Author Topic: Dingle watch - Anything Wolves  (Read 2091892 times)

• Baby Baggie

Re: Dingle watch - Anything Wolves
« Reply #6800 on: May 06, 2018, 07:55:21 PM »
When you win the league with 100 points and still get upstaged by the Baggies...

What's this about 100 points?? For weeks the deluded idiots have been ringing Radio WM (otherwise known as Dingles/Villa radio) telling everyone
"We're  going to win the Championship with a record number  of points"  &
"We're the best team that's ever played in the Championship"
"We're  going to set a record for the most goals scored in the Championship, over 100"
"We're going to win the Championship with the biggest ever goal difference".
Load of morons. Nowhere near right on any of their boasts. Roll on next season for complete demolition of their other phoned in boasts
"We're going to sign Ronaldo"
"We're  going to finish in top 6 first season win the Premier League  the second season"
Some idiot predicts every week they are going to win 3-0 & we are going to lose 3-0! Think the prat got that roughly 100% wrong this weekend. Same t##$$er also said he hoped Albion do a Sunderland & got relegated in 2 succesdive seasons, strange he never mentioned doing a Wolves!!
You really couldn't make it up. Would be sweet justice if they get relegated, however I suspect they will survive fairly comfortably ☹

« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 09:36:16 PM by OldburyWBA »

smosher34

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #6801 on: May 06, 2018, 09:50:27 PM »
All the dingles should focus on is getting 40 points and stopping up

elmo_in_swansea

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #6802 on: May 06, 2018, 11:21:07 PM »
to be fair I don't know who are the most deluded/fickle Wolves or Villa? I much prefer Birmingham, so much more level headed like ourselves!
Orihuela CF
@elmo_in_swansea on twitter

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6803 on: May 06, 2018, 11:21:33 PM »
I imagine they will be smashing up Molyspew and berating their players in their normal classless way by this time next year.
Baggie in Southampton

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #6804 on: May 07, 2018, 08:38:14 AM »
Well done Albion Fans  :D :D Oh and Wolves Fans :P :P
(Source BirminghamLive)

Noisy neighbours jumped the gun

It might have seemed a good idea among rival fans from down the road to fly a banner captioned ‘Boing Boing, bye bye #Wolvesaywe.’

But the prank actually backfired, badly.

Because the stunt only served to create an even more positive and vibrant atmosphere within The Hawthorns and that translated to the pitch.

The noise inside the stadium in the final 15 minutes, as the hosts lifted themselves off the ropes to throw their own punches, was deafening.

The fans played their part in a rousing victory.

Including those from Wolverhampton!
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #6805 on: May 08, 2018, 09:19:02 AM »
All that giro money wasted on the fly by...their sisters& wives/girlfiriends (usually the same person) are going to have to put in extra hours on the streets to make up the shortfall in benefit money.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

RedHead_Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #6806 on: June 04, 2018, 06:53:56 PM »
Wolves just signed Benik Afobe and now in talks to sell him straight to Stoke  ???

Completely weird unless they are trying to include him as a makeweight in the Butland transfer.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #6807 on: June 04, 2018, 08:46:32 PM »
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Aixelsyd

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #6808 on: June 04, 2018, 09:58:22 PM »
Wolves just signed Benik Afobe and now in talks to sell him straight to Stoke  ???

Completely weird unless they are trying to include him as a makeweight in the Butland transfer.

Not when "Agents" run football clubs....
On a roundel paly of thirteen argent and azure a missel thrush perched on a hawthorn branch leaved and fructed proper.

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #6809 on: June 04, 2018, 10:12:15 PM »

How very strange it all seems. Reminds me of when Arsenal bought and sold Clive Allen without him playing a competitive game.
Born Baggie. Die disheartened.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #6810 on: June 04, 2018, 11:08:39 PM »
Or perhaps they fancy SB!

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6811 on: June 05, 2018, 08:46:31 AM »
Have to admit to being extremely envious of the names they are currently being linked with. Cancelo and Rui Patricio would be superb signings for them.

DaveWBA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6812 on: June 05, 2018, 09:19:54 AM »
“Benik Afobe could be set for shock Wolves exit”

Source: https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2018/06/04/benik-afobe-could-be-set-for-shock-wolves-exit/

If they sell him on for £12.5m they've made a £2.5m profit within a week. That allows them to sign a £12.5m (Mendes) player without penalty over five years, I believe.  If this is the case you would presume this has been discussed with Afobe prior to him resigning otherwise all the nonsense about him returning home seems a little hollow.

I've been relatively defensive of them the past season, they're entitled to tap into the pool of players Mendes has but things like this take it to the next level. Sadly football is a business now and I imagine we will see more of this in the coming years of it. Power to them but it's absolutely hollow, they might have an enjoyable 90 minutes every Saturday.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6813 on: June 05, 2018, 09:23:35 AM »
If they sell him on for £12.5m they've made a £2.5m profit within a week. That allows them to sign a £12.5m (Mendes) player without penalty over five years, I believe.  If this is the case you would presume this has been discussed with Afobe prior to him resigning otherwise all the nonsense about him returning home seems a little hollow.

I've been relatively defensive of them the past season, they're entitled to tap into the pool of players Mendes has but things like this take it to the next level. Sadly football is a business now and I imagine we will see more of this in the coming years of it. Power to them but it's absolutely hollow, they might have an enjoyable 90 minutes every Saturday.

They have owners who clearly know what they are doing. I, for one, would love to see it at our place, but sadly since the takeover of our owners it has been unmitigated disaster after unmitigated disaster culminating in being in the Championship with the appointment of a head coach who has managed 6 professional games in his life.

DaveWBA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6814 on: June 05, 2018, 09:27:22 AM »
They have owners who clearly know what they are doing. I, for one, would love to see it at our place, but sadly since the takeover of our owners it has been unmitigated disaster after unmitigated disaster culminating in being in the Championship with the appointment of a head coach who has managed 6 professional games in his life.

Trading players like stocks and shares? I don't want to go full Daily Mail but what's the point? Why don't we just invest in building the best footballing robot and have done with it.

This is the first time that I've questioned anything they've done but as I say, power to them.

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #6815 on: June 05, 2018, 10:51:50 AM »
I have said previous the Wolves could become a good steady premier league club (and there are no guarentees of that) but i doubt they will go much better than that.

Thats not sour grapes, if they break into the top 4 or 6, good luck to them, its what all fans want for their club.

There does seem to be confusion from some of their fans when they say they are the next Chelsea or Man City (the last two clubs to really buy success) Fosun are clearly very wealthy but the difference between them and Chelsea / Man City, is Fosun are an investment group, Chelsea and Man City are hobbies for their owners.

Any investor at some point will want a return on their money, Fosun and Mendes arent doing this because they love Wolves or because they want to build an empire, they are putting in money now for a bigger return, at Man City or Chelsea money is no object.

Thats why its shrewd investments in the likes of Neves (£15m last summer, a good season next year and they will sell him for £45m) Jota (£6m last season, same again a good season and he becomes a £20-£25m player)

If the players they sign play that well, the big clubs  will come and sign them, triple the transfer fee Wolves initially paid so Fosun and Mendes are happy and triple the wages of the player so he is happy.

If any of the premier league top 8 or any european top clubs, offering bigger wages and champions league football come in for a Wolves player, the player will go, its the same as majority of other clubs, it will allow Wolves to be able to build potentially good teams, but they wont be able to build great sides who can challenge the top clubs, because as soon as players start to get on the big boys radar, they will take them off Wolves for a nice profit leaving their owners happy.

I think what Fosun / Mendes have done / will do, is invest well now, got Wolves up, make them competitive in the premier league (though i think they are on for a reality check) and then over the next two or three years see the returns on their money.

In the meantime the Wolves fans are doing what all fans would do, allowing themselves to dream a bit
and enjoying the ride.

MICKYMEL

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #6816 on: June 07, 2018, 07:04:25 PM »
With backing of fosun and contacts and players under Mendes they will go big.
Any Albion fan that can’t see that is misguided.
Hope it all backfires avfc style but really can’t see it
Whenever we are playing badly, just remember -
Paul Chrichton,Neil Parsley, Andy Mcdermott, Scott Darton, Winston White,Mark Angel, Fabian DeFreitas, Paul Williams......now, do you feel better?

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6817 on: June 07, 2018, 08:22:49 PM »
With backing of fosun and contacts and players under Mendes they will go big.
Any Albion fan that can’t see that is misguided.
Hope it all backfires avfc style but really can’t see it
Wolves have been in a position previously where they had a financial benefactor that gave them an advantage over most of their peers and that didn't get them very far.

If the motivation and intentions of Fosun and Mendes are genuine (and they haven't been truly tested yet) then they may go big and exciting times for Wolves fans ahead. But, even if true, I believe they will struggle to get their place at the top table because I can not see the Top 6 being prepared to share.
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #6818 on: June 07, 2018, 09:15:50 PM »
However if the rumours about Abramovich withdrawing his funding and asking for his money back are to be believed there may be a place at the top table up for grabs...
Born Baggie. Die disheartened.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #6819 on: June 12, 2018, 08:34:09 PM »
Doreen Tipton,being a Dingle fan said this in her column for the Express and Dingle..

And of course all this would all save millions of pounds. Just think how much West Bromwich Albion alone would have saved in wages bills this year if they’d fielded eleven cardboard footballers instead of the real team. But their final league position would have been exactly the same. And I doubt the fans would have noticed any change in the amount of movement off the ball, especially if it was a windy day.

Yo've gotta laff.....or cry.

Edit...the link...
https://www.expressandstar.com/entertainment/weekend/2018/06/11/doreen-tipton-police-work-cut-it-out--/

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #6820 on: June 14, 2018, 10:31:18 AM »
Relatively comfortable start for the dog heads, just the two Manc clubs in the first two months.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #6821 on: June 18, 2018, 05:18:59 PM »
another portuguese joins the ranks. Portugals goalkeeper. champions league in two seasons
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #6822 on: June 18, 2018, 05:52:34 PM »
another portuguese joins the ranks. Portugals goalkeeper. champions league in two seasons

Will be interesting to see what they paid for him, if they did at all. Is one of the quartet of players who began proceedings to try and terminate their contracts. Great signing for them in either case.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #6823 on: June 18, 2018, 06:56:09 PM »

Hahaha

They will come straight back down.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6824 on: June 18, 2018, 06:59:25 PM »
Burnley
Bournemouth
Cardiff
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..