Author Topic: Dingle watch - Anything Wolves  (Read 2091494 times)

dont ask me to choose luv

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Dingle watch - Anything Wolves
« Reply #2375 on: February 25, 2012, 12:18:49 PM »
:D Come on. Do you know how ridiculous that sounds? Concede the point and move on.

I doubt Mick would want Connor to quit for his sake,
if they truly are that close. If I were Mick, I'd be chuffed that my mate Terry finally got his chance at the big time.

As for Connor's loyalty, Mick hasn't been signing his paychecks. What kind of employee would Connor be if he quit at the exact moment his employer needed him most? "Loyal" isn't the adjective that comes to mind.

Please accept my apology if my opinion sounds ridiculous to you, I obviously don't have your literary skills (misspent youth) but I write how I feel & if that inspires you to respond in a negative way to my posts, then so be it, personally I prefer to give my opinions as a response to situations, as apposed to just highlighting other posts & criticising them consistently (like some cheeky monkeys do on this site)

My point wasn't about what Mick wants, it is regarding Connors actions & the way he has let himself be used as a pawn in all this mess & has clearly shown no 'LOYALTY' towards someone who obviously regarded him as a friend & confidant.

I doubt MM was doing cartwheels when TC was announced as "the right man for the job"

BUT again this is just my opinion & not meant to offend anyone   
Life is about using the whole box of crayons!

Quakes Fan

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2376 on: February 25, 2012, 02:06:08 PM »
Please accept my apology if my opinion sounds ridiculous to you, I obviously don't have your literary skills (misspent youth) but I write how I feel & if that inspires you to respond in a negative way to my posts, then so be it, personally I prefer to give my opinions as a response to situations, as apposed to just highlighting other posts & criticising them consistently (like some cheeky monkeys do on this site)

I thought it was self-evident that someone who knows Connor personally is better qualified to judge his personality than someone who doesn't.

It sounds like you're saying you don't want anyone to disagree with you. Fair enough, but someone else will do it, eventually.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2377 on: February 25, 2012, 02:24:45 PM »
It's a bit daft expecting a guy who was there long before Mick to go when Mick leaves.  TC has every right to stay and every right to take the job.  Good luck to him.

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2378 on: February 25, 2012, 02:54:44 PM »
No Roger Johnson or Fletcher in the starting 11 today.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

reynirver

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #2379 on: February 25, 2012, 04:59:11 PM »
off to a good start I think... 2-2 after being 2 nil down!

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2380 on: February 25, 2012, 05:02:24 PM »
Good comeback from Wolves, Dolye had a very good game today.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

merlin_mick

« Reply #2381 on: February 25, 2012, 06:14:56 PM »
Wolves say one manager was offered job before Terry Connor

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17156446

WSBaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2382 on: February 25, 2012, 06:43:09 PM »
The interim boss says he has been in touch with McCarthy on a regular basis since his sacking and revealed the Yorkshireman wished him good luck before the game.

"I've been in contact with Mick most days, just chatting things through and chatting about the situation and what's going on," he said.

"But he sent me a good luck message today by text and also had the courtesy to ring as well and we had a good chat before we got on the team bus to go."

Hahahaha I didn't think it could get much funnier. I've been taking the p*** saying he will be ringing McCarthy but he actually has been? Hilarious.

WSBaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2383 on: February 25, 2012, 06:44:19 PM »

Yet you interviewed around 5 other candidates before even thinking about Connor permanantly...

WSBaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2384 on: February 25, 2012, 06:46:53 PM »

I'm sorry but you can dress it up however you want. Everyone knows it was shambolic from Morgan and Moxey regardless of media opinions or managers coming out and commenting. You clearly had no plan A or B after sacking Mick and ended up going with Plan F.

merlin_mick

« Reply #2385 on: February 25, 2012, 07:11:50 PM »
Yet you interviewed around 5 other candidates before even thinking about Connor permanantly...

Interviewed, yes? Offered, no.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2386 on: February 25, 2012, 07:34:09 PM »
It's a bit daft expecting a guy who was there long before Mick to go when Mick leaves.  TC has every right to stay and every right to take the job.  Good luck to him.

Ditto - this is his chance. Would be sily to show "loyalty" by quitting. I wonder if your boss got sacked and you were offered a promotion if you would quit?

Clue - it's a rhetorical question.
Boing Boing

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2387 on: February 25, 2012, 07:34:33 PM »
Interviewed, yes? Offered, no.
Yes and I walked in to the bank 5 times with a gun but because I didnt shoot anyone am I not an armed robber ??
Anyways I sincerly hope that you lot get a manager in that can a) stand up to Moxley and Baldy and b) sort you out cause its nice to have the competition in the same league (and 6 points) .
Yes I have a dislike for the dingles , but know a few who are ok and i'd much rather Wigan , blackburn , qpr or Bolton drop...however its been a good fortnight  :D
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

DaveWBA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2388 on: February 25, 2012, 07:38:55 PM »
I think saftey is more than likely for us, especially looking at how poor the teams below us are doing.

Been saying this to my Wolves mates for weeks, you never should have sacked Mick.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2389 on: February 25, 2012, 07:42:05 PM »
Absolutely delighted with this appointment. Once again Wolverhampton Wanderers are blazing a trail and pushing back boundaries. Very proud to be a Wolves fan right now, almost as much as when I witnessed my great club defeat the mighty Budapest Honved, restoring some much needed pride in England football.

Terry Connor has my full support, and whatever happens, the beautiful game has received a much needed boost at a time when vile, ignorant prejudice is still rife in this country and particularly overseas. As one of the all time great clubs in football with a high profile playing in the Premier League, this decision sends out a strong message worldwide. I think, as a country, we can all have reason to be proud.

Best of luck in your match against Sunderland.

Proud to be a Wolves fans? Come on, admit it, you feel a little humiliated by the last 2 weeks. Starts with a hammering at home to your local rivals and ends with a ridiculous situation where your owners promise an experienced managed as "a novice wouldnt be suitable" and then proceed to hire your assistant manager as tou get turned down by half the LMA.

It is great that a black manager gets a chance in the game of course and especially somebody who comes across as well as Conner does but f*** me the last 2 weeks have been a shambles  ;).
Boing Boing

MrWolf

« Reply #2390 on: February 25, 2012, 07:43:04 PM »
I also think Moxey is talking s***. I hate the slimeball. But hey ho, great results for both teams today! You lot are probably safe now (I assume you don't want Hodgson out any more? ;)) and we played brilliant today. You never know, Terry Connor could be the next Chris Hughton. I look forward to Fulham.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2391 on: February 25, 2012, 07:43:21 PM »

Damage limitation. Admit it, you know yourself that you were turned down by a number of managers, probably including Steve Bruce in the end.
Boing Boing

reiss

« Reply #2392 on: February 25, 2012, 07:45:41 PM »
I also think Moxey is talking s***. I hate the slimeball. But hey ho, great results for both teams today! You lot are probably safe now (I assume you don't want Hodgson out any more? ;)) and we played brilliant today. You never know, Terry Connor could be the next Chris Hughton. I look forward to Fulham.

if you beat fulham, i wonder if wolves fans will still disagree with the terry connor appointment

MrWolf

« Reply #2393 on: February 25, 2012, 07:47:03 PM »
Proud to be a Wolves fans? Come on, admit it, you feel a little humiliated by the last 2 weeks. Starts with a hammering at home to your local rivals and ends with a ridiculous situation where your owners promise an experienced managed as "a novice wouldnt be suitable" and then proceed to hire your assistant manager as tou get turned down by half the LMA.

It is great that a black manager gets a chance in the game of course and especially somebody who comes across as well as Conner does but f*** me the last 2 weeks have been a shambles  ;).

Mate, I know you hate us but you gotta admit, us Wolves fans are some of the most passionate in the country. We won't let the 12 Feb embarrassment and the shambles conducted by the two idiots at the helm of our club get in the way of our support. I'm sure you'd say the same if it was the other way round.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 07:49:22 PM by MrWolf »

MrWolf

« Reply #2394 on: February 25, 2012, 07:48:20 PM »
if you beat fulham, i wonder if wolves fans will still disagree with the terry connor appointment

I'm eating humble pie already  :D

merlin_mick

« Reply #2395 on: February 25, 2012, 07:49:23 PM »
Damage limitation. Admit it, you know yourself that you were turned down by a number of managers, probably including Steve Bruce in the end.

Baggies fans just never listen do they?

wba1993dave

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2396 on: February 25, 2012, 07:52:35 PM »
Wolves play Blackburn soon , that game is going to be huge.
BOING BOING

reiss

« Reply #2397 on: February 25, 2012, 07:54:20 PM »
Wolves play Blackburn soon , that game is going to be huge.

wolves should be looking at 3 points in that game

MrWolf

« Reply #2398 on: February 25, 2012, 07:58:20 PM »
We MUST beat Blackburn, it's absolutely vital. We have them and Bolton to visit Molineux, we MUST look at 6 points from those.

WSBaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2399 on: February 25, 2012, 08:01:48 PM »
Baggies fans just never listen do they?

You are pretty naive if you believe any of the bull**** that comes out of Moxey or Morgan's mouths.