Author Topic: Kenneth Zohore  (Read 196668 times)

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

Re: Kenneth Zohore
« Reply #575 on: September 17, 2020, 09:16:50 AM »
Would you give your consent for your own job paying £40,000 a week to be terminated when no-one else would be willing to offer you as much as that afterwards? No, of course not.
loads of contracts are torn up by clubs and player's who are frozen out. Footballers have a short shelf life and most want to play game that they love. Zohore through out his career so far is probably setup for life, he and Albion just didn't work out.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #576 on: September 17, 2020, 09:21:25 AM »
loads of contracts are torn up by clubs and player's who are frozen out. Footballers have a short shelf life and most want to play game that they love. Zohore through out his career so far is probably setup for life, he and Albion just didn't work out.

Name one player who is on 40k a week with a few years left to go who has ripped up their contract willingly to go play elsewhere for much less money.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #577 on: September 17, 2020, 09:39:39 AM »
Burke got a club despite 3 write off seasons, Zohore has had one and his club has stepped up a division, he will have suitors in the Championship. Yes, wages might be a stumbling block but, if all parties are on board, a deal will be done.

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #578 on: September 24, 2020, 10:38:47 AM »
Being reported that we are demanding £8 million for him. If this is true, the club is taking the proverbial. We won't be getting even a sniff at that price I wouldn't have thought.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #579 on: September 24, 2020, 10:43:26 AM »
That's absurd. 3m and wish him well

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #580 on: September 24, 2020, 10:46:05 AM »
Being reported that we are demanding £8 million for him. If this is true, the club is taking the proverbial. We won't be getting even a sniff at that price I wouldn't have thought.

That's about the right pitch, I'm sure the club would sooner be talked down from £8m rather than £3m
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #581 on: September 24, 2020, 10:58:05 AM »
That's about the right pitch, I'm sure the club would sooner be talked down from £8m rather than £3m

I thought that as well. Once everyone has stopped laughing the other club will say ‘ we will give you £4m’ and everyone is happy
MAGA!

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #582 on: September 24, 2020, 11:07:02 AM »
Demand 8m might get 5.5

If thats the difference between a poorer striker and a better one i think we will be happy....wont we?
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #583 on: September 24, 2020, 11:13:24 AM »
Please stop building my hopes up!!!

Can we have a gentleman's agreement that we don't comment until he's gone?? :D

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #584 on: September 24, 2020, 11:16:29 AM »
Demand 8m might get 5.5

If thats the difference between a poorer striker and a better one i think we will be happy....wont we?

My good mate is a Sheff Wed fan and he's livid we're demanding £8m and that Kenneth is on £50kpw. He states that this is a prime example of the waste in the Prem (i totally agree).

I did point out to him we'll probably do something like loan for a year, with them paying the wages and obligation to buy if they survive. Can't see a team starting on -12 points shouting £5m+ on a player?
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #585 on: September 24, 2020, 12:23:19 PM »
In his defence I don't think Zohore's been given a fair crack of the whip during his time at the Albion. If nothing else he might have moved a bit quicker if he had.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #586 on: September 24, 2020, 12:25:36 PM »
My good mate is a Sheff Wed fan and he's livid we're demanding £8m and that Kenneth is on £50kpw. He states that this is a prime example of the waste in the Prem (i totally agree).

I did point out to him we'll probably do something like loan for a year, with them paying the wages and obligation to buy if they survive. Can't see a team starting on -12 points shouting £5m+ on a player?

Cant see him being on £50K. If he is that's ridiculous.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #587 on: September 24, 2020, 12:47:39 PM »
Cant see him being on £50K. If he is that's ridiculous.

This debate has gone on for a while now. Whilst none of us know for sure I think it is clear that he is on north of £40k.... still ridiculous.

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #588 on: September 24, 2020, 12:56:56 PM »

To be fair, is it £8m straight up, or is it £8m like we agreed to pay Cardiff £8m for him?

Because if it's the latter, and requires a much smaller initial downpayment, then I can see why we're doing it that way.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #589 on: September 24, 2020, 02:02:27 PM »
There is no point in asking Sheffield Wednesday or pretty much any other Championship club for £8m plus a wage of even £20k a week because they haven't got it. If he lands there whatever anybody says to the contrary we are taking a loss one way or another.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #590 on: September 24, 2020, 09:47:38 PM »
There is no point in asking Sheffield Wednesday or pretty much any other Championship club for £8m plus a wage of even £20k a week because they haven't got it. If he lands there whatever anybody says to the contrary we are taking a loss one way or another.

Considering the length of contract he signed. We would be better loaning him out and paying 20k and having some other club picking up 20k- saves us just over £1mil a year.
If we could do the same with Austin theres £40k a week we can offer somebody else
O Albion we love you

TheBaggieMan

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #591 on: September 25, 2020, 06:42:24 AM »
Trouble is, what club in their right mind would even take Zohore, Austin or HRK.

Between the three of them they have as much striking power as Sticky the stick insect did when he got stuck on a sticky bun.

West Brom 2023/24
Has Sticky the Stick Insect finally got unstuck from that sticky bun?
Great stuff under Corberan - keep it up Baggies!

wbastrollers

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #592 on: September 25, 2020, 07:28:35 AM »
Trouble is, what club in their right mind would even take Zohore, Austin or HRK.

Between the three of them they have as much striking power as Sticky the stick insect did when he got stuck on a sticky bun.

The stick insect again! Oh! But it is funny isn’t it  :-X
Stoke usually come to our rescue ;D

Canmore Baggie

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #593 on: September 25, 2020, 07:47:07 AM »

Then add in Phillips who has been eating all the sticky buns...

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #594 on: September 25, 2020, 08:08:37 AM »
We are stuck with the three

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #595 on: September 27, 2020, 10:13:49 AM »
Nixon saying today that Sheff Wednesday have offered to pay 25k per week of his wages but we want more paid

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #596 on: September 27, 2020, 10:26:36 AM »
Nixon saying today that Sheff Wednesday have offered to pay 25k per week of his wages but we want more paid

I think that someone at the club must put there hands up and admit defeat. If someone else is paying £25k a week then we in all intense and purpose £25k a week better off.
Will we ever learn from this?
Probably not
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #597 on: September 27, 2020, 11:20:05 AM »
25k pw is over 1m quid for someone who isnt going to contribute to our PL campaign. I guess we are holding out for 30k or more pw.

I'd snap their hands off now though at 25kpw.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #598 on: September 27, 2020, 11:23:10 AM »
25k pw is over 1m quid for someone who isnt going to contribute to our PL campaign. I guess we are holding out for 30k or more pw.

I'd snap their hands off now though at 25kpw.
Agree and, if by some miracle, he has a good season, we may even recoup it in the summer.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #599 on: September 27, 2020, 11:30:04 AM »
Would rather seem him come on for last 20 than HRK.