Author Topic: Dingle watch - Anything Wolves  (Read 2091709 times)

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

Re: Dingle watch - Anything Wolves
« Reply #2325 on: February 24, 2012, 10:42:44 AM »
Makes you appreciate the excellent job JP has done in keeping us stable and appointing the right man.

AidantheBaggies

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2326 on: February 24, 2012, 10:43:16 AM »
Makes you appreciate the excellent job JP has done in keeping us stable and appointing the right man.

Spot on mate
Lee Probert's Barmy Army!!!

DaveWBA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2327 on: February 24, 2012, 10:47:10 AM »
Even these lot can see the funny side.

http://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=69191

Jack Russell

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2328 on: February 24, 2012, 11:13:15 AM »
Clipboard might just keep them up, he might have to ring Mick for tactical advise though
WOOF WOOF  I always come I always care but sometimes bite

up_the_baggies

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2329 on: February 24, 2012, 11:33:48 AM »
The word's 'nail' and 'coffin' spring to mind.

High Horse

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2330 on: February 24, 2012, 11:43:26 AM »
Even these lot can see the funny side.

http://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=69191

Bloody 'ell! A Dingle with a sense of humour and brains! That actually made me laugh...
'Always remember that you are an Englishman and therefore have drawn first prize in the lottery of life'

'There are three things to beware of: the hoof of a horse, the horn of a bull, and the smile of an Englishman'

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2331 on: February 24, 2012, 12:08:13 PM »
"Mick, I'm lined up to be the next Wolves boss"

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2332 on: February 24, 2012, 12:12:40 PM »
"Mick, I'm lined up to be the next Wolves boss"

I just knew i should have listened to you clipboard
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2333 on: February 24, 2012, 12:14:38 PM »
i just have a feeling he'll have enough to keep em up. been looking all over their boards(dont know why), but they are finding strength in the success stories of the likes of hughton and ricky sbragia who took over from the previous manager and kept their clubs up. lescott also has said he keeps connor in high regard. maybe itll be a chance for connor to employ his set of tactics.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2334 on: February 24, 2012, 12:19:43 PM »

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2335 on: February 24, 2012, 12:22:46 PM »
i just have a feeling he'll have enough to keep em up. been looking all over their boards(dont know why), but they are finding strength in the success stories of the likes of hughton and ricky sbragia who took over from the previous manager and kept their clubs up. lescott also has said he keeps connor in high regard. maybe itll be a chance for connor to employ his set of tactics.

I don't know what boards you're looking at but Molineux Mix is hilarious right now!

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2336 on: February 24, 2012, 12:32:29 PM »
I don't know what boards you're looking at but Molineux Mix is hilarious right now!
http://www.wolvesforum.co.uk/forum.php. everyone seems calmer and more rational

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2337 on: February 24, 2012, 12:45:27 PM »

Ricky Sbragia a success story? He had a win percentage of 23% (his premier league win record is even worse)! He got less points than games - he very nearly relegated Sunderland. Promoting from within rarely works in the premier league - there's been far more disasters, and only a handful of success stories. Being a coach is very different to being a manager - look at massively respected coaches like Sammy Lee, dreadful manager.

Still, he COULD do well, just as Pardew surprised us all at Newcastle. But Its fairly clear he's a last resort - they've gone from saying they wanted an experienced manager and it wasn't a job for a beginner, to hiring someone with no experience whatsoever. They've basically gambled that Connor turns out to be competent.

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2338 on: February 24, 2012, 12:48:09 PM »
Ricky Sbragia a success story? He had a win percentage of 23% (his premier league win record is even worse)! He got less points than games - he very nearly relegated Sunderland. Promoting from within rarely works in the premier league - there's been far more disasters, and only a handful of success stories. Being a coach is very different to being a manager - look at massively respected coaches like Sammy Lee, dreadful manager.

Still, he COULD do well, just as Pardew surprised us all at Newcastle. But Its fairly clear he's a last resort - they've gone from saying they wanted an experienced manager and it wasn't a job for a beginner, to hiring someone with no experience whatsoever. They've basically gambled that Connor turns out to be competent.
fair point, maybe not sbragia then :p i think they are just looking for crumbs of comfort over there in what has been a fairly mediocre appointment tbh.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2339 on: February 24, 2012, 12:49:53 PM »
they say its a funny old game, I wouldnt be surprized if they beat Newcastle tomorrow.

jonasyoulegend

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #2340 on: February 24, 2012, 01:37:45 PM »
told you he was going to be appointed

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2341 on: February 24, 2012, 01:49:44 PM »
Daft question bu why bother sacking Merlin to appoint clip board?
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Andio

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2342 on: February 24, 2012, 01:57:58 PM »
Last resort springs to mind. "everyone has turned us down mox let's just appoint someone who won't. Welcome terry Connor to the room"

And to top all that off.

Morgan said today "Wolves unveiled Terry Connor as their boss – as chairman Steve Morgan insisted: “We’ve got the best man for the job.”

;D ;D ;D

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2343 on: February 24, 2012, 02:06:12 PM »
After all that they give it to TC. I personally think that they shouldnt have got rid of Mick as I dont think he can improve the results.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2344 on: February 24, 2012, 02:45:34 PM »
They look delighted.....

I only go for the beer.

dont ask me to choose luv

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2345 on: February 24, 2012, 02:49:45 PM »
I wonder if Ian Evans feels a bit like Pete Best (5th Beatle), if he hadn't of resigned in 2007 he could've been 1st choice for this massive job instead of TC.

Good luck clipboard, your going to need it, especially with that pair of morons running the club.   
Life is about using the whole box of crayons!

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2346 on: February 24, 2012, 02:50:30 PM »
I believe he was their number one choice and didn't cost anything
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2347 on: February 24, 2012, 02:52:28 PM »
Im glad for Terry Conner as sometimes people can get stuck in the role of assistant manager. This gives him a chance to prove himself and also is another opportunity for a black manager to get into the game.

This is a mockery though and it's funny that Wolves have become the nations footballing laughing stock this last fortnight week (tough to manage with Rangers, Chelsea's and Pompey's problems). The Irony of Moxey's early comments about getting an experienced premier league manager and this not being a job for a rookie isnt lost on Wolves fans.

Morgan can pretend that they have nothing to be embarrassed about, but dont be surprised to see Wolves ending up with a technical director in the next few months.
Boing Boing

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2348 on: February 24, 2012, 04:01:25 PM »
When asked what the players would be calling him, Conner replied "TC, you have to earn the name Gaffer or manager". He came across as a nice man actually, almost want him to succeed having seen his interview. Very humble throughout.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17152136

Moxey and Morgan dont come out well though. When being told it looked like they had no contingency plan when McCarthey was sacked, Morgan replied "of course we didnt have a contingency plan, that implies there was a plot to sack Mick" then went on to say "we have had a poor run for 22 games and it was the straw that broke the camels back". If that's the case, what sort of business does not have a plan in place over how to replace him? Shows English football is full of people sitting in these roles who have old fashioned attitudes and not enough business sense when it comes to what goes on on the pitch.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17152127
Boing Boing

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2349 on: February 24, 2012, 04:11:34 PM »
3 massive games coming up for Wolves they need at least six points from them.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC