Author Topic: Dingle watch - Anything Wolves  (Read 2091892 times)

Rupert

Re: Dingle watch - Anything Wolves
« Reply #5425 on: April 20, 2014, 12:36:09 AM »
Got to admit though over 30,000 for a 3rd tier match is impressive, especially considering there are some club in the Premier League who struggle to get 25,000 even when up near the top 6. It would be pretty embarrassing to support one of those tinpot clubs.

They've won in a very tough division this year and the abnormally high points near the top show that. It's a very strong young team they have and a top half Championship finish is pretty much guaranteed. Wouldn't be surprised if they go higher.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5426 on: April 20, 2014, 12:47:12 AM »
Got to admit though over 30,000 for a 3rd tier match is impressive, especially considering there are some club in the Premier League who struggle to get 25,000 even when up near the top 6. It would be pretty embarrassing to support one of those tinpot clubs.

They've won in a very tough division this year and the abnormally high points near the top show that. It's a very strong young team they have and a top half Championship finish is pretty much guaranteed. Wouldn't be surprised if they go higher.

Not particularly. It's a bit embarrassing to be in that league to begin with.

Wolves are a truly massive club though right up there with Barce and Man U.

::)

Go bore somewhere else. You lot might be obsessed with us but to us you lot ain't really relevant.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #5427 on: April 20, 2014, 01:27:14 AM »

What was it £50 for a family of 4 for a Bank Holiday game in the third tier of English football ? well done, now go and pat yourself on the back. Easy to win promotion from the third tier of English football whilst still getting Premier League handouts I guess, lets see how you fair next season without them. I don't understand the obsession you lot have with attendances, bit pathetic really given you've just spent a season in the third tier paying prices to match so obviously will have a decent following all over, cheap prices and new grounds to visit. Pity you struggled to sell out your allocation for a local derby at villa last time you were in the Prem before your double drop, maybe you can try again to fill it if you make it back up one day.

I predict that with  a couple of experienced players you'll start off okay with the feel good factor from this season then drop off and level out finishing mid-table.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5428 on: April 20, 2014, 02:53:58 AM »

This has to be the worst attempt at pretending to be an Albion fan i've ever seen here, and there's been some awful ones. Congratulations I guess.

Also, FWIW, a high points total for the top teams more likely indicates the terrible standard of mid to low table teams in league one. I would honestly be ashamed to celebrate winning that league. The celebrations should be very muted given you were a premier league club 2 years ago with no financial problems and still receiving parachute payments. To put things into context Jamie O'Hara's wage bill is higher than the entire wage bill of some teams in the same division.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 02:59:09 AM by Dan »

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5429 on: April 20, 2014, 10:15:31 AM »

Troll rating: 1/10. Please try harder.

Jack Russell

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5430 on: April 20, 2014, 10:23:54 AM »
I remember going to the custard bowl with a mate in the 80s to try and boost their 3k gates at the time
WOOF WOOF  I always come I always care but sometimes bite

Hong Kong Phooey

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #5431 on: April 20, 2014, 06:24:23 PM »
I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate them on conceding four goals at Fortress Molineux - a timely reminder that there is an awful lot of work to be done before the start of next season
In football, as in life, facing up to difficulties makes us stronger…Carlos Corberan

Greenock Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5432 on: April 20, 2014, 11:28:13 PM »
Why shouldn't they? Norwich/Saints? That is all you need to know really. They have just as good a chance as any other, and they'll give it a good go next season sadly.
Because there will be 3 teams in the chumps league who have come down from the prem and another 6 or 7 teams in that league who are established chumps league teams.........that's why !

Oh, and one other main reason...........THEY ARE S**T
He's a lad from the Wrenna

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5433 on: April 21, 2014, 04:59:10 PM »
League 1 Champions.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #5434 on: April 21, 2014, 05:01:54 PM »
When's the open top bus parade??  :-X
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

j2burnz

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5435 on: April 21, 2014, 05:07:56 PM »
To be fair we had 1 for a league 1 play off win

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #5436 on: April 21, 2014, 05:24:57 PM »
To be fair we had 1 for a league 1 play off win

After 8 years in the wildness that felt a lot longer, no money, and some superb football under Ossie. After a double relegation they should just quietly sneak back into the bottom half of the Championship imo of course.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #5437 on: April 24, 2014, 09:14:31 AM »
I think it will take them a couple of seasons before they make a real push on the top six. They have had a great season, but they still have so much work to do to be even considered a team to push for the Premiership again.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

Jack Russell

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5438 on: April 24, 2014, 09:36:38 AM »
I suppose their euphoria this season is understanding considering what they have had to put up with and 9/10 living in our shadows
WOOF WOOF  I always come I always care but sometimes bite

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #5439 on: April 24, 2014, 10:11:49 AM »
I suppose their euphoria this season is understanding considering what they have had to put up with and 9/10 living in our shadows

and they've fought tooth and nail to get into a division that we're trying to stay out of
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5440 on: April 27, 2014, 03:12:53 PM »
They still planning that 'sandwell town is going down' banner  ;D

silver surfer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5441 on: April 27, 2014, 04:14:57 PM »
They still planning that 'sandwell town is going down' banner  ;D
probably..... They won't get the news that we beat West Ham until Thursday when the Oss 'n' cart with this weeks postbag turns up.

ronnie_allen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5442 on: April 28, 2014, 03:50:54 PM »
Pity you struggled to sell out your allocation for a local derby at villa last time you were in the Prem before your double drop, maybe you can try again to fill it if you make it back up one day.
Would love it if Wolves got the opportunity to sell out a local League derby with Villa next season :P

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5443 on: May 05, 2014, 05:37:35 PM »
Seem's a bit odd they gave Craddock a testimonial, the guy barely played over 200 games and didn't even play a single minute his last season there, and only in 3 games the season before. In fact the guy only played more than half the games in a season for them four seasons. Their championship winning season for example he missed the vast majority of it.

I guess some of the moneys going to a good cause. Still not often you see testimonials these days, even less for someone who was a bit part player.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 05:39:57 PM by Dan »

WincantonBaggie

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #5444 on: May 10, 2014, 11:19:30 PM »
Put myself in their fans position, it's probably been quite a fun season, especially going to lot's of away matches, standing mostly too! We would have enjoyed it too, albeit in Lge1. They bounced back quickly (Sheff Utd, Leeds and Nottm Forest didn't) , chose the right manager, and TBH probably going down was a blessing in disguise as they addressed some of the bigger problems. Still think we utilise our potential much better-

mifos

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #5445 on: May 14, 2014, 07:56:13 AM »
Got to admit though over 30,000 for a 3rd tier match is impressive

They've won in a very tough division this year and the abnormally high points near the top show that.

the 30K isn't that impressive ;  tickets were very cheap and there's not much else to do in wolvo on a bank holiday is there?  its only 4k more than Albion get on a regular basis ,at higher prices, restricted by current ground capacity, freely available to watch in many local pubs/internet streams and in our worst season for several years. We took 42K to Wembley in that division.

I'm more impressed by the 4K that turned up for the FA cup tie ... is that the real level of Wolves die hards?

the high points total doesn't show it was a tough league, it shows there was a big gap between the teams at the top and the rest; with Wolves resources, wage bill etc. it was to be expected ... lets see how you get on at the next level, I predict 'jackett out' signs and crowds below 20K again as soon as you lose a few

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #5446 on: May 25, 2014, 03:09:26 PM »
Keith Andrews going back? :D
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #5447 on: May 28, 2014, 12:42:17 PM »
Chris Wood the Marquee signing for Wolves :)
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #5448 on: May 28, 2014, 03:09:03 PM »
There was a big Half Time Marriage Proposal on the Pitch at the Custard Bowl Today....

His Sister said 'Yes'

...to their other brother.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #5449 on: May 28, 2014, 06:16:17 PM »
...to their other brother.

bullcrap, will you marry me? constitutes a sentence,
knuckle draggers cannot put a sentence together, hence the number of barstuds in Dinglehampton.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!