Author Topic: Dingle watch - Anything Wolves  (Read 2091840 times)

merlin_mick

Re: Dingle watch - Anything Wolves
« Reply #1225 on: October 27, 2011, 03:20:29 AM »
Walloped tonight by Citeh and a moron ran on the pitch from the south bank end. The sooner this rubbish drifts back into oblivion, the happier I will be. Chumps league here they come....I hope

Walloped? Did you watch the game? yeah the score was 5-2 but even with them getting 3 more goals than us (presuming you can count) I certainly wouldn't say walloped, we dominated the 2nd half and to be honest the fans are actually pleased  :)

RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1226 on: October 27, 2011, 07:46:34 AM »
You mean you dominated after bringing on O'Hara and Henry to play against City's kids who had already taken their foot off?

Easilly pleased springs to mind.
I only go for the beer.

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1227 on: October 27, 2011, 08:48:04 AM »
I liked the look of Suarez he looked very tricky when he came on, wolves put some good crosses in the box, but defensively all over the shop, doyle was rubbish once again as was hunt i think.

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1228 on: October 27, 2011, 09:06:21 AM »
Wolves did have quite a few chances, but if Man City wanted more goals they would have got them easily.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

WSBaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1229 on: October 27, 2011, 11:40:47 AM »
Walloped? Did you watch the game? yeah the score was 5-2 but even with them getting 3 more goals than us (presuming you can count) I certainly wouldn't say walloped, we dominated the 2nd half and to be honest the fans are actually pleased  :)

Hey 'mindless idiot' (Wolves fan). God it's fun watching your club self destruct and even better we have contributed to it  :)

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #1230 on: October 27, 2011, 01:20:24 PM »

All Albion fans can count to at least 11, its something we all managed to learn together a few seasons ago (remember the one ?) but unlike some of our rivals we have to use more than 2 hands whereas many other fans of other clubs can count to 11 using two hands and have a couple of fingers spare  :o
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

merlin_mick

« Reply #1231 on: October 27, 2011, 01:56:25 PM »
You mean you dominated after bringing on O'Hara and Henry to play against City's kids who had already taken their foot off?

Easilly pleased springs to mind.

We brought on O'Hara and Henry, they brought on Milner but still had Dzeko, Toure, Zabaleta, De Jong, Johnson, Kolarov and Nasri playing... kids eh?

up_the_baggies

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1232 on: October 27, 2011, 02:28:31 PM »
To be fair, Wolves aren't the first team to be ripped apart by Citeh, and won't be the last this season.

If they lose against City on Saturday, then Mick surely only has the Wigan game to turn it around?

Moggas barmy army

« Reply #1233 on: October 27, 2011, 03:40:07 PM »
To be fair, Wolves aren't the first team to be ripped apart by Citeh, and won't be the last this season.

If they lose against City on Saturday, then Mick surely only has the Wigan game to turn it around?

So basically mick only has the wigan game to turn it around then  ;D

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1234 on: October 27, 2011, 04:01:57 PM »
RDM was sacked after losing to Man City last season  :-X

Tipton Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1235 on: October 27, 2011, 04:44:04 PM »
I'd love a Baggies fan to find me at least one quote where one of our fans genuinely believed we'd get into European football...
Plenty of em at work, your defence is average Championship...Elokobi was the last man back half the time last night and hes your left back!!!

Hong Kong Phooey

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #1236 on: October 27, 2011, 07:41:48 PM »

You may have dominated the second half but you still lost it 2-1 (presuming you can count)?
They on the other hand only had to dominate for that 4 minute spell just before half time to make sure they were in the hat for the next round  :-*

Shrewd move by MM in putting out a reserve side in a game he knew that they were never going to win - keeps the natives and the board at bay for at least another game - what excuse is he going to use for the defeat this weekend?
In football, as in life, facing up to difficulties makes us stronger…Carlos Corberan

merlin_mick

« Reply #1237 on: October 27, 2011, 08:31:02 PM »
The end of the day it's the Carling Cup... Wasn't an important game.

Let's get back to concentrating on the league.

Dudleylad

• WBA Chairman

« Reply #1238 on: October 27, 2011, 09:05:00 PM »

Just a shame for your lot that Man City will be feeling the same

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1239 on: October 28, 2011, 08:07:36 AM »
But what do you do against this city team, i fear the very worst when we play them especially there wingers against our full backs.

merlin_mick

« Reply #1240 on: October 28, 2011, 10:27:14 AM »
But what do you do against this city team, i fear the very worst when we play them especially there wingers against our full backs.

Agreed, all we can do is try and play our best and produce a result like we did last year against them at the Mol. I don't hold an amazing amount of hope but have to try and stay optimistic.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1241 on: October 28, 2011, 10:08:00 PM »
Pretty sure that Mulumbu , Scharner , Jones , reid and Jonas will be a better "wall" than craddock , elokobis fat ass and ward the rightsorryleftsorryrightsorryleft back.
Did i forget to mention Pete , long and tchoyi , dont underestimate what we have, no one will want to play us when on form...
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Moggas barmy army

« Reply #1242 on: October 28, 2011, 10:22:19 PM »
Pretty sure that Mulumbu , Scharner , Jones , reid and Jonas will be a better "wall" than craddock , elokobis fat ass and ward the rightsorryleftsorryrightsorryleft back.
Did i forget to mention Pete , long and tchoyi , dont underestimate what we have, no one will want to play us when on form...

Dont get too ahead of yourself mate while yes i think wel put up a better fight against city thev still got aguero, dzeko, silva, johnson and a whole host of other quality players that on there day can destroy anyone in this league and abroad. However if wolves loose this weekend to Wigan i think mick can start clearing out his desk

dB

« Reply #1243 on: October 29, 2011, 04:16:24 AM »
Quite a few people putting Wolves down after the result mid week.

It's Man City. A loss is expected. They didn't do too badly imo.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1244 on: October 29, 2011, 10:26:58 AM »
Quite a few people putting Wolves down after the result mid week.

It's Man City. A loss is expected. They didn't do too badly imo.
We are supposed to put Wolves down , its the rules.
I dont think its down to the one result against a very good team , if it was in isolation yes Man city are world class and wolves did have a go , however it is just another defeat in a long row of poor results .
They are in big trouble (but dont sack mick  :D)
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

the rainbow turn east

« Reply #1245 on: October 29, 2011, 03:05:22 PM »
I see Mick McCarthy has left Milijas out again which wont go down well with the natives,
the bloke hasnt got a clue .
Stearman , Henry , and Edwards are simply not good enough for the Prem league .

merlin_mick

« Reply #1246 on: October 29, 2011, 05:36:42 PM »
I see Mick McCarthy has left Milijas out again which wont go down well with the natives,
the bloke hasnt got a clue .
Stearman , Henry , and Edwards are simply not good enough for the Prem league .

And why aren't they good enough? Billy Jones and McCauley are?  :o

Kicking Pigeons

« Reply #1247 on: October 29, 2011, 06:34:50 PM »
The Dingles put up twice the fight against City than we are against Liverpool today, fair play to them.

Hong Kong Phooey

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #1248 on: October 29, 2011, 10:00:15 PM »

Did you lose concentration today or wasn't it an important game...again?
In football, as in life, facing up to difficulties makes us stronger…Carlos Corberan

WSBaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1249 on: October 30, 2011, 01:09:29 AM »
And why aren't they good enough? Billy Jones and McCauley are?  :o

Jones and McAuley have come in and done a solid job and our defence has looked better for it. Sorry but just because they are free transfers from Championship teams doesn't mean they should be labeled not good enough.

How much did Stearman cost you? Can't say he's had a bigger impact than Jones so far can you?

You can't hide from the fact that your squad is littered with championship standard players. Elokobi, Edwards, Stearman, Henry, Ebanks-Blake, Vokes just to name a few, they are all players who have had zero impact on the premier league and have had plenty of time to prove it.