Author Topic: Dingle watch - Anything Wolves  (Read 2091439 times)

Dan

• WBA Coach

Re: Dingle watch - Anything Wolves
« Reply #3750 on: October 03, 2012, 06:45:48 AM »
People running the game need to take note,twice a week is way too expensive in the current climate. Must be 50quid for tickets alone on a walk up basis many just cant afford no matter how well his/her team is doing.

If the championship didn't play twice a week regularly, the season would virtually last the entire year.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3751 on: October 03, 2012, 07:56:15 AM »
What did i tell you, as soon as they play anybody decent they would come unstuck.I still believe they will fail to make even the playoffs, they ain't no great shakes and like someone mentioned what a paltry attendance considering they could have gone top on the back of 4 wins.Wim a big club my bottom
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Lloydy

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3752 on: October 04, 2012, 09:13:43 PM »
If you want to talk postcodes then Wednesbury has WS, is it in Walsall ?

NO ;D
No no, no no no no, no no no no, no no shots on target.......

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #3753 on: October 04, 2012, 09:26:39 PM »
NO ;D

Might have known you'd pop up  :D
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3754 on: October 08, 2012, 11:12:11 AM »
Tchoyi at the Wolves on Trial
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 11:42:00 AM by WBAinDEVON »

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #3755 on: October 08, 2012, 11:38:25 AM »
Tchoy at the Wolves on Trial
Noooooooooo!!! Does he not realise what he's doing!!  :o If he signs he will be the first player to do this since 1989 (John Paskin)
12/02/12 - wo1ve5 #weshouldhavehadten

the rainbow turn east

« Reply #3756 on: October 08, 2012, 12:03:21 PM »
That would be a very decent signing for the Wolves and I`d honestly rather still have Tchoyi than Lukaku,
cant believe Chelsea paid £18M for him cause on recent performances I wouldnt give you 18p.

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3757 on: October 08, 2012, 12:25:42 PM »
two seasons of a peaked player over 7 games from someone the same age as Saido Berahino who is already up there as one of the top scorers so far this season in the team, no wonder Tchoyi looks better comparing them like that!  ::)

Seriously though, he's a free agent so he's got to get work somewhere so I won't begrudge him from looking locally.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 01:22:34 PM by Hunnington Baggie »

w27

« Reply #3758 on: October 08, 2012, 12:49:56 PM »
just popping in to see thought on tchoyi if this move happened

personally i hope it does, we're after a freebie or young loan realistically to help with our winger injury crisis

tychoi seems very hot and cold in performances but i think in champ you can afford to live with that more than in the premier where you need consistancy
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 01:03:05 PM by Quakes Fan »

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3759 on: October 08, 2012, 12:53:44 PM »
That would be a very decent signing for the Wolves and I`d honestly rather still have Tchoyi than Lukaku,
cant believe Chelsea paid £18M for him cause on recent performances I wouldnt give you 18p.

Controversial i know but i agree with you

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #3760 on: October 08, 2012, 02:00:39 PM »

Controversial i know but i agree with you
Off topic maybe but Chelsea paid that for his potential, bear in mind he is still a teenager who has barely played in the premiership, it is obvious to all there is massive potential there and no one would claim he is anywhere near the finished article (himself included) so its a tad unfair to slate him yet. Chelsea had to pay that to ward off the likes of Madrid, Barca etc who were all chasing him too, they cant all be wrong can they. My personal feelings are he is going to be a huge player in the coming years and he has started OK for us and will get better as the season goes on.

Back on topic SOTW, that is all.  ;)
12/02/12 - wo1ve5 #weshouldhavehadten

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3761 on: October 08, 2012, 02:25:22 PM »
just popping in to see thought on tchoyi if this move happened

personally i hope it does, we're after a freebie or young loan realistically to help with our winger injury crisis

tychoi seems very hot and cold in performances but i think in champ you can afford to live with that more than in the premier where you need consistancy

Views on here will vary depending on who you talk to few players split opinion more than Tchoyi. My view is Tchoyi might have been best deployed in a free role behind a main striker where his skills and abiltity would do most damage to the opposition and his weaknesses i.e. complete lack of positional discipline and a marked reluctance to track back when required did not have a negative impact on us.  Premier league defences struggled to cope with him on his day, he would destroy teams  at championship level or not because you just never knew what you would get from him on any given day.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3762 on: October 08, 2012, 02:28:40 PM »
He's either brilliant or awful and allways hillarious. I can't see him impressing in a trial due to him being such an enigmatic player - it's all or nothing and he needs a proper game to show what he can do, he's abosoloutely useless in training.

Not sure how he would cope with the more physical championship personally, but he has the ability to be an asset.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 02:30:46 PM by RowleyBaggie2 »
I only go for the beer.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3763 on: October 08, 2012, 02:29:19 PM »
Not sure why he failed to impress at Blues though?

wbarich

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #3764 on: October 08, 2012, 02:45:23 PM »

He's 19 has started 1 league game in which he scored the winner. He looks different class at times, he is still learning his trade as he is ONLY 19.

Tchoyi was one of the biggest donkeys I have ever seen apart from every 1 in 50 games.

Can't believe this comparison blimey ...

DevonBaggie

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #3765 on: October 08, 2012, 02:48:03 PM »
In other dingle news..........

Dingles ladies lost to Albion ladies 4-0 today  :P

Even our ladies can smash them on the pitch  ;D
Boing Boing!
Bye Bye Wo1ve5s

Jack Russell

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3766 on: October 08, 2012, 02:49:30 PM »

Have you seen the Wolves ladies.They all tom boys
WOOF WOOF  I always come I always care but sometimes bite

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3767 on: October 08, 2012, 02:54:26 PM »
He's 19 has started 1 league game in which he scored the winner. He looks different class at times, he is still learning his trade as he is ONLY 19.

Tchoyi was one of the biggest donkeys I have ever seen apart from every 1 in 50 games.

Shame Tchoyi only played in 47 games

RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3768 on: October 08, 2012, 02:57:26 PM »

Did Tchoyi play?
I only go for the beer.

Jack Russell

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3769 on: October 08, 2012, 03:00:06 PM »

I can.They both look the same too
WOOF WOOF  I always come I always care but sometimes bite

Tipton Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3770 on: October 08, 2012, 03:09:26 PM »
you aint serious?

the rainbow turn east

« Reply #3771 on: October 08, 2012, 03:45:27 PM »
you aint serious?

Nah!! I was been abit harsh on Lukaku lol!!!
we`ve still got to remember he`s only a young kid who`s learning his trade.
Dont think he`s worth 18M though.
Wolves have picked up a decent player with Tchoyi as well,
TCHOYI,HENRY,DOUMBIA,SAKO,DOYLE, and EBANKS-BLAKE is pretty decent for thier level.

rubyruby

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3772 on: October 08, 2012, 03:54:22 PM »
Tchyoi was never going to cut it at PL level on a regular basis. No tactical awareness and his workrate was non existent really. He just didnt adapt thats why he was released. For the Wolves in the Championship right now he could be very useful. Unplayable on his day he could cause defenders in that division all sorts of problems but the same failings will still be there.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3773 on: October 08, 2012, 07:39:06 PM »
Quite liked Somen , gave us a bit of unpredictability ,but not really what the management were looking for ?, i dont think its fair to give him so much stick esp when you consider there are defenders at Chelsea, man u and Newcastle glad they have not got to face him.

Re lukaku , I understand the frustrations but has I keep telling those around me in the Brummie "if he was complete he would not be here" I think with time /games you will see a much improved player although 2 goals from four games aint bad ?, remeber he is 19 and not Long , fortune or Pete.

As for the dingles , I hope they come up , Sakho and Doumbia look good for them , its just a shame that after 5 straight wins they take one defeat (to a very fast improving palace team ) and "franksey hes gorra guu??
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #3774 on: October 08, 2012, 09:48:23 PM »
We don't have a ladies thread, so for those Wolfs which are reading this, they'll also take great delight in it:

Baggies record memorable win in Black Country derby

SPORTING Club Albion Ladies sealed a comfortable 4-0 victory at Wolves in the FA Women’s Premier League (northern division) on Sunday.

Goals for Robyn James, Jamie Fowler, Ashleigh Neville and Abby Pope helped the Baggies climb to fourth in the table while the Wanderers remain bottom. 

But the game was overshadowed by news that Kayleigh Griffiths, who joined Albion in the summer, had broken her leg during the Black Country derby.

And Baggies boss Dave Lawrence insists the triumph was difficult to enjoy following Griffiths’ injury.

“Since joining us in the summer, Kilo has played an integral part in all of our impressive performances,” said Lawrence. 

“She has pace, energy and a brilliant appetite for the game. 

“We will miss her tremendously for the period she is out. 

“Not only is she a great player, but a great person, and she will bounce back from this and come back stronger.

“It’s now up to the rest of the team to step up and ensure we fill the void.”

He added: “After losing the last two games against very beatable opposition, it was important that we got three points against whoever we played against this weekend. 

“It just so happened it was against Wolves, which added extra spice to the game. 

“The important thing now is to reach this level again next week, consistency is key and is something we have been lacking so far this year.”

Albion face Leicester City in the Premier League Cup at The Grove, Halesowen, on Sunday (ko 2pm).

ALBION:  Thomas (Foster 60) Darby, Rippington, Broadbent, Owen, Fowler (MacQuilkin 60) Fellows, Griffiths, James (Key 80) Neville, Pope.

http://www.wba.co.uk/news/article/wolves-ladies-0-albion-ladies-4-414541.aspx

Well done girls.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom