what took you to Turkey?

Good question.   :D
Well in the 80's & 90's I worked for a company installing m/ces worldwide. Each installation would last around a 1 mnth, some even 5mnths if alot of training was required, so most of the year I was out of the country(thats when the bug for seeing the world got me) I gradually moved up in the company to the position of running it within a group. The latter 90's I did a management buyout. Things went well & sold m/ces in South Africa, USA, Poland, Egypt, Saudi Arabia & Russia.
I went on business to Iran & things went great so I lived in Iran for 6 mnths and was close to going into a partnership with a Iranian, who believe it or not had another home in Bewdley!! Then the regime changed and I had to get out. I decided to go even further east & spent 3 yrs living(although I would come back for brief periods as I had my company to look after) in China developing the market & it went so well I opened a sales office in Shanghai & Ho Chi Min City I also went into a manufacturing partnership with a chinese engineering company making m/ced parts, which went on the m/ces and for spares, in Shenzhen China (about 3hrs drive from Hong Kong)
I set up agencies in Cambodia, Thailand & Taiwan. I trained all my chinese & Vietnamese staff and was, after selling the m/ces in China & Vietnam, approached by the Chinese government to open factories in Yantai (nw china) & Nantong (about 3hrs west of Shanghai. Anyway after many discussions, right at the death it didn't work out & I left.
At the same time I was approached by a Arabic Group to go into partnership, I eventually built & opened a factory, training all the locals who worked for me in Cairo and lived there for 2yrs.
Then my wife booked a suprise holiday for me in Kalkan Turkey. I had worked in Istanbul earlier and liked the Turkish people and food. Whilst in Cairo I would have a break every 2mnths so instead of coming back to England we would go back to Kalkan.
Things went well in Cairo, I sold out to my Arabic partner and with my wife of 30yrs retired, so now I live in a little but stunning village of Kalkan, SW Turkey.
I've rarely been back to England. I don't miss it as to me the country is on the rocks & I cannot now stand the cold, anyway I'm getting older and I thought I would come over to just meet up with old mates, see the Albion and my rugby club Moseley. My sister lives in Australia so have no family in UK.

I hope I haven't bored you too much with my tale? I never ever talk about it here as, well why should I but all these things happening to a Tipton boy, from a poor family who did his apprenticeship at the Bean and used to get into fights at the Albion! It just shows what can be done but I do thank God everyday for the blessings he as given me and my wife!  :)   
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 05:39:26 AM by Turkish baggie »

Turkish baggie

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2012, 05:43:28 AM »
Small world! Played with him in the old limerick team.

Wow a name from the past. That was the pub in Great Bridge on the island? Never went in there too much except if it was raining whilst waiting either for the 244, 245 or the 74 buses.

Maybe just maybe your old Donny is really my old mate?

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2012, 06:58:42 AM »
Good question.   :D
Well in the 80's & 90's I worked for a company installing m/ces worldwide. Each installation would last around a 1 mnth, some even 5mnths if alot of training was required, so most of the year I was out of the country(thats when the bug for seeing the world got me) I gradually moved up in the company to the position of running it within a group. The latter 90's I did a management buyout. Things went well & sold m/ces in South Africa, USA, Poland, Egypt, Saudi Arabia & Russia.
I went on business to Iran & things went great so I lived in Iran for 6 mnths and was close to going into a partnership with a Iranian, who believe it or not had another home in Bewdley!! Then the regime changed and I had to get out. I decided to go even further east & spent 3 yrs living(although I would come back for brief periods as I had my company to look after) in China developing the market & it went so well I opened a sales office in Shanghai & Ho Chi Min City I also went into a manufacturing partnership with a chinese engineering company making m/ced parts, which went on the m/ces and for spares, in Shenzhen China (about 3hrs drive from Hong Kong)
I set up agencies in Cambodia, Thailand & Taiwan. I trained all my chinese & Vietnamese staff and was, after selling the m/ces in China & Vietnam, approached by the Chinese government to open factories in Yantai (nw china) & Nantong (about 3hrs west of Shanghai. Anyway after many discussions, right at the death it didn't work out & I left.
At the same time I was approached by a Arabic Group to go into partnership, I eventually built & opened a factory, training all the locals who worked for me in Cairo and lived there for 2yrs.
Then my wife booked a suprise holiday for me in Kalkan Turkey. I had worked in Istanbul earlier and liked the Turkish people and food. Whilst in Cairo I would have a break every 2mnths so instead of coming back to England we would go back to Kalkan.
Things went well in Cairo, I sold out to my Arabic partner and with my wife of 30yrs retired, so now I live in a little but stunning village of Kalkan, SW Turkey.
I've rarely been back to England. I don't miss it as to me the country is on the rocks & I cannot now stand the cold, anyway I'm getting older and I thought I would come over to just meet up with old mates, see the Albion and my rugby club Moseley. My sister lives in Australia so have no family in UK.

I hope I haven't bored you too much with my tale? I never ever talk about it here as, well why should I but all these things happening to a Tipton boy, from a poor family who did his apprenticeship at the Bean and used to get into fights at the Albion! It just shows what can be done but I do thank God everyday for the blessings he as given me and my wife!  :)

Thanks for that Turkish, I enjoyed that, always good to read a story of success, hope you enjoy your trip back to blighty.
Baggie in Southampton