Author Topic: Dingle watch - Anything Wolves  (Read 2091640 times)

KYA

• WBA Coach

Re: Dingle watch - Anything Wolves
« Reply #7925 on: August 09, 2023, 04:03:45 PM »
Gary O Neill appointed - official
That would'nt impress me as an Albion fan in our position never mind in the Prem

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7926 on: August 09, 2023, 06:26:24 PM »
Got a few visitors from the mix it seems! Hello, welcome.

It’s a sign all isn’t well over at the custard bowl as some have turned their attention to us!

Anyway, did we have a lucky escape with Fosun? I think we’ve got our own problems with the current owners (who are probably worse)  and think on the face of it would rather be in their position as it stands, however as we know it can turn very quickly so who knows what’s around the corner!

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7927 on: August 09, 2023, 06:40:33 PM »
That would'nt impress me as an Albion fan in our position never mind in the Prem

I think he's exactly what they need at the moment. On the other hand it could prove to be an inspired appointment.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7928 on: August 11, 2023, 01:51:33 AM »

And that's why we are fkd.

He did a tremendous job as a cherrie.

Obviously, it is better to get a Bruce type Safe pair of hands

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7929 on: August 19, 2023, 04:19:36 PM »
4 - 0 down at home😂

Oh dear, how sad, nevermind….
MAGA!

BlackCountryPride68

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #7930 on: August 19, 2023, 04:21:44 PM »
4 - 0 down at home😂

Oh dear, how sad, nevermind….

Against the Plastic Albion, to boot. The Premiership table certainly makes for pleasant reading at the moment.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7931 on: August 19, 2023, 04:41:44 PM »
Last year Wolves tried to be more prudent but that backfired were clearly going down at Xmas. Spent some money in Jan and survived.

What will Fosun do in this seasons winter window i wonder?

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7932 on: August 19, 2023, 05:07:56 PM »
They could sell wolves and buy us!

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Last Edit: August 21, 2023, 09:50:39 PM by KYA »

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7935 on: September 08, 2023, 08:49:18 AM »
Dingles in lowlife shocker, nothing to see here
Would we really not expect fans from almost every club to shout the same ?
It’s all great that people want to “be kind” a make the world a nicer place but I’ve heard much worse from Albion fans over the years .
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #7936 on: September 08, 2023, 11:01:36 AM »
Would we really not expect fans from almost every club to shout the same ?
It’s all great that people want to “be kind” a make the world a nicer place but I’ve heard much worse from Albion fans over the years .

its an opportunity to have a dig at the knuckle draggers, get with the programme please.
Albion Family !!!

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7937 on: September 08, 2023, 10:09:39 PM »
its an opportunity to have a dig at the knuckle draggers, get with the programme please.
I quite happy watching my programme thanks
It’s great to knock any rival, but not on a hypocritical point of view

All these adverts at the match “if you see something that isn’t right”….where is the list on what is/isn’t right?
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7938 on: September 09, 2023, 08:55:15 AM »
I quite happy watching my programme thanks
It’s great to knock any rival, but not on a hypocritical point of view

All these adverts at the match “if you see something that isn’t right”….where is the list on what is/isn’t right?

With the Wolves stewards according to the link  ;D
Boing Boing

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7939 on: September 09, 2023, 11:11:03 AM »
I’m with Zippy on this, love a chance to knock the Wolves but all fanbases have the idiots. I’ve heard plenty of stuff like that up the Albion.

And before I get asked why I didn’t report it, well I don’t know the answer to that unfortunately, not great but will admit it.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7940 on: September 09, 2023, 05:59:55 PM »
With the Wolves stewards according to the link  ;D
That question was in relation to what we keep putting on the screens at the hawthorns …

The country needs to retain some perspective and sense of humour,I’m not saying that football crowds should be given carte Blanche ,but it feels like everything is gearing towards turning the entire nation in to being offended and complaining.
Look at Lee Mack at the television awards …a joke about the shape of the award…suddenly there are actual people that want to ruin his career and life…hill Scott did of course have the option to say/post “I wasn’t in the slightest offended move on” but has chosen not to…best wait and see how the general feeling goes and if there’s a big number then cry offence ..

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #7941 on: September 13, 2023, 12:16:50 PM »
As far as I am concerned it is my absolute responsibility to "have a pop" at anything associated with the Dingles or Vile, regardless of hypocrisy, accuracy or offensiveness.

To not do so would be a dereliction of duty on my behalf.

I plead guilty m'lud but I'm not going to apologise for it.
Albion Family !!!

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7942 on: March 02, 2024, 10:11:30 AM »
"Simon Stone

Bad news. @Wolves have recorded a loss of £67.2m for the financial year to 31 May 2023. Good news. After avoiding P&S breach last year, it looks as though they will avoid it (just) for this one as well. Vindication of club's refusal to spend big in summer/Jan."
« Last Edit: March 02, 2024, 11:35:52 AM by gazberg »

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7943 on: March 02, 2024, 01:34:00 PM »
I think that was pretty much common knowledge regarding the wolves. They basically overspent so started to sell to balance the books and avoid a points fine. Regardless of getting away with it for now, I think they will struggle from now on due to Fosun seemingly downing tools. I think their glory days are over thankfully.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7944 on: March 02, 2024, 01:47:20 PM »
I think that was pretty much common knowledge regarding the wolves. They basically overspent so started to sell to balance the books and avoid a points fine. Regardless of getting away with it for now, I think they will struggle from now on due to Fosun seemingly downing tools. I think their glory days are over thankfully.

Their strategy seemed to be 'lose as much money as we can while staying within the rules' but, as you say, how much longer can it go on for?

67.2m loss last year
46.1m loss the year before that
Small profit before that the back to losses.

Looks like they have made around 65-70m this year on transfers so guess will balance it out for next season but can't see them recklessly spending large anytime soon.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7945 on: March 02, 2024, 02:44:57 PM »
"Simon Stone

Bad news. @Wolves have recorded a loss of £67.2m for the financial year to 31 May 2023. Good news. After avoiding P&S breach last year, it looks as though they will avoid it (just) for this one as well. Vindication of club's refusal to spend big in summer/Jan."

Well I have to say vindication is a very nice word for not having had much of a choice in the matter  ;D .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7946 on: March 03, 2024, 06:49:43 PM »

It's not necessarily Fosun 'downing tools', so much as an acknowledgment that the FFP rules no longer allow owners to just keep plowing money in.

There are a whole lot of Premier League clubs who are going to be skirting the line over the next couple of years.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7947 on: March 03, 2024, 07:21:59 PM »
It's not necessarily Fosun 'downing tools', so much as an acknowledgment that the FFP rules no longer allow owners to just keep plowing money in.

There are a whole lot of Premier League clubs who are going to be skirting the line over the next couple of years.

I understand this and I completely agree. However, I'm also talking about the wider context of the Chinese economy/foreign policy which will also affect the Wolves. I don't think the interest has been there for a couple of years now compared to what it once was.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7948 on: March 05, 2024, 06:30:21 PM »
I understand this and I completely agree. However, I'm also talking about the wider context of the Chinese economy/foreign policy which will also affect the Wolves. I don't think the interest has been there for a couple of years now compared to what it once was.

How has the interest not Bern there?

They managed to rid themselves of a prima Donna cheque book manager who wasn't prepared to work within the financial parameters of ffp and managed to replace him with an arguably better younger manager for free who has got them to 8th place I think.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7949 on: March 06, 2024, 10:35:33 PM »
How has the interest not Bern there?

They managed to rid themselves of a prima Donna cheque book manager who wasn't prepared to work within the financial parameters of ffp and managed to replace him with an arguably better younger manager for free who has got them to 8th place I think.

I wouldn't call any manager who won the Europa league a prima donna. As for the interest, we shall see over the coming summer. As I said earlier, they obviously had to cut spending for FFP. Nonetheless, the Chinese economy is in dire straits right now and they will suffer as a result. Their glory days are over and their squad will begin to decline.