Author Topic: Dingle watch - Anything Wolves  (Read 2091537 times)

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

Re: Dingle watch - Anything Wolves
« Reply #6600 on: November 23, 2017, 12:37:45 AM »
Honestly pig sick at how good they are this year. Where's all this money coming from? Is it just the end of their previous premier league payments because let's be honest, they'd be a solid premier side if they came up, and at this rate it's looking incredibly likely. Saying things like we are heading towards going bust too on their forums, wishful thinking!
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 12:49:55 AM by crazedwbafan18 »

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6601 on: November 23, 2017, 01:02:17 AM »
Can't say I care about them to be honest. Still irrelevant. Would "prefer" them to get promoted than Villa anyway.

DaveWBA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6602 on: November 23, 2017, 07:55:36 AM »
Fair play to them, they're a decent side in that league. With the quality they've brought in they should be expecting nothing less than a top two finish. With a similar model of recruitment should they be promoted then they should have no problems keeping their heads above water in the PL if the standard this season is anything to go by.

Just hope and pray the V*lla don't make it back up, as the song goes... you're a dirty V*lla bugger and you'll never be my friend.

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6603 on: November 23, 2017, 10:12:23 AM »
Wolves fans were singing that they are coming for us. Be afraid, be very afraid.
the regime don't like it man

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #6604 on: November 23, 2017, 10:19:19 AM »
Wolves fans were singing that they are coming for us. Be afraid, be very afraid.
Loffin,someone tell them its far easier knocking over the Brentford's and the Bolton's of football

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6605 on: November 23, 2017, 10:25:02 AM »

In fairness they are.

Jordie1471

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #6606 on: November 23, 2017, 10:37:49 AM »
They are only coming for us if we actually stay up so we might get away with it  :P

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6607 on: November 23, 2017, 10:46:00 AM »
They are only coming for us if we actually stay up so we might get away with it  :P

Good plan.

What's Pepe Mel doing these days?

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #6608 on: November 23, 2017, 10:47:25 AM »
The problem Wolves will face is that 3 or 4 of their regular starting line up are loan players who may not be there next season IF they get promoted. Bony, Jota, Bonatini and N'Daiye are all loans.

Also chances are players like Costa, Neves and Cavaleiro will be sought by more established clubs in the Pl or from clubs in Europe (who may offer the chance of Champions or Europa league football).

Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #6609 on: November 23, 2017, 10:48:59 AM »
Good plan.

What's Pepe Mel doing these days?

playing golf with Pulis maybe?
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

DaveWBA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6610 on: November 23, 2017, 12:46:48 PM »
The problem Wolves will face is that 3 or 4 of their regular starting line up are loan players who may not be there next season IF they get promoted. Bony, Jota, Bonatini and N'Daiye are all loans.

Also chances are players like Costa, Neves and Cavaleiro will be sought by more established clubs in the Pl or from clubs in Europe (who may offer the chance of Champions or Europa league football).

You can rest assured that as they're all clients of Mendes they will make any of those loans permanent. Wouldn't be surprised to see some of them done in January as they did with Costa last year.

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

« Reply #6611 on: November 23, 2017, 01:00:46 PM »
Surely FFP comes into play with these lot.  I reckon they HAVE to get promoted this year.

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6612 on: November 23, 2017, 02:49:45 PM »
Surely FFP comes into play with these lot.  I reckon they HAVE to get promoted this year.
Well it was reported a couple of months ago that this was their make-or-break season.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

WoysWunderful

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #6613 on: November 23, 2017, 05:36:42 PM »
Yeah if they flop it this year they are up the bonk without a paddle

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #6614 on: November 24, 2017, 08:26:37 AM »
with their wealth and the way they play football at the moment their time as come. they will be massive in the coming years sorry to say
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

AidantheBaggies

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #6615 on: November 24, 2017, 08:36:45 AM »
with their wealth and the way they play football at the moment their time as come. they will be massive in the coming years sorry to say

Agree, they are looking very good at present. They easily disposed of Leeds the other evening who themselves will hope to be in the mix come May.
They have one of the richest owners in english football, as much as it pains me they are going to become a real force.
Lee Probert's Barmy Army!!!

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #6616 on: November 24, 2017, 09:16:31 AM »
Am I missing something here? Hasn't the Chinese govt restricted how much money can leave their country recently as regards Chinese owned football clubs overseas

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #6617 on: November 24, 2017, 10:38:39 AM »
Am I missing something here? Hasn't the Chinese govt restricted how much money can leave their country recently as regards Chinese owned football clubs overseas

Second to Man City in terms of Wealth who probably have money in bank accounts all over the world and not just china. fosun are massive. JP sold our club to a chineese gardener
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #6618 on: November 24, 2017, 11:04:01 AM »
I could be wrong but arent Fosun an investment group? (similar to our owners just a lot lot bigger)

They are different to a Man City, Chelsea and a few others in that they will expect to make money on their investment, as for Mendes he is the same, Wolves is a shop window for his players, if they do well then but Wolves dont then he will make money selling them on, its a win win for him personally.

Also worth noting it took Man City a good few years from when they got taken over to actually winning something, they were also starting in a lot higher place than Wolves before the takeover in that they were already a established premier league club (something Wolves havent ever really been) and had some good players already there.

Also worth noting with exception of one year when they got to the Semi Final of the Champions League they have got nowhere in it after several years so dont really see Barca and Real panicking too much about the Dingles just yet, its usually the same clubs involved in the latter stages.

Man City are also a ten times bigger club than Wolves anyway (as they are us) and a lot more appealing location, name, history, etc and i use Man City as a comparison because some Wolves fans i know said they are the next Man City, this was said after they blew the mighty Reading away.

We have been here before with them, when Sir Jack was owner they were going to be the next Blackburn, it didnt happen. When they went up in the playoffs they were there to stay, it didnt happen and they havent troubled the top flight since the season they were tore a new one at the Custard Bowl by us.

I have said previous they are going well, playing entertaining stuff and the fans are excited, good luck to them, but the c**k waving didnt seem to happen when they lost the mighty Cardiff City, Sheffield United and QPR! Its not even Xmas and people seem to think they are promoted already, wait til xmas and when teams work out when you rough them up you get joy which usually happens when you play the reverse fixture.

They have a new era/new start every couple of years and get carried away, if they are still there come start February then thats when you take them serious and if they do come up, see how they do then.

On a side note, i hope they do come up and i hope Villa do, its a lot more interesting with local derbies each season.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 11:06:30 AM by Albion79 »

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6619 on: November 24, 2017, 11:09:25 AM »
I could be wrong but arent Fosun an investment group? (similar to our owners just a lot lot bigger)

They are different to a Man City, Chelsea and a few others in that they will expect to make money on their investment, as for Mendes he is the same, Wolves is a shop window for his players, if they do well then but Wolves dont then he will make money selling them on, its a win win for him personally.

Also worth noting it took Man City a good few years from when they got taken over to actually winning something, they were also starting in a lot higher place than Wolves before the takeover in that they were already a established premier league club (something Wolves havent ever really been) and had some good players already there.

Also worth noting with exception of one year when they got to the Semi Final of the Champions League they have got nowhere in it after several years so dont really see Barca and Real panicking too much about the Dingles just yet, its usually the same clubs involved in the latter stages.

Man City are also a ten times bigger club than Wolves anyway (as they are us) and a lot more appealing location, name, history, etc and i use Man City as a comparison because some Wolves fans i know said they are the next Man City, this was said after they blew the mighty Reading away.

We have been here before with them, when Sir Jack was owner they were going to be the next Blackburn, it didnt happen. When they went up in the playoffs they were there to stay, it didnt happen and they havent troubled the top flight since the season they were tore a new one at the Custard Bowl by us.

I have said previous they are going well, playing entertaining stuff and the fans are excited, good luck to them, but the c**k waving didnt seem to happen when they lost the mighty Cardiff City, Sheffield United and QPR! Its not even Xmas and people seem to think they are promoted already, wait til xmas and when teams work out when you rough them up you get joy which usually happens when you play the reverse fixture.

They have a new era/new start every couple of years and get carried away, if they are still there come start February then thats when you take them serious and if they do come up, see how they do then.

On a side note, i hope they do come up and i hope Villa do, its a lot more interesting with local derbies each season.

And you were doing do well, only to fall at the final hurdle.

Fiddlesticks and fudge to the pair of them.

An alliteration a day keeps the mods at bay.

COYB and SOTV  8) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

don1thedon

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #6620 on: November 24, 2017, 12:14:27 PM »
And you were doing do well, only to fall at the final hurdle.

Fiddlesticks and fudge to the pair of them.

An alliteration a day keeps the mods at bay.

COYB and SOTV  8) .
That made me laff, my views entirely, don't give a hoot about 'em!
Other than that it was a great post '79  ;D.

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6621 on: November 24, 2017, 12:38:17 PM »
5-1 5-1 5-1 5-1 5-1 5-1 5-1

wolves4ever

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #6622 on: November 26, 2017, 12:52:46 PM »
5-1 5-1 5-1 5-1 5-1 5-1 5-1
Cracking prediction. Hope you had a tenner on it? ;)

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6623 on: November 26, 2017, 01:42:08 PM »

What a great tip that was.  8)

Wolves will win the league comfortably.

Greenock Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6624 on: November 26, 2017, 05:26:43 PM »
And the slime crawl out from under the rocks they have been under since WE put them there  ::) ::)

YAWN !!
He's a lad from the Wrenna