Author Topic: Dingle watch - Anything Wolves  (Read 2091515 times)

Quakes Fan

• Senior Baggie

Re: Dingle watch - Anything Wolves
« Reply #4100 on: January 06, 2013, 04:31:45 AM »
That was a very well written post. But what was the bloke going on about in reference to "The successive hunting down of Mick, TC, and SS in under 12 months"? Is the idea that the unofficial Wolves online forums are serving powerful enough to affect board decisions? Really?

No, he's referring to the way the Dingles at the ground treated them.

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #4101 on: January 06, 2013, 09:47:19 AM »
Three managers in eleven months. Who ever becomes the new Wolves manager has a very tough task the best Wolves can hope for now is to finish in the top ten.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #4102 on: January 06, 2013, 11:58:53 AM »
I know its gone a little Stale but they could have given him more time
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Liam Wolf

« Reply #4103 on: January 06, 2013, 12:28:06 PM »
That was a very well written post. But what was the bloke going on about in reference to "The successive hunting down of Mick, TC, and SS in under 12 months"? Is the idea that the unofficial Wolves online forums are serving powerful enough to affect board decisions? Really?

It was more than the idiots on Mol Mix, mate.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #4104 on: January 06, 2013, 12:38:19 PM »
If the Wolves board were so insistent on the change of philosophy then surely keeping Stale and allowing him the January and summer windows to transform the squads would have been a better solution? There is a lot of dross in that squad, the remains of the McCarthy era and Wolves could do with starting a fresh and getting rid of those players which are looking rather stale and outdated. That's why I thought they'd stick with Stale and continue with their new approach and allow him the time to transform the squad.

I haven't seen much of Wolves, but the players should hold themselves accountable more so than Stale as some of the performances they have apparently been putting in have been abject and although the manager shall have his critics, you would expect much better from the players. There replacement shall be interesting, do they continue with this approach or scrap it and continue to lack any sort of forward plan.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 12:40:38 PM by LiamTheBaggie »
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

wdbroun

« Reply #4105 on: January 06, 2013, 01:21:06 PM »
I feel like the club doesn't deserve Stale. After the vandalism of his car, he must have begun to feel seriously let down by supporters. That's a very ugly thing. I would said "see ya" after that.

Stale will probably see the sacking as a blessing some day.

DevonBaggie

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #4106 on: January 06, 2013, 01:26:07 PM »
If the Wolves board were so insistent on the change of philosophy then surely keeping Stale and allowing him the January and summer windows to transform the squads would have been a better solution? There is a lot of dross in that squad, the remains of the McCarthy era and Wolves could do with starting a fresh and getting rid of those players which are looking rather stale and outdated. That's why I thought they'd stick with Stale and continue with their new approach and allow him the time to transform the squad.

I agree with that, they should really have stuck with him, chances are they would have gone down to league 1, BUT judging what Norwich and Southampton have done recently, it wasn't out of the question that they could possibly do the same.

I think its clear now that the current crop of players that Wolves have got now just don't want to play for the fans, and if i'm honest they are suffering with the effects of relying too much on McCarthy.
Boing Boing!
Bye Bye Wo1ve5s

DevonBaggie

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #4107 on: January 06, 2013, 01:27:17 PM »
I feel like the club doesn't deserve Stale. After the vandalism of his car, he must have begun to feel seriously let down by supporters. That's a very ugly thing. I would said "see ya" after that.

Stale will probably see the sacking as a blessing some day.

What do you expect from their fans, Their Scum is the lowest of the low
Boing Boing!
Bye Bye Wo1ve5s

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4108 on: January 06, 2013, 01:41:11 PM »
Ståle was either naive, or didn't get the backing he needed.

He should have cleared out the dross in the Wolves squad. Granted he might have had to bring in 15 new players. But not acting more decisively cost him his job. Especially after his best players were sold without rebuilding the spine of the team.

My guess is that he simply didn't get the backing the board, and that the board didn't have the setup in place to be effective in rebuilding the squad to support a promotion drive. Wolves are in a big, big mess and we won't be seeing them in the PL for a good, long while judging from the leadership we have seen so far. Not that it is my headache or that I care much :D
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 01:43:59 PM by GrGr »

Liam Wolf

« Reply #4109 on: January 06, 2013, 01:58:15 PM »

I haven't seen much of Wolves, but the players should hold themselves accountable more so than Stale as some of the performances they have apparently been putting in have been abject and although the manager shall have his critics, you would expect much better from the players. There replacement shall be interesting, do they continue with this approach or scrap it and continue to lack any sort of forward plan.

I totally agree. However, our incompetent board are just that and probably bowed to player/fan power, or both. I am very unhappy with the decision.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #4110 on: January 06, 2013, 02:04:07 PM »
I totally agree. However, our incompetent board are just that and probably bowed to player/fan power, or both. I am very unhappy with the decision.

I'd listened to Stale and what he had came out with in the press and he'd talk a very good game, he could see where the club needed to improve to change the philosophy and it appears that was the Morgan and Moxey project, I just don't see why he hasn't been given the time to change the playing squad in the summer. The first season is always the hardest to bounce back, purely because there is so much turmoil during the summer, but it's even harder for a club like Wolves whose players are severely limited and are based on industry. We were always fortunate we had the technical footballers to carry us out the division so I would say that the Wolves supporters expected to much in what is a period of transition - however, they didn't deserve the lack of application from their players who left their manager hanging to dry.

The lack of footballing nous on the Wolves board is why the club will continue to fall short.

Liam Wolf

« Reply #4111 on: January 06, 2013, 02:08:29 PM »
I'd listened to Stale and what he had came out with in the press and he'd talk a very good game, he could see where the club needed to improve to change the philosophy and it appears that was the Morgan and Moxey project, I just don't see why he hasn't been given the time to change the playing squad in the summer. The first season is always the hardest to bounce back, purely because there is so much turmoil during the summer, but it's even harder for a club like Wolves whose players are severely limited and are based on industry. We were always fortunate we had the technical footballers to carry us out the division so I would say that the Wolves supporters expected to much in what is a period of transition - however, they didn't deserve the lack of application from their players who left their manager hanging to dry.

The lack of footballing nous on the Wolves board is why the club will continue to fall short.

Agreed, although we have now got a DoF in Kevin Thelwell (one of the youngest people ever to gain a UEFA Pro Licence I think) and Head of Recruitment Stuart Webber (discovered Sterling for Liverpool). They are meant to report to the board but I don't think the board listen.

WincantonBaggie

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #4112 on: January 06, 2013, 02:11:37 PM »
Stale missed out in the best job going in the West Midlands last summer! ie He could have come to The Hawthorns before we appointed SC and had a far better experience, probably his Continental system would have suited us well.
He had a fantastic record in Norway and Denmark, but that has been soured at FC Koln and Wolves.
Something about Wolves is not easy, expectations are high, they have plenty of money (wealthy owners) etc.Yet despite some good recruitment from SS, established players like KD and SEB look a shadow of their former selves.
We should be so grateful that we have JP as our chairman, because despite not really have any extra money to back us, he understands football and forward planning/strategy to provide systems, relationships and infrastructure to keep us in the top flight long term.
It's interesting to see that Wolves have tried to copy us and our (Continenetal?) model without any success
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 02:13:30 PM by LiamTheBaggie »

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #4113 on: January 06, 2013, 02:12:37 PM »
Agreed, although we have now got a DoF in Kevin Thelwell (one of the youngest people ever to gain a UEFA Pro Licence I think) and Head of Recruitment Stuart Webber (discovered Sterling for Liverpool). They are meant to report to the board but I don't think the board listen.

I'd noticed you had appointing Stuart Webber but I didn't know you had appointed a director of football. Surely they should have been given the time to work in partnership with SS and therefore remove the current outdated footballers to replaced by a more modern footballer. As an Albion fan I find it utterly hilarious that your board can continue to make mistake after mistake but on the whole I know many decent Wolves supporters and I do tend to feel sorry for them that they can continue to be let down by the club. Especially when they have to put up with my gloating  :D

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #4114 on: January 06, 2013, 02:16:30 PM »
It's interesting to see that Wolves have tried to copy us and our (Continenetal?) model without any success

The problem with that approach is that it requires patience to:

A) Sort out the scouting system.
B) Remove the current dross in the side.
C) Recruit the footballers good enough to play the footballing side of the game.

Unfortunately, I don't think the Wolves supporters have enough patience to see out a period of disappointment in the short term in hope that things shall improve in the long term. It isn't a process which shall be solved overnight and that is why I was so surprised to see Stale sacked.

wba1993dave

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4115 on: January 06, 2013, 02:37:24 PM »
Dean Saunders would be a poor appointment, Wrexham fans wanted him out because of the dire football he produced. Went to Doncaster and didnt do much good and they went down with a wimper.And he had a decent squad of players to get them out of trouble. Seems to have got them going in League 1 but there are much better managers out there than him. Wolves are in a complete mess, maybe relegation might do them good like Norwich and Southampton have shown.
BOING BOING

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4116 on: January 06, 2013, 02:55:08 PM »
he was sacked by text :o how gutless is that!

DaveWBA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4117 on: January 06, 2013, 02:56:41 PM »
I said it all summer and I kept saying it untill he got the Forest job the other week but McCleish would have been perfect for these lot, no seriously. Look at their squad, with the exception of O'Hara, Sako and maybe Doyle they really aren't great footballers. So why try and change from MM's 100mph football to Solbakken's more continental passing system over night? It was never going to work given the players at his disposal.

McCleish would have offered something different to McCarthy but not in such a drastic manner and he would have shored up their porous defence. Afterall he managed a Villa defence consisting of Lichaj, Dunne, Clark and Hutton through a season in the PL and conceded 53 goals, only 1 more than we did under Hodgson. Not to mention he's been in that division before and got the Blues promoted.

The main problem with the Wolves however is that they keep drawing comparisons between themselves and us, do they forget it took us 10 years to get to where we are now? They can't wait 10 minutes, untill that changes they'll never be a success.

RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager

« Reply #4118 on: January 06, 2013, 04:26:45 PM »
I only go for the beer.

DevonBaggie

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #4119 on: January 06, 2013, 04:28:40 PM »
Boing Boing!
Bye Bye Wo1ve5s

dont ask me to choose luv

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4120 on: January 06, 2013, 05:06:05 PM »

HaHaHaHa thats the last DSC I'm going to eat  :P
Life is about using the whole box of crayons!

tipton baggie 80

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4121 on: January 06, 2013, 05:11:25 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ei7-pzNGU9I

Best version of the bunker I have seen  :P
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 07:42:49 PM by Quakes Fan »
West Bromwich Albion, finishing above Staffordshire's finest when in the same league over the last 12 years

clemsleftfoot

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #4122 on: January 06, 2013, 05:57:12 PM »
 i guess your idea is a pie an a pint lol
     CLASS!!!!

jonny

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4123 on: January 06, 2013, 08:53:55 PM »
Just seen on SSN, they've got their man!!

Saunders it is!

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4124 on: January 06, 2013, 08:59:42 PM »
Just seen on SSN, they've got their man!!

Saunders it is!
How I'd loff if they sack him by the end of the season when they are relegated
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE