Author Topic: Dingle watch - Anything Wolves  (Read 2091896 times)

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

Re: Dingle watch - Anything Wolves
« Reply #3475 on: August 11, 2012, 09:43:55 PM »
There was a rumour that fletcher wanted to come to the Albion , he was disappointed to learn Trevor summers was no longer chairmen

#shedsgone

:D
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3476 on: August 11, 2012, 10:54:17 PM »
Your on fire tonight zippy, ha ha
Boing Boing

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3477 on: August 11, 2012, 11:45:26 PM »
Best quote from the mix ever

I have come to the conclusion today that 90% of people that go to Wolves games are idiots!

Well I suppose there must be roughly 10% travelling support from whoever they are playing so that would be about right :D
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

Moggas barmy army

« Reply #3478 on: August 11, 2012, 11:55:16 PM »
We are truly blessed we have these as our main rivals as they are the club that keeps on giving to Albion fans everywhere.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3479 on: August 13, 2012, 12:24:28 PM »
http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2012/08/13/solbakken-admits-to-wolves-turmoil/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

It is a bit early in the season to be having a a crisis but what the heck its the Wolves so who cares ? ;D
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

wba1993dave

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3480 on: August 14, 2012, 01:25:24 PM »
Another classic from the MolMix

West Brumwich Albion are just a no-mark club based in a suburb of Brumingham. They can only have the view they have because they do not know what it is like to have such a great history of achievements and status as a 'great' in the history of world football.......they can only dream of having that sort of expectation. Not understanding this, they come up with these crappy assertions as to why it doesn't happen for us, whilst at the same time forgetting their own fickle and $$$$ty ways when things aren't going to plan. Their whole outlook towards us is based on envy.

As has been said before, they got very lucky with Hodgson when it looked for all the world they were going down.....oddly a reaction change to an obvious failing by RDM!

At this minute they are looking down at us but when it all clicks for us they will realise their rightful state and have to live with it - just a no-mark club over achieving because they don't have to deal with as much expectation because of their lack of a 'profile' as far as history and status goes.

lol
A great of world football ahahahahahahah they think there a huge club over us when really there is 1 or 2 trophies between the two clubs and 1 or 2 thousand fans between the two.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 01:26:56 PM by wba1993dave »
BOING BOING

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3481 on: August 14, 2012, 01:36:14 PM »
http://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=73819

Never seen as much jelousy as this thread  :o  :P

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3482 on: August 14, 2012, 01:47:30 PM »
there are those over there praying we will go down this season, but what i find interesting(and laughable) is how they call sandwell a dive. wolvo aint got much to brag about really, lets be honest, its a case of pot and kettle. they keep saying the roles will be reversed, and im sure eventually they will, but for now its as good as it gets. putting 7 past them last season, being a division above. oooh w*nky wanderers

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3483 on: August 14, 2012, 01:57:08 PM »
I dont think any Albion fan will say that we have won more than they have so in terms of honours then they are ahead.

I'd love to see a stat that tells us how many times we have finished above them in every league in history.  I'll give them the 50's but no doubt we won the 60s, 70s, definitely 80's, they won most of the 90s, 00s and 10s have been without doubt ours.

Also take into account the head to head records:-
West Brom wins              Draws                  Wolves wins
League55           40                   52
FA Cup8          2                  1
League Cup0          1                  0
Total63          43                   53

Those stats dont lie either.

The fact is they might well be marginally the bigger club but I'd suggest we are the BETTER club.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3484 on: August 14, 2012, 02:01:26 PM »
Down right jealousy.That's all it is. They are run by Muppet's and are currently a Micky Mouse club. See avatar to the left

OK they they might just edge league wins but don't we have more cups? and haven't we enjoyed more time in the top flight?
They goo on about not filling our stadium but i am sure when they hit the dizzy heights of the old 4Th division they were getting 3000 fans and i remember the grass growing on the terraces. What a bunch of numpties who in recent past live in our shadows
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 02:03:01 PM by WBAinDEVON »
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Dudleylad

• WBA Chairman

« Reply #3485 on: August 14, 2012, 02:03:53 PM »
When you take into account all league placings our average league position in the football league is 18th as opposed to Wolves average position which is 22nd. Thats a decent diffence in placings given its taking our league records from the time it began.

And we have finished about them 57 times so its pretty even on that score.

For me theres not much difference between the two clubs however Wolves had a purple patch in the 50's that lead to League Championships wheras our purple patches have never led to championships but we became a more famous cup side.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 02:08:19 PM by Dudleylad »

richjonawba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3486 on: August 14, 2012, 02:07:38 PM »
I dont think any Albion fan will say that we have won more than they have so in terms of honours then they are ahead.

I'd love to see a stat that tells us how many times we have finished above them in every league in history.  I'll give them the 50's but no doubt we won the 60s, 70s, definitely 80's, they won most of the 90s, 00s and 10s have been without doubt ours.

Also take into account the head to head records:-
West Brom wins              Draws                  Wolves wins
League55           40                   52
FA Cup8          2                  1
League Cup0          1                  0
Total63          43                   53

Those stats dont lie either.

The fact is they might well be marginally the bigger club but I'd suggest we are the BETTER club.

how did we manage to just play one match against each other in the league cup and draw it?

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3487 on: August 14, 2012, 02:09:30 PM »
how did we manage to just play one match against each other in the league cup and draw it?

I have no idea.

buzzingbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3488 on: August 14, 2012, 02:11:00 PM »
Doesn't anyone else find it quite ironic that we're pretty much the same but we go on like we're miles apart, I challenge anyone to find two teams that are more alike than us?

>Similar past and recent history
>Similar fan base
>Geographical location
>Club size
>We even look at one another’s forum boards and complain we're obsessed with each other.
>People are the same apart from there allegiances, i have alot of friends who are Dingles (find it amusing and quite sad when people won't be-freind people who support a rival team)

i mean knuckle draggers inbreds from the up the road.

GGGGrrrrrr

Guesty

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3489 on: August 14, 2012, 02:17:29 PM »

I have no idea.

Maybe it went to extra time?  Its not recorded in the head to heads.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #3490 on: August 14, 2012, 02:21:49 PM »
There is no doubting that they have spent the last 11 years firmly in our shadows in my opinion. Granted they might have spent two years in the PL whilst we were in the championship but generally when we've played one another we've generally had the upper hand, whilst we were in the same league we have always finished above them. All this has generated from that fantastic promotion in 2002. Had Wolves beaten us to promotion that season I think the whole outlook for both sides would have been different. Us beating them to promotion gave us the platform to build forward and although at times we've been annoyed with Peace and his so called tightness, there's no doubt these are our greatest years in long while, rounded off by the fact they're playing second fiddle to us.

Another argument I hear regularly from them is that we have an average squad. It really is laughable. In all of their recent PL seasons under MM they have scrapped their way to survival or have at least been aided by teams which have hardly spent or entered financial oblivion. Portsmouth I remember having a ten point deduction, Burnley appointed Laws after losing Owen Coyle and Hull City went on a massive massive slide, Blackpool are another which spent little. Blues in that second half the season were another which went on a negative slide. West Ham too were awful under Grant, realistically with the players they had they should never have been relegated. We have assembled a team of footballers, footballers which look comfortable playing in this division with managers who have tried to get them playing the right way. Wolves have over the MM years been based on effort and industry with quality playing second fiddle. There are only two players in that side which would at least add something to our side and they are Fletcher and Jarvis. Everyone else I would go nowhere near. That's the difference in quality between the two. Is Hennessey better than Foster? Is Berra better than McAuley? Is Johnson better than Olsson? Is Ward better than Ridgewell? Henry over Mulumbu? O'Hara over Morrison? Doyle over Odemwingie? Milijas over Dorrans? Hunt over Brunt? The answer is no.

Last season they had a chance to build on scrapping another survival. They didn't. They decided to come and wind us up about how our signings weren't good enough and how they were really going to push on now they signed Corberan Johnson. They had egg on their faces. They finished bottom, we were 10th. Some 20+ points above them, you thought they would have learned their lesson about mouthing off.

And finally, this Hodgson was a lucky appointment. We were in the middle of a terrible run and our chairman decided to do something about it. Hodgson/Hughton were both out of work, we sacked RDM and these two were quickly the favourites. We used something called initiative to snap up the best man to take us forward. There's nothing lucky about using your brain. On the other hand, Morgan tried something similar when he sacked MM last season, instead, he made a right pigs ear of it, appointed the assistant and look what happened. They became the laughing stock at England whilst we were flirting with the top ten.

That's the difference. We've strengthened our squad. Clarke will have to be pretty incapable if he manages to get this lot relegated.

I can't comment on the years previous as I was only a wee boy. I've grew up in this era when we've been the much better side between the two.

This is no doubt this is hurting them, everything we've done over them, and personally, I'm loving it.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 02:26:12 PM by LiamTheBaggie »
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #3491 on: August 14, 2012, 02:35:42 PM »
Personally I want us in the same division the banter is flat without it, we feed each other. What does it matter to us if Leeds beat them Saturday and likewise will they really be bothered if Liverpool stuff us? You cannot beat the fear, dread and excitement in the build up to derby day, and the sheer elation when your team wins. I will keep an eye on their results next season as a load of my mates are dingles and no doubt I will take the pee in the pub if they lose but will I really be bothered? No.
12/02/12 - wo1ve5 #weshouldhavehadten

Quakes Fan

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3492 on: August 14, 2012, 02:55:56 PM »
I don't have any trouble at all distinguishing them from us. The only Dingles I can think of are those two escaped lab experiments who urinated on our pitch and Susp£kt.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #3493 on: August 14, 2012, 02:56:39 PM »
Its comments like this gem from wolf97 that make me laugh  :D

http://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/vb/showpost.php?s=d9c757b1f930217120642fc599129d3a&p=1433080&postcount=16

And they care far too much about us; there is a 140-page thread on us on westbrom.com

They still have not got the point of this 140 page thread have they ? so in simple terms mate:

WE CHUCK ALL THE pooh ABOUT THE pooh IN HERE TO KEEP THE BOARD TIDY !!!
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3494 on: August 14, 2012, 03:03:31 PM »
Its comments like this gem from wolf97 that make me laugh  :D

http://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/vb/showpost.php?s=d9c757b1f930217120642fc599129d3a&p=1433080&postcount=16

And they care far too much about us; there is a 140-page thread on us on westbrom.com

They still have not got the point of this 140 page thread have they ? so in simple terms mate:

WE CHUCK ALL THE pooh ABOUT THE pooh IN HERE TO KEEP THE BOARD TIDY !!!

Correct, scroll through the pages and find about a dozen threads on us, like their team and management they are all over the place

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3495 on: August 14, 2012, 03:17:57 PM »
Ok which one of you has upset them by saying we were better in the fifties :) we did run them close though day we

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3496 on: August 14, 2012, 03:20:49 PM »
Personally I want us in the same division the banter is flat without it, we feed each other. What does it matter to us if Leeds beat them Saturday and likewise will they really be bothered if Liverpool stuff us? You cannot beat the fear, dread and excitement in the build up to derby day, and the sheer elation when your team wins. I will keep an eye on their results next season as a load of my mates are dingles and no doubt I will take the pee in the pub if they lose but will I really be bothered? No.
im enjoying this at the mo. couldnt give a toss if we arent in the same division, means less nerves as we dont have those 2 games to worry about. of course ill be happy as leeds win on saturday, just because we are different divisions doesnt mean i will carry on not hoping their opposition beat them!

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #3497 on: August 14, 2012, 03:29:22 PM »
im enjoying this at the mo. couldnt give a toss if we arent in the same division, means less nerves as we dont have those 2 games to worry about. of course ill be happy as leeds win on saturday, just because we are different divisions doesnt mean i will carry on not hoping their opposition beat them!
I want them to lose every week that goes without saying but it has no effect on us, we cant look at the league and check how many points clear that win has taken us etc. Im more interested in what the Villa do this season, they are our rivals in the big league!
12/02/12 - wo1ve5 #weshouldhavehadten

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3498 on: August 14, 2012, 03:35:43 PM »
I want them to loose every game go down and go out of business.As most of them know the Villa is our biggest rival, they can have it out with Walsall.Their level

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3499 on: August 14, 2012, 03:36:03 PM »
why would anyone want to look at the championship league when we are in the premiership :D those mugs are there because they desevered to be!